1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

RIP Bill Paxton

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Ray D, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Passed away at the age of 61 due to "complications from surgery." No word on what the surgery was for, not that it matters.

He had key roles in many of my favorite movies and always came across as a very warm and kind person... well, maybe not when he played Chet. ;) Thanks for the memories, and my deepest sympathies for his family.

2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I just bought the Alien Quadrilogy on Blu-Ray a couple of weeks ago, and was thinking yesterday that I need to watch through it since I haven't watched Aliens for a number of years. Every time I think of any of the Aliens movies, the first thing that pops into my mind is, "Game over, man. Game over!" Sad to hear about this, as like Ray said, he was in a lot of my favorite movies.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Heart surgery I believe. Very sad, favorite of mine. Chet was the first roll I saw him in.

He also had a obscure roll in a vampire movie thats kind of a cult favorite, After Dark, I think.

Played many good characters, his acting chops will be missed. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

RIP Bill.

4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Used to watch him in Twister just about once a month with my late Wife - we even watched it on a laptop when we'd go camping. He was in a lot of the same movies with Michael Biehn (Johnny Ringo), an actor I met years ago on a river rafting trip in Oregon. They were in Tombstone, Aliens and Terminator together. An article today stated that Bill Paxton is the only person ever killed by a Predator, a Terminator and an Alien. Very good actor - he will be missed. God bless his wife of 30 years and family.

5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Frailty. That is all. Hate to hear this.

6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Man, that sucks. He was a great actor and seemed to be a great guy.
    That's awesome. What was he like? He always struck me as a cool dude.

7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    He was a really nice down to earth guy. My Daughters knew him right away - mainly from Tombstone and were swooning right away but it took me a while to figure out who he was and the roles he had played - he's one of those actors that not too many people remember his name but remember his movies - Aliens, Terminator, The Rock, The Abyss, Tombstone. He had just shot a made for TV disaster movie called Asteroid and we had lengthy discussions about astronomy and the probability of an asteroid hitting Earth - he was worried that the movie would be too far fetched and suck and I told him while unlikely, it certainly could happen and has happened in the past, but thanks to Jupiter (and it's enormous gravitational pull) - most comets and asteroids are kept a safe distance from Earth.