1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Richardson released

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by funkysteelersfan, Sep 29, 2016.

1. funkysteelersfan

funkysteelersfan Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    As expected, Daryl Richardson was released today to make room for Le'Veon Bell on the active roster. Jeremy Fowler of ESPN is the source

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Hope we can pick him back up. We have to wait for him to clear waivers now, is that how that works?

3. funkysteelersfan

Nov 1, 2011
    Pretty sure that is how it works. We could sign him to our practice squad after he clears waivers. But he isn't under any obligation to us ....After he clears waivers, he could sign with any team whether it be to the active roster or practice squad.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    to be honest we could use some other position added to the PS before we need another RB. center/guard possibly for now. LB. we are thin with injuries and we did add cobb as a RB prior to this. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    How many RB's are on there now? At one point we were joking about having so many. Jettison one of them and put Richardson on it, he looked pretty good to me. Don't know if he's NFL caliber but DWill doesn't have much longer, IMO. Might need another back as soon as next season.

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we got cobb early this year added to the PS. he's that kid from U of Minn.. he was pretty good in the big 10. was a 5th rounder for the titans. was on their IR last year because of a calf injury. he had about 2900 yards in college. i think he played in 7 games for tenn. last year. he's like 229 lbs. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I think Cobb is the only RB on the PS now. Pretty sure we released Brown-Dukes earlier in the week and brought that safety back... Hagen or something?

8. funkysteelersfan

Nov 1, 2011
    That's correct, Due to injury concerns the only 2 I would boot off the practice squad for Richardson are the RB Cobb or the DE Johnny Maxey.