1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhonda Rousey...

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Bleedsteel, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Damn, does UFC have a concussion protocol?!?:shrug::eek::hmm::hehehe:

Actually, Apparentley, they do...

She is banned from fighting for the next 6 months, for "medical reasons"..

Actually makes sense, if you saw the kick she took to the base of her neck!!!..
    If that don`t knock you out, NOTHING will...

Perfect, Brutal hit!!!(And not illeagle, in that sport!!!):lolol::thumbs up::rawk:

2. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    There is an injury protocol in place. The co-main event winner is banned from fighting as well for 6 months due to a broken hand.

She didn't fight her fight and paid for it. Had no answer for the take-down defense and her getting away from the arm bar.

This is were the Champion has to make the Challenger come to her. She didn't and thought she could intimidate her, but realized too late it wasn't going to go down that way and got destroyed by a better fighter.

3. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Good point, Lizard...

I was trying to think of an analogy, to our stubborness to change against our opponents` weaknesses, or, to do what we always do, or being overconfident, that we will win, just because we are who we are, and our opponent is inferior...

But I couldn`t quite come up with it..

I think you just did...

Although, I`m not sure the better fighter won...

I think the better fighter got a little cocky, and didn`t percieve the true nature of the threat she was facing...

That analogy, might translate better to the NFL, where even the worst NFL team, is STILL an NFL team...

"They get paid just like we do", etc...

GO STEELERS!!!! Kick `Em in the head!!!(Antonio can show you how... LOL)

4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Let's just say better fighter that day.

Seriously though Roussey was never a great stand-up fighter. She was getting better, but like you said, she started believing her own hype! She looked good swinging at inferior opponents that turtled because they were scared. Holly stood in made her chase and tagged the crap out of her. Once she tried her take downs and realized she wasn't going to get them, you saw her face change and the aura wore off.

That shoot attempt with a punch that Holly dogged was the whole fight summed up in a nutshell.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't think Roussey started believing her own hype, I believe the opposite, that she wanted to prove that she could beat an opponent without using a submission hold. Everyone says she can't box and she fully admits that it isn't her strength and after that fight, its more apparent than ever that it's not. I think she got tired of the talk and went outside her comfort zone.

Stick to what makes you great, Roussey, grappling and submission holds, you'll probably never lose again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Speaking of which. She's already come out and said she may be done for good if she loses to Holm again.....

Someone is really shaken up about getting pummeled.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, that was a serious beat down. I think it may be her last fight win, lose or draw. Other things await her that don't involve the risk of getting her brains beat in.

8. Penda

Penda Member

Jan 24, 2016
    The problem was that Holly Holm shut down Rousey's entry to the clinch.

This is where the Men's UFC game is much more advanced than that of the women.

Rousey's entry to the clinch was the Ogoshi throw, to Kesa Gatame, which naturally leads to an arm bar.

This is all pretty junior stuff for Judoka, and Jiu Jitseros of the Brazillian persuasion.

Just wait for ones opponent to plant their feet, for the big right, and they ripen themselves for the Ogoshi. But Holly Holm is a World Champion boxer, and kickboxer. Her feet are too good to be caught out like that, her shots are too hurtful to walk on to for a bull rushing opponent.

To take Holly Holm down is not impossible, but it will take ring craft, foot work, sharp hands , and a good array of moves.

• Informative Informative x 1