1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Restricted Free Agents

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by turtle, Jan 12, 2020.

1. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Mike Hilton

Matt Feiler

LT Walton - (6th round)

Jordan Dangerfield

Zach Banner

These are the RFAs on the team right now. I don't know much about the process other than you have 4 options I believe. Give the player 1) 1st round tender 2) 2nd round tender 3) original round drafted tender 4) let them become an UFA

Question....since 4 of these 5 guys weren't drafted by Pittsburgh or drafted at all, is option 3 eliminated or does it go back to where they were drafted by the other team? I assume its eliminated because you are not really protecting your initial investment??

Question...if they sign the guy to a one year (or multi yr) contract, I'm assuming the RFA designation is dropped right? Seems like it would, which would be option 5.

I think a first round tender is around 3-4 million and a second round tender is around 2-3 million. Anyone see the numbers?

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Walton was cut and later brought back after Tuitt went down. Is he still a restricted player for us? :cool:

3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I don't know how that part of it works either. He ended the year on IR too. So maybe not...??

4. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    You can still put an original round tender on a player even if you didn’t draft them afaik

I’d expect most of those guys to be back

6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015

So LT Walton must not be eligible. Insert Kameron Canaday, the other site didn't have him listed. And I didn't know about the "right of first refusal" tender.

And 1st rnd tender money updated to 4.6 mil, 2nd rnd tender to 3.2 and original round to 2.1 mil.

7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    See ya Dupree, need to sign most these guys.