1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

rest of the season

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by francobettis, Nov 15, 2011.

1. francobettis

francobettis Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I just looked at our last 6 games and I was like wow. I guess our tough part of the season is done. We play the browns twice, KC, Bengals, Rams and SF. We could easliy go 5-1 and finish at 12-4. I guess we should go one game at a time and not be so optimistic.

2. Rivets

Rivets Member

Oct 17, 2011
    KC - 4 - 5
    Bengals - 6 - 3
    Rams - 2 - 7
    Browns - 3 - 6
    Browns - 3 - 6 (since we play them twice still)
    49ers - 8 - 1

I think assuming we play well, the browns x2, the rams and the chiefs should be wins, but the 49ers and the Bengals, who knows.
    should be at least 4-2, hoping for 5-1.

As an interesting side note: I'd love to see the tie breaker if say, the Ravens beat us twice, we beat the bengals twice, and the bengals beat the ravens twice, and we all have the same record.

3. SteelerSteve

SteelerSteve Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Assuming Ben's broken thumb doesn't affect his quality of play we are going at least 5-1, with the Monday Nighter in San Fran determining whether we go 6-0 and 13-3. I believe we will need to do this to win the division outright. I don't expect Baltimore to lose more than 1 game on the way out finishing 12-4, if they lose 2 and go 11-5, the division will be ours for sure!!!!!!! Just think about what a great position we would of been in had we just finished them off when we had the chance!!! Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KC- W 38-10
    Cincy- W 31-17
    Cleve- W 34-13
    Niners- W 24-20
    Rams- W 30-13
    Cleve- W 45-20

HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cleveland

4. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I like to look at the games as Home and Away as an indicator or how things will go. Look at Baltimore and you can see that road games...they can be tough.

Home

Cincinnati
    Cleveland
    St. Louis

If there is any game of this bunch which COULD be lost, it would be Cinn. Having just beaten them at their home, I can't imagine we lose this on our field with a rookie QB playing for them.

AWAY

Kansas City
    San Francisco
    Cleveland

Away games always scare me. San Fran IMO is a loss on the road. They will pound us on the ground all night. I don't see this one ending well. Kansas City is a trap game. Coming off a bye week, we could be sluggish. Couple that with taking the win for granted as honestly, Palko? gets the start. It is hard to "fear" this game, which is what I want the team to do. Cleveland, last game of the year....always can create issues, especially if we have nothing to play for. Ideally, we have a #1 seed up for grabs or at least a first round bye. Give us that to play for, and I won't fear this game. I could see us going as bad as 2-4, but I don't thin that will happen. I think we end up going 5-1 assuming we stay healthy coming down the stretch.

5. NecessaryRoughness

NecessaryRoughness Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    They remind me of the Bears in 2005: a hot, upstart team. They don't have to deal with the receivers that we have in any other game. The Cowboys are the closest, and Dallas beat the 49ers!

I like us to confuse Alex Smith and sling the ball around on their D.

I also suspect that we'll lose another game in the regular season, and they are the team that would probably be able to do it. (Any given Sunday, but still...)

Also remember that the Rats hold the ultimate tiebreaker against us, but they have to match or exceed our win total. They could absolutely drop two or three of their games against the 49ers, @ San Diego, and @ Cincinnati, or even their home game next week against the Bengals.

6. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    For the rest of the season I think that we could possibly go 6-0...

KC- The last time we played them in 2009, they beat us in OT and we also played them at their place.. this year though they aren't looking too good, but they do have 2 good wins against oakland (a decent team) and san diego, so anything can happen... and given that its on sunday night you know they may be even more pumped... But overall I don't think Palko will be able to handle it. Steelers 24- KC- 14

CIN- Always a tough game no matter who they have at QB... but they will be looking to get back for us beating them. Dalton and Newton are leading contenders for rookie of the year, but dalton may get it because of a better record... If we potentially have a game lead in the AFC North over Cinncy then we will have our heads up and ready for the game... But this game could decide the division. Steelers 20- CIN-17

Clev- Always plays us tough, but they are not having a good year... Steelers- 35 Clev- 14

SF- jim harbaugh may be in the head seat for coach of the yr, no one thought they would be at 8-1 right now... and i didnt either! They have an underrated sum what receiving core and they have 2 or 3 (at times) good RB. If we play tight up like we did against the Pats then we can slow their WR down. Steelers 14- SF- 10 OT (steelers wrap up division)

STL- I hate to say it, but this may be a trap game for us...yes i said it... at times we play down to the level of our competition and lose focus. Bradford isn't a bad QB he just doesn't have anyone around him to make him better... But still there Defense is horrid... so hopefully we take advt. of this and come out rolling... Steelers 35- STL 14 (Steelers wrap up # 1 overall seed)

Clev- Same as above (other Clev,) but they are home and its there last game and the division could go down to this game... steelers rest couple guys and still get win but its too close for comfort.... Steelers 17 Clev- 10

7. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Never know what will happen? One game at a time.

8. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    It will probably come down to who the Browns manage to upset

9. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    My thoughts exactley!!!! One at a time!!!

10. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am worried about KC for two reasons...coming off the bye and the whole trap game. Coming off the bye has not treated teams well this year for some reason. I know we need the rest for the injured guys, but I hate the potential of losing any momentum we may have been gaining.
    I can only hope that the rest gets these guys fresh and that the fact that there are 6 games left and the division is really at stake with every game with losing twice to Balt that they come out playing lights out lets make a push for 7 mentality. They really can peak at the right time and if they do it regardless of who is on the other side then they certainly could run the table.
    One week at a time...right now its very exciting and we have a lot to cheer and route for!

11. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

As a fan, I can look ahead without impacting the way the team plays. I doubt the coaches are reading this and thinking, yeah, we need to concentrate on one game at a time. KC sucks, QB out, Steelers are getting healthy. Time for a blowout!

12. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I would say 5-0 and if yall think we are gonna lose to "the all of a sudden unbeatible 49ers" then yall have another thing coming.We are the steelers and we are the ones to beat.

13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Bengles are not going to be an easy game nor is Niners nor will @Cleveland.
    KC at KC? People the Steelers game are there SUPERBOWLS. They bring their
    A game to play the Steelers. Steelers can't let off the throttle. 4 and 2 should get us
    in the playoffs.