1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Reporter asked Bryant perfect question

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Oct 16, 2017.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    "Is this about AB complained and Leveon complained and now they are getting more touches"

EXACTLY! What I've been trying to tell you guys this is a trickle down effect from Browns antics. These younger guys look up to him and he's not being a good leader. Sadly, he's been doing stuff like this for years so I don't think he will ever get it.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  2. Steel4Blood

Steel4Blood Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2017
    AB is definitely a me player, but he is a guy that will never cheat the game. He gives it his all every day, and i can deal with his selfishness as long as he keeps producing.
    Once his distractions outweigh his production its a different story, but like i said he always brings it and thats more than i can say about most of the guys on this team.
    If he doesnt catch that tipped ball yesterday we might be 3-3 and this board would look alot different.
    He is always making plays like that so i will deal with his occasional selfish behavior.
    He doesnt have to be a leader. Other guys in the locker room can fill that position, he just needs to do what he is doing, and thats performing like the best receiver in football

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Really??????

Name one wr1 that doesn't want the ball every time it's thrown..
    Name one rb1 that doesn't want the ball every time it's snapped...

The best players want the ball, and when we gave our best players the ball, great things happened..

That's the example I'm concerned with... put in the hard work and the production follows...... if martavis wants the ball, then he needs to show and prove...
    Lip service without the action to back it up is just a way to find yourself with splinters in your rear, cause right now, Bryant's being outplayed by juju

Time to put up or shut up

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    [​IMG]
    "Hey SDOT, Merry Christmas!" - AB

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  6. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011

Nary a flag was thrown on that play as well....interesting how at least one flag doesn't fly on that play!

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Interesting because I remember after his FB live antics. Tomlin saying they sat him down and told him they want him to be a leader. Pretty sure when you pay someone 80 million dollars in this league you are expecting more then just on the field production. Suppose to be the best in the league at your position. Julio Jones is putting up weak numbers by his standards and I don't hear him crying.

So who exactly is filling that position? Ben, Heyward, or Harrison? Yeah, they get the respect from their teammates but you'd have to be delusional if you think Bryant and Bell are like I want to be like Harrison or Ben. No. The guy in all the commercials, hanging with rappers, and driving the Rolls. That's who they look up to and want to be.

Yeah, you don't get it.

8. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    If Bryant starts running crisp patterns, gets open and fights for the ball in tight space, then he will get the ball.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We are all missing the elephant in the room. As Ben began to play better, the happier All the B's will be. Don't get caught up in the smoke screen. This is still on Ben's play. Brown,Bell, and Bryant have shown us that they are still the best in the business. Ben, on the other hand, has not.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    How do you know he's not? He got 2 targets last game. He's 6'5 and runs a 4.3 40. He's open.

11. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Wow, you guys must know Brown better than I do. What I see is an extremely gifted receiver who knows he can change a game at any given moment. His work ethic is renown by all and his play on the field is unparalleled. He is a passionate kid playing for (hopefully) championships and, yes, millions. Maybe he doesn't go about controlling his passions, but at the least he has them. Hard worker, talented, passionate...some pretty decent traits for an up and coming leader. Maybe not Hines Ward kind of leader, but I'm not even sure Hines was that kind of leader at the same point in his career. Brown could be a better leader, but the kid ain't bad neither!

12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I agree with this. Bryant is gonna have to be patient until Ben gets out of his funk. It's unfortunate that Bryant has been the biggest victim of Ben's sub-par play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You mean like this?

[​IMG]

14. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    It's his 8th season in the league. How long are you going to wait? Until we have no QB, RB, and shot at a Super Bowl. Time is now.

15. Steel4Blood

Sep 7, 2017

16. Steel4Blood

Sep 7, 2017
    So what would you suggest.? Give up the best player on the team because he likes to have the ball in his hands to win the game?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I will say this about Bryant: When he goes for the deep ball it's not even close. He blows the lid off the top of the opposing defense. A perfectly placed ball will get a TD on any of those routes. When he has to stretch out for the ball, - or worse, come back to the ball - then the defender can catch him and tackle him. If he gets hit in stride we're looking at several easy six-point plays.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yes, that's EXACTLY what he's suggesting. :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Its time for Jones to come to the rescue.

:hmm:

20. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Exactly!

• Like Like x 1
  21. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Could be wrong, but I think the MB issue is that he wants that next big paycheck. After losing a year to suspension, he's got limited time to put up stats for a big 2nd contract.

22. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    It's not about him wanting the ball in his hands, we all do. It's his actions, it's cancerous to the locker room. I would see how the season plays out and what Ben does. If he retires and there's a QB we like then I would consider it. If this is how he acts with a HoFer throwing him the ball and he's breaking every record in record time. How is he going to act when Landry Jones or Dobbs is? Well we've already seen when he blew up on Landry Jones after one bad ball. QB is the most important position. No point in wasting time.

23. Steel4Blood

Sep 7, 2017
    When Ben retires after this season we will have to see. Maybe with Ben off the team AB will finally step into the leadership role.. who knows.?
    I dont see the Steelers rolling out next year with Dobbs or Landry as the starter though. They will get a veteran Free agent, or draft a guy in the first.
    It just depends who is behind center and i dont think that will be dobbs or jones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Don't even say Kirk Cousins because that's never happening. The only likely player I see them taking a chance on that would be better than Landry Jones is Bradford but given his injury issues. More then likely is going to be Landry Jones, that's why they signed him to a 2 year deal.

25. Steel4Blood

Sep 7, 2017
    Cousins will cost way to much. I never said Cousins. Ive watched every game cousins has played in the NFL and he is not worth the money he is about to get.
    I honestly dont know who they will get, anything can happen. Im one of those people that would rather draft a QB in the first then overpay for a mid tier guy who will never win a playoff game.
    There could be alot of QB's coming out this year im sure one of them could fall to us.
    Darnold, Rosen, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Luke Falk, Mason Rudolf, and Baker Mayfield.
    Id be happy if we drafted any of them except Lamar Jackson.
    I just have a feeling Lamar Jackson will only be a great college player. He is just not a great thrower.
    If we spent a first or second rounder on one of these guys i think AB would calm down a little. Just my feeling. He cant get more immature. He can only get better.