1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Report: Steelers are not picking up Artie Burns' 5th year option

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Destroyer, May 1, 2019.

1. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    It is incredible to me how a player who never actually makes any plays on the ball is routinely burned because he thinks he is going to make a play on the ball. I've never seen anything like it. Usually gamblers hit on a gamble every once in awhile.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Artie quit on Tomlin. He was just out there going through the motions last year.

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Always remember friends when you watch college football players most of
    them are going to be getting on with their lives work. The key in evaluation
    can these players transition into the pro game?

4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Davis improved, but he still isn't very good. He also made arguably the worst single mistake by a Steeler last season when you consider the pure stupidity involved in the play and the impact. Philip Rivers threw what should have been a final nail in the coffin interception in the second half of the Steelers loss to the Chargers. Joe Haden had the ball and Davis drilled him because he was flying around out of control and without looking where he was going.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    imagine in a different world we see that he didn't commit that play, we picked it off went to the playoffs and won the sb. imagine the hate on him lol

6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Steelers just weren't consistent enough to win the Super Bowl last season and the Brown drama could have played out during a playoff run, but that team should have been in the playoffs and I do think it is fair to lay a significant portion of the blame for the loss to the Chargers on Davis.

7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    So the biggest mistake was Davis flying uncontrolled into Haden and preventing the interception? You don't possibly think the bigger mistake that was repeated throughout the game was the failure to cover the slot receiver who was gouging your defense for big gains with something better than a LB or zone coverage?

8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That was a series of plays. If you are going to point to one single mistake, it was Davis. The Chargers' rally never gets started if Haden intercepts that pass.

Also, I was talking about mistakes by players, not coaches.

9. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Keenan Allen had 148 yards and a touchdown no one employed by the Steelers, players or coaches did anything to stop him that is what cost them the game.

10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Again, that is a series of plays. Also, it was a coaching error. I was talking about one mistake by one player.

11. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    So when you make this statement we should all be able to read your mind and know that you mean one play by one player?

That seems to be awfully small especially given the statement of "significant portion of the blame for the loss" even though it has been pointed out and conceded by you that a series of plays and a coaching error directly affected the outcome.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Actually, I wrote as much in my post, that it was the worst mistake by a Steeler. That I used the singular form mistake means it was one thing. I thought Steeler was clear enough that I was talking about a player, though I can see how some might be confused.

Many things had to go wrong for the Steelers to blow that lead against the Chargers. The worst single mistake among them was what Davis did given the combination of the stupidity of the play and the impact it had on the outcome.