1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Report: Emmanuel S. Out

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mstng1863, Nov 4, 2011.

1. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    According to the Trib, E.S. will most likely not be back to play on Sunday night which is understandable with his mom's funeral on Saturday. Normally, I think losing his speed and quickness would really hurt us but with Hines ready to go and knowing how much he wants to stick it to the Raisins plus J. C. available to play I think we will be okay.

2. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I hope he plays, and up until now I was assuming he would play, even without practice. He is extremely dangerous, and part of what makes us so great in the passing game is not just how dangerous our receivers are, but the number of dangerous receivers we have on the field at once. If our 3rd and 4th receivers are as dangerous as our 1st, then we have an awesome mismatch going against their 4th CB... Like when Anthony Madison is in single coverage on Jordy Nelson. This could hurt us as much as Harrison or Woodley, if Sanders doesn't play.

3. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The young man's mom just passed away for crying out loud. Football is probably the farthest thing from his mind right now. Take the time you need to grieve and come back when you are ready. You're in my prayers.

4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Of course it's not ideal, but I agree with Knox.

I think with Ward back, Wallace and Miller on fire, and Brown probably outplaying Sanders at the moment, with Saunders and Cotchery hopefully stepping up... we'll be ok for receivers come Sunday.

5. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    We don't need Sanders to be here this week. I think COtchery steps up and makes some big plays sunday! 2 big 3rd downs and a TD across the middle in front of eddie reed late in the 3rd qtr! write it in pen!!

6. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think we will be ok too, but no doubt Sanders will be missed. He brings something no one else that will replace him can and that is speed. Plus, from the sounds of the reports Ward isn't a sure thing, which could mean he won't be 100% even if he goes.

It hurts, but the depth is there to still have enough talent to win.

7. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You got that right! Football is the last thing he is thinking about, family should always comes first no matter what profession you are in. Your family is in my prayers as well #88! God Bless and cya back here soon

8. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    That is good he is taking time to grieve and take care of his family and just get to understand the entire process. We live another day. When he is ready he will come back and perform as usual. I see alot of good things in Emmanuel

9. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I would say wallace,brown,saunders,cotchery,miller should be enough this week and then we should have sanders back for cincy.Keep it quick and short ben and we will eat up clock and keep their defence on the field all game.Sooner or later they are gonna get tired and frustrated. :yeehaw:

10. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  11. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  12. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  13. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011