1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Renegade...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by oldschool, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Jim Breuer. He's hilarious.

[youtube:xncg63y3]PDKAekDXPcw[/youtube:xncg63y3]

And his take on Metallica...

[youtube:xncg63y3]O-Uoj7Fks4U[/youtube:xncg63y3]

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

LOL, just about sums up AC/DC and Metallica

3. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

LOL, just about sums up AC/DC and Metallica[/quote:165p4pgy]

Brewer nailed both bands so good, he made those guys embarrassed of themselves. :bowdown:

4. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Pantera Walk! should be thew song

5. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Thank you! This song has something special that makes Heinz Field go CRAZY! Trust me- I have been to a game when they played it and I have been to a game when they havent and there is a HUGE difference when it isnt played. That song isnt going anywhere! :clapping:

6. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    i have several of the games on YOUTUBE .. i play that song everyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyday.... on my iphone... i go to the sports bar 3 ro 4 tiems a week.. my tradition is.. stand at the urinal.. doing what guys do at the urinal.... and sing that song while im pissing.. every time. every piss.. its my tradition... its where i watch the games.. and just what i do ... GREATTTTTTTTTT SONG... give me chills just thinking about it and seeing 70,000 go nuts is awesomeeeeeeeeeee... KEEP THE SONG

7. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't really have an issue with using Renegade, it works pretty well, even though I hate Styx. For Whom the Bell Tolls would kick ass too. But this is coming from a guy wouldn't mind hearing Tom Araya screaming the beginning of Slayer's Angel of Death either so.....

8. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I had the same experience for the Ravens playoff game, I credit that song and the crowd bringing us back from 21 points down.

9. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    It's awesome to be at Heinz Field when they play Renegade and even when I'm driving down the road and hear it I still get pumped because I just see James Harrison punishing dudes. That being said if they are gonna pick another styx song it should definitely be Mr. Roboto. Such an epic masterpiece.

10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Styx is not a local band. I thought they were from Chicago. And I know that Tommy Shaw, which is one of the guitar players, is from Alabama.

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't know, I think maybe this falls under too much information :lolol:

12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    No Tomlin it would only be too much information if he told us what song he sang while he was pooping.

13. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Also, building on what Hack said... I gotta ask, anyone that's against it... Have you been at Heinz when they played it? You might change your mind if not.

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He probably saves AC/DC or Metallica for that.

15. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Definitely!

16. steelerdon

steelerdon Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    As a season ticketholder,I would pretty upset if they got rid of it,I have always and always will get pumped up for it.

17. Kel_In_PA

Kel_In_PA Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Isn't Back in Black the Raiders song?

18. Woodley's Woodies

Woodley's Woodies Active Member

Dec 16, 2011
    I always thought Cochise by Audioslave would be perfect. If you haven't heard it- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDMvN45sjo4

Perfect lead up with the drum roll. Tell me this wouldn't get the goosebumps going.

19. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ditto!

I was trying to think of a band that would cross many social lines and would still pump up the crowd.

The Metallica songs, Pantera or Slayer is more my thing, but would annoy too many people. I thought AC/DC was pushing it. But, hearing the (((Gong))) for Hells Bells would be fun.

Whatever...

20. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    That's a name I thought I'd never see on a non-metal message board! The thing with a song like Renegade is that it's accessible and not too offensive to people. I can just imagine the bad publicity if they ditched Renegade for something more edgy.