1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rejoice! We won't be picking Mike Adams

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by SteelByDesign, Apr 19, 2012.

1. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I don't think we were in danger of drafting him, but good to see he's less of a risk now. I agree with the 'he's a future bust' consensus.
    Here's more~ NFL.com

3. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    While everyone worries about Poe as a Combine Warrior with no film to back it up, Adams to me has always seemed like a Senior Bowl warrior. He did nothing really noteworthy during the year, other than sit for the first few games. Then he has a good Senior Bowl, and all of a sudden he's the #3 or #2 tackle in the draft. He'll be where he belongs now, at #5 or 6.
    Never liked him as a first round pick for the Steelers. And that just proves stupidity. Cripes, biggest job interview of your life, you know your going to be tested, how freaking hard is it to stay sober for 3 or 4 weeks? God bless it, Janoris Jenkins passed his.

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Another nugget on that page is that Reiff may fall into the mid/late 1st round. Apparently teams at the top of R1 are not 100% sold. I've suggested that as a possibility since his arm measurement was made public. To me, he'd be a steal at 24.

5. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I was fearful that we would draft Adams, but with this news, I would be stunned if we took him now. My top 3 has not changed since December. 1. Cordy Glenn, 2. Dontari Poe, 3. Dont'a Hightower. I just don't think #1 and #2 will be available, so bring on the 'Bama Backer!

6. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011

Agreed I like Glenn and Poe...But if both are gone I want Stanford OLine Martin...We have to help out our Oline...Hightower is a reach at 24.....Id guess he goes 35-40...Dont see him as a 1st rounder...JMHO