1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Regular Season Games - Who's goin?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by leveraged, Aug 4, 2012.

1. leveraged

leveraged Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I'm going to either the Jets or Eagles game. Driving up from NC.

What games are folks here planning on going to?

I'm originally from Pitt, but haven't tailgated at a Stiller game in a looong time.

Any advice on that front would be great, are there any good spots to congregate, hangout? I'd love to mingle w/the crowd w/my wife and son before the game to give them a taste of stiller football..in the past i've always come up by myself or w/uncle/cousins who are from the burgh. We'll likely walk over from a dahntahn hotel.

Which by the way Hotwire offers some great deals for dahntahn hotels (no affiliation, i've just used them alot and usually save 1/2 off the price).

Go Stillers! :herewego:

2. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I might be going to the Jets game. As far as tailgating...there are TONS of people and tailgating going on in the stadium lots...if you dont know someone who'll be there ahead time and setup to meet with them to tailgate...you can at least walk around there and get the feel/experience from it.

3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm definitely going to the Titans game because it's only 3 hrs away from me.

4. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Going to the redskins game. My 3rd time to Pittsburgh but first 4 the kids. Can't wait. We try to get to one a year but living in Iowa makes it a bit more difficult.

5. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Eagles, Jets, Ravens, and Redskins for sure. Kicking around a trip to Dallas. Plus a friend of mine hosts a couple of tailgate blow outs a per season and he'll invite us old neighborhood buddies to one of them. If its a game that I don't have tix, he gets them for us. He usually sets up shop in one of the Gold lots, right next to the players lot. Thats pretty cool as we watch the players funnel in and get to see who drives what.

As far as the other games, I usually don't tailgate, but rather hit one of the local bars for lunch and some beers beforehand. Finnegans Wake, Soho, or the Tilted Kilt are usually our destinations.

6. Cbus Steelers

Cbus Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Coming in with a bunch of fam for the Redskins game. Can't wait! We usually make it in for a game every year, but the last few years it's been late in the year. So it'll be awesome to be there in October when (hopefully) the weather is decent. Will make a weekend out of it and hit Strip District, Primanti's, Bettis's place...gonna be awesome!!

7. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I am going to the last regular season game against the Browns on December 30.

8. SteelerLady

SteelerLady Active Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Trying to find some affordable tickets to the Jets game. Never been to a home game before!! Hoping we can get there this year!!

9. GOAT

GOAT Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am going to the jets game then to ny for the giants game and cincey game in dec. live in niagara falls canada cant wate all are tickes just came in

10. SteelDomination

SteelDomination Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Ravens Sunday Night Football!!!! Been to many games but somehow never a Ravens tilt. Gonna be a brawl. I can't wait!

11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Coming in for the Jets game!

12. ravenhater

ravenhater Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wife and I going to Bengal game 12/23. Hopefully game means something/they win/weather is good. Not sure where to park. This will be my second time. Both against the Bengals. Saw them in 2007 on a Sunday night. Maybe this one is for the division and gets flexed to Sunday night? I had a hotel room that night with a shuttle. This time it is for a day trip so got to figure out where to park so can get in there and out without any trouble. Anyone know much about driving to Station Square and parking there and then taking the boat over? Seems cool/not the expensive from what I have seen on the web. Not sure of the official prices though for parking there and for the boat shuttle over? Anyone know?

I had Redskin tickets through the ticketmaster open house that one Saturday morning a couple of months ago. First time I ever got through. I screwed up though and went looking for a better deal and I saved them as a draft in my shopping cart not knowing that even though I saved them there they would be released. By the time I realized I coudn't fine anything better I went to check them out and they were gone. Was so pissed. Then is couldn't find anything else. Everything was gone. Was so mad at myself. A couple of days later I was messing around on ticketmaster site and looking at all the games and the individual seats left. I was resigned to the fact that I wasn't going to be able to go since the ones on Ebay and so forth are too expensive. I was looking at the single seats left for the Bengal game and I found two together. Same section. Same row. They are just seat #5 and seat #7. I snatched them up. Worse case scenario there will be some stranger between my wife and I (LOL). Hopefully the seat is empty or someone with some seats around there messed up and bought that one by mistake or something. Figure we will just ask if one of us can switch seats withthem so my wife and I can sit next to each other.

13. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Not sure it's in my budget this year. :(

I promised my wife a "second honeymoon" for our 20th anniversary this year (rapidly approaching). So most of my fun money is going to that.

Wish I'd had the foresight to get married in, say, October instead of August. :doh:

But if we host a playoff game, I might have to beg my wife, er, I mean, find the money to go. hehe

14. C ZACK

C ZACK Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I'll be there too. Bought two tickets last Friday for me and the girlfriend. Coming in from Detroit. Section 102, Row B. We will also be going to the Penguins game Friday night of the same weekend against Winnipeg. Can't wait!

15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    DUDE! There's always divorce! I KEEEED!!! I KEEEED!!! Congrats on 20 years though. That's very good this day and age. I just can't believe that she doesn't consider a Sunday at Heinz a really romantic occasion.

16. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    No regular season for me this year because my daughter's want to go to Pens game (will be our first) but we are going to the last preseason game vs. the Panthers (35.00 for tix so if its a crappy game we can leave and not be out a ton of money). Will be odd not to go to a game though as I try to go every year....

17. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I got tickets to the Chiefs MNF game. I think the Chiefs are a sleeper team this year, so should be good.

18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

nov. here ray. we went to the SD game and watched my old HS teamate timmy spencer run all over us on our honeymoon. like to froze to death. what a women , it will be 23 years. i think :think: :cool:

19. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    This made me think I am glad my wedding date is in May! But then I remembered I have a wedding to pay for so no steeler games for me this year :( .

20. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Oh, she loves going to Steeler games. I had long ago converted her to being a Steeler fan. But she didn't really care to see a game live. She'd always politely decline and suggest I take a friend.

I finally go her to go see a game with me for the Divisional playoff game against the NYJs in 2004. She was... in awe. She wasn't prepared for the energy of the crowd and intensity. Forget that it was cold as hell, she had a blast. And... she couldn't wait to get home. ;)

So yeah, going to a game is a good trip for her. Just not the right time of year to coincide with our anniversary.

21. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Oh, she loves going to Steeler games. I had long ago converted her to being a Steeler fan. But she didn't really care to see a game live. She'd always politely decline and suggest I take a friend.

I finally go her to go see a game with me for the Divisional playoff game against the NYJs in 2004. She was... in awe. She wasn't prepared for the energy of the crowd and intensity. Forget that it was cold as hell, she had a blast. And... she couldn't wait to get home. ;)

So yeah, going to a game is a good trip for her. Just not the right time of year to coincide with our anniversary.[/quote:3tf92d5t]
    TMI dude...TMI... lol.

22. ligno

ligno Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I am planning a trip from Az with a couple buddies for the Washington game but having problems finding affordable tickets. They have never been to a real football game. They have seen the Cardinals but that doesnt count. It will be my third time but it has been 11 years.

23. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Ive got hotel rooms for the jets and redskins weekend now just need some tickets

24. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I live in Kansas city. I am going to my first ever game in the burgh to see the eagles game! Can't wait! Have my airfare and hotel booked. Anyone know the hotel that steelers stay in the night before the game?

Cheers!!!

25. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Wife, kids and I try to go to at least 2 games every year (for the past 35 years). Driving down from Jefferson County. Got tix for the Panthers pre-season game & the Chargers December 9th-- this will prob be my last game. My vision isn't what it used to be, I can't see at night. It's getting too dangerous.