1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Redman says it best

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PWP, Jan 10, 2012.

1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We have to much talent on offense to be settling for the production we have been lately.....He also kept repeating himself about knowing he can run,,but he needs the coaches to believe in him......He also rolled his eyes at the BA returning Question......

Red is for real and if BA returns I hope he gets traded .....Redman is a true find and as big a Steelers fan as I am I love the game more.....BA has held him and this O back long enough ,,,,so if the BA way is to continue please let Red go.....

2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    BA has held Mendy back and is also holding Redman back. It's a shame. Mendy could be one of the top RB's in the league, and Redman could be an absolute monster too, although I don't know if he has the vision to be a top guy, but he is damn good. Dwyer is good too, but even if he ever started, BA would hold him back too. BA is bad enough, but throw in a guy like Ben who wants to do nothing but throw long bombs, and that's a disaster for the running game.

3. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    You realize that Red is on this team because of Arians? "Todd McNair, who had previously played for Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians, sent Arians some game tape of Redman, and he ended up being invited to training camp." Kind of ironic the guy you love to hate is responsible for the guy you love the most being with the Steelers.

In any event, I doubt Redman will hold up as a full time starter with his running style. No RB can take the kind of pounding he takes for 15 to 20 carries a game and last the season.

4. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    I highly doubt that Redman would roll his eyes in sarcasm.

I like Redman and he should be our featured back next year. Get rid of Mendy..

5. bigplaywillygay

bigplaywillygay Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    If they resign Arians I am really considering just boycotting the season. I literally can't take another season with him

6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Wrong. Redman got an invite to camp three years ago because of Arians. That's it just like 30 other guys who didn't make it. He got himself on the team by working hard and doing whatever was asked of him. You can credit Arians with getting a look by Tomlin and the FO but everything else was all gotten by hard work.

7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  8. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I said this when Mendy got hurt and everyone was so excited to see Redman. I like Redman also but I know he'll be beat up by mid-season running like that.

9. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Redman is right. Not enough production. However, not much will change until the O-Line issues are addressed and Ben starts hitting the open receivers instead of looking for the deeper passes. Ben needs to wait for the game to come to him instead of forcing it.