1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Records of opponents this season.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rowland, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    We still...to this day...revere the great C. Noll.
    The Emperor - badass
    The Chin - badass
    Popcorn - too early needs to jell with time

2. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    *Obviously... I'm not a Tomlin fan but...

He's not going anywhere! Like some fans here, No.1 is Big Ben " excuse " ...Yep excuse...Other teams ( Tannehill ) made the playoffs...And Tannehill was supposedly hot garbage

Unfortunately this charade will continue...* Woo Hoo Big Ben is coming back, 38 years old,and coming off major throwing arm surgery...****ty line, RB's, and young WR's...No 1st rounder, and no cap room...

Nothing to see here, All is well

• Like Like x 1
  3. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    "THE BLESSING"

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Heater6

Heater6 New Member

Dec 20, 2019
    My opinion is that FITCHNER was more responsible than Tomlin for the last 3 losses. Knowing what was at stake & knowing what he had to work with, he showed no ingenuity at all. ZERO. Same old plays which never went anywhere. I suffered through those 3 games knowing nothing was going to change. If FITCHNER returns, I will certainly blame TOMLIN who then should be fired along with FITCHNER.

5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    All good my man no problem, this is what we are here for to bounce things off each other and if we don't agree no big deal we are bonded by a common love and that is our Steelers. :smiley1:

6. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    You're right that Fuchtnuts was a waste of space at his position, but Tomlin is ultimately responsible for how each unit performs. Poor coaching of the offense falls on Fuchtnuts, but allowing poor coaching of the offense falls on Tomlin.

You're only as strong as your weakest link. Cliche, but true. That's why Tomlin could never even dream of COTY. He allows bad coaching all around him and the team suffers as a result.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    We usually lose down the stretch. I'm not sure it's the players collapsing, getting tired, giving up, what ever... it's the fact that by week 12 the book has been written on Tomlin. Opponents out coach us down the stretch because Tomlin is not a good coach. Our game plans are easily beaten and opponents know how we react to just about everything. I can back this up by the fact that we have consistently lost to teams with less talent late in the season and in the playoffs going back to the season Tim Tebow's bronco's upset us. Usually when we won it was due to heroics from Ben, Brown, and Bell. Look what Belicheat does to us every season. They are not so much more talented then us that we can't even compete. Tomlin could be the worst game day coach in football. We never win because of coaching, game plans, or outsmarting an opponent. The last time I recall us winning because of coaching was the year we beat Seattle in the SB.

Now is the perfect time to bring in a new coaching staff and overhaul the team. We need to rebuild the offense and ST's. We've got some talent on defense to build around. It's sad that it won't happen now to give Ben one last shot at a SB. We have no chance at post season success with Tomlin. I think the last 7-8 years kinda proves that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    12 years is too early to tell?

9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    One thing I will disagree is Tannehill was damn good down the stretch.

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers since 2013 have one of the best records in December :shrug:

11. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Yes he was... That's why I said " supposedly "...I agree, He was really good...Sorry if you misunderstood

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  12. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    So now the question could be asked, why all of a sudden? He was written off as a bum. Foles went on a tear and won a SB. Lamar Jackson went from laughing stock around here to league MVP talk. My answer would be coaching, development and putting players in a position to succeed. The realistic fear for this team has to be the lack of confidence in this current coaching staff to do those things. We had a top offense for years but couldn’t do enough to scrounge up a respectable enough defense to be a legitimate SB threat. Now 8-10 1st rounders later and our D has improved to championship level ( for 1 year with Minkah). The hope is to be able to maintain that level for a few years.
    Problem is are we going to have to wait for our O to retool now?

I’ve said for a while obviously MT isn’t going anywhere for probably at least 2 years but Butler needs to go or are we gonna re up his contract and then be stuck in the same boat with his contract after figuring out he still can’t coach. Does anyone have supreme confidence that were something to happen to Minkah, Butler would be able to keep this D playing at this level?
    Anyone have confidence Fichtner is the guy to develop and scheme a offense without Ben? Many have alluded to the nightmare scenario where Ben can’t go and all we’re left with is inadequate scheming and play calling that lead us back to another year wasted and excuses. I feel the time is now to bring in a OC who you feel is part of the future. Someone who can teach and develop MR and or whatever future young QBs that are going to be the team’s future.

To me the coordinators reflect on the HC and MT needs to step up and do something about it or he deserves the blame with no excuses should next year follow the doomsday scenario that’s very possible....

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    and how many playoff victories do we have?

One I can think of last 7 years. vs Cinci when Vonte went crazy and gave us the win in the last minute of the game that they had sealed.

14. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    That's because our opponents are resting their starters. ;)

15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Don't try to change your argument now, you were talking about the regular season and you were wrong :shrug:.

16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    BS

17. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Benny Snell?

18. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    My argument is we **** the bed at the end of most seasons. I was not just talking regular season. We get out coached by above avg teams with regularity come Dec/Jan.

Would love to see the oppositions win/loss record in Dec the last 7 years. Where do you get that we are among the best in Dec the last 7 years? I'd like to see the facts to support that. Seems odd that we can't win a playoff game in round 1 usually against WC teams that we should beat.

19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    It was on twitter

20. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Your entire first paragraph seems to point to talent more than coaching. The very fact that the 8-10 first rounders are enough to overcome Butler, who you have no confidence in says it.

As for the QBs, Tannehill was considered a bum, but he was the 8th pick in the draft so clearly he had some innate talent. I'm not sure how much coaching and development took place since this is his only year there, but certainly he was playing amongst better overall talent than with the Dolphins. Foles would be the opposite. He went from a SB championship team to the Jags. Not that it matters he got hurt in the first game. It's impossible, imo, to make any judgements about his season. As for Jackson, the guy was 6-1 last year as a starter, so I'm not sure how he was a laughingstock.

21. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It doesn’t seem to me it points to talent. It seems to me it points to coaches building systems around players and putting them in a position to succeed. You shouldn’t need 10 first rounders to field a competent defense and that’s what it took to make Butler look good. Many of the other statements aren’t my own just a lot of what I heard many people saying about guys like a Tannehill and Jackson. Nobody here would of been excited to get Tannehill he was widely considered a bust. Lots of people especially around here mocked LJ and his accuracy and said he would be figured out and he can’t throw the ball. Again not my opinions. As for Foles...yeah he got hurt came back ,was awful and got benched. He hadn’t done anything before Doug Petersen and hasn’t done anything since, so far. So yeah I would say it’s coaching for all 3 and stand by the fact I have no confidence in this coaching staff to build and develop lesser talented players and put them in a position to have a higher chance of success. I say it all the time when your coordinators wouldn’t have a job after leaving there current job, you need better coordinators.

• Agree Agree x 1