1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Realistic 2022 QB Options

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersfan35, Jan 4, 2022.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I hope he gets his act together, but the Houston PD has talked to at least 10 women who have accused him of acts ranging from unwanted touching to sexual assault. He’s got all the talent in the world but he’s damaged goods. No thanks.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Unwanted touching would be sexual assault and he hasn’t been accused of sexual assault by 10 women. 2 women did.

I’m curious why you didn’t feel that way about Ben who had 2 rape accusations levied at him?

Don’t fret, Jack, he’s not going to be in black and gold but I’d take him in a second on this team if the investigation proves the sexual assault accusations to be without merit.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  4. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Look, people may not like this, the Rooney’s obviously stuck behind Ben after his Stooopid non helmet motorcycle ride (he had to wear one at work, did he not think there was anything in there to protect?!?!) and then the two brush ups with woman we’ve all had to answer for over the years in sports bars with opposing fans. If it’s good for business the Rooney’s will once again swallow this mystique everyone places on their morals and ethics.

Remember, they signed Mike Vick when they were desperate and needed
    the player at the position. I read in this group a lot fans saying a lot nonsense that they surely didn’t stand behind after a while. They are still Steelers fans no doubt.

Watson’s allegations are arguably as bad as Ben’s and debatable vs. Vicks depending on personal beliefs.

But Watson’s playing future if he rights the ship is pretty huge. It works more for the buyer than the seller IMO. The price for him will no doubt be steep, but I don’t think too steep. If the guy straightens out and keeps things normal the future is very bright for whatever ball club he lands with.

How many first round picks would people give to have Ben of 12 years ago? Watson can possibly be as great as Ben.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    maybe we take a shot on carson strong from nevada. not much of a runner but an nfl arm. he's sort of the odd man out in the draft. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. SteelersGermany

SteelersGermany Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    No one should do it. Its insane like the trend of prices for renting houses. They should be lucky to get a mid-round pick

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. SteelersGermany

SteelersGermany Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    First part i agree. I doesnt care about the money for a top tier vet QB. But any high draft picks would hurts to much.

Im divided on the second part. I think a great vet QB can handle a bad OL and makes u competitive. Also great players always make other player around them better. For sure, our OL is definitely our biggest issue. But we've a full offseason to work on it. In Draft, FA and camp.

3rd part. Big big no. Please no more Mason Rudolph. Especially not as a starter. I've seen enough. He will hurt us huge

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    right now we are at 17. :cool:

9. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    i would rather start with a clean slate at QB. i do not want to steelers to bring in a drama filled controversial QB. not to mention, we'd have to mortgage a good bit of draft capital to even acquire watson, which we can't afford to do with the amount of glaring weaknesses on this team. if the QB isn't there for us in the draft this year, don't reach, wait for next year.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I hear that fanbases and front offices might be turning on Derek Carr and Daniel Jones, I wonder if they can be pulled away from their teams?

11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Much of the talk about Carr was before the season, and that was mostly because Gruden didn't seem to have much faith in him. Of course, Gruden is no longer a factor.

Jones is a different story. Giants' General Manager Dave Gettleman gushed about Jones when he drafted the guy and still seems to believe in him, but the rumor is that Gettleman will be out after the season. Jones showed promise as a rookie, but he hasn't improved much since then. He just doesn't produce enough and he doesn't take care of the ball well. He can probably be had, but I wouldn't offer much because he is a middling stopgap at best.

12. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ben seems to be stating Mason has a legitimate chance and now going into a season where the incumbent veteran is not in front of him may be a big boost to Mason. Ben says Mason is smart and works hard. I hope Mason steps up and shows why he was drafted. I know this will spark a major debate. Hey, there were Aaron Rodgers haters while he sat behind Favre. After he became the starter, many didn't think he was the one. Now he is the GOAT in Green Bay.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    I'm biased but I think Kansas State's Skylar Thomas would be a great project QB.

6th year guy because of COVID and injuries, but really shows how desperately the NFL needs a legit farm league to develop guys who just need a little more time.

14. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Not the same situation though. Ben had already won a championship before his accident and he was under contract. Same with the Georgia incidents. Vick was a cheap signing with no draft capital given up. The Rooney's are not knowingly going to pursue a player whose legal troubles could come back to bite them. Especially when you have to give up draft picks just to enter that risk.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    We've had enough project players on this team, please no more.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    But can the Rooney's handle another head case? He's in the situation that he's in for a reason. JMO>

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    To me, Sunshine looks like another Haskins 1st rd bust based on his NFL performance to date. That could change of course since he is not in the most optimum of situations, but as of right now, he is terrible. It has happened to other 1st rd picks, they're not guaranteed to be good.

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Headcase? The guy is one of the most active players in the NFL in helping his community. He’s never so much as had a whiff of off field trouble before this.

The guy likes sex you guys. I’ve never done the whole massage/sexual favors on the side thing, not my bag but a lot of people do it.

The sexual assault accusations is a different matter, obviously if that turns out true, all this is moot.

I’m sure Tomlin would love to have him through.

19. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Seems some want a quick fix and will reach for just about anyone these days. I've heard some wanting Paxton, Watson, Rodgers, Wilson, Haskins, Dalton, Ryan, Lawrence, Joe and Angie, etc etc and all within a few months. I have no clue what we'll do or when, but guarantee I'll know when it happens. JMO>

• Like Like x 1
  20. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Carr is well regarded in LV but if Wilson / Rodgers becomes available I’d expect them to be in the bidding as they try to raise the profile of the team in their new city by getting a big name QB. I think it’s plausible that Carr becomes available that way. He is a very good player that would be a huge improvement for many teams, including the Steelers

Jones would be an interesting redemption project and he is better than Mason, but he has been a disaster at times in New York and we’d probably see the same inconsistency in Pittsburgh if he were to land with the Steelers. I certainly wouldn’t be trading anything meaningful for him.

Mitchell Trubisky is another intriguing long shot option as well, he would be cheap and wouldn’t require a trade. Again, huge issues with consistency but he was productive at times in Chicago

21. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    I go by the saying, 'if there's smoke, there's fire' and based my post from that. Just like Cheats owner Kraft. Yeah, he is innocent. Like you, if Watson is found completely innocent, all I've said is likewise moot. Time will tell. JMO>

22. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Could be hard to get out of prison and get to the games. Asl Vick.

23. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Was that before his issues came up or even now? Just wondering.

24. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I was talking specifically about Watson on the field of play, the poster I was responding too didn’t think he was anything special. From what I have seen of him he is absolutely exceptional as a player.

I get the seriousness of the legal issues he is facing and I wouldn’t even consider a trade unless that was all resolved and he was free to play.

25. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Confusing. If their respective organizations and fans are turning on them, why would we want them?

• Winner Winner x 1