1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Real options for Bryant situation

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by WWW, Oct 24, 2017.

1. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Well let’s just hope they find a way to win Sunday and work things out going forward.

2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Me Me Me Child Bryant got what he deserved. Coach Tomlin put him in the corner with a dunce cap on. Here are some riveting words from the petulant child:

“I'm not playing Sunday, which is fine,” Bryant said Wednesday afternoon. “I'm not trippin'. It is what it is.” Trippin? Your being benched because your an idiot. An ungrateful one at that.

“If I'm not traded, I'm going to work my butt off here and whatever happens, happens,” he said. “You're not going to hear me complaining no more. I'm just going to be quiet and let everything fall into place.” Maybe work on catching the ball.

“I worked hard to get back,” he said. “Nobody gave me nothing. Nobody helped me get back. I made myself get back. I went through those times by myself. As far as me coming back and expecting I was going to have everything my way, no, I didn't expect that. But at the same time nobody helped me get back, nobody thought I was coming back. I did it on my own without anybody helping me.” No one helped? ME ME ME. How about those who helped you stay clean and clear your path back? The last I checked is that when a player is suspended the team cannot have any contact with said player.

I hope this kid gets his head out of his @ss but at this point I just don't see it. I hope JuJu lights it up this week. Enough is enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I've always thought this myself and would get irritated with announcers about the "forcing" of throws.
    • He threaded that needle and put the ball where only his receiver could catch it.
    • QB forces the ball in that exact same situation and it gets knocked down, the CB made a great play.
    • QB forces ball and it is intercepted.., that was a poorly thrown ball and he should know better than to force that into double or triple coverage.
    Of course there is always that concept of "the QB needs to just put the ball out there and trust that his receiver is going to fight for it." Then it is always the question of whose fault on that interception.

4. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Can't argue with any of that. I'm just stuck on the character issue. When someone displays a lack of character and destructive behavior repeatedly, then I don't know how you get past that.

Something strikes me as peculiar in all this drama, though. On more than one occasion, Ben stated that he had no idea of MB's frustration or unhappiness on the field or sideline. Is MB's frustration coming more from an outside source AFTER he gets away from the team? Is he possibly letting someone else influence him? That would explain Ben's comments AND the strange disconnect between MB around the team and the MB away from it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    No way, I didn't take it that way at all. I think we all suffer from depression to some degree in our lives for various reasons. Maybe not clinically diagnosed, but when one understands the many ways it manifests itself, one can draw parallels.

Anyway, I hope maybe the one game break will motivate Bryant to want to help the Steelers win a championship.

• Like Like x 1
  6. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    I like that he is on the prep squad now and if he keeps running his mouth I think they let the players handle it in house and have someone knock him out

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    That wouldn’t be at all surprising. He leaves the game feeling good about he win, or at least feeling OK, and then someone says “damn, they’re not giving you a chance to be great. They’re just using you as a blocker and decoy for Bell and Brown. You’ve got to get yours to get paid.”

Oh yeah, I could see an outside influence being part of the equation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think Bryant's agent is playing a role in all this, they're too worried about that next big contract which won't happen until 2019.

9. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I think your right on how the rest of the season goes. If he fixes things then maybe he stays but I just don't see the Steelers organization keep him around. When it comes to the WR position the Steelers have shown they are not afraid to let one go.

I agree a player in their contract year are hungry and will play for that money. These are great players to have around as production is heavy on their minds.

10. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The Steelers have him for a minimum of 25 more games. I would keep him for that year and a half he has left. If he becomes who he wants to become...the Steelers will offer him the money...if he doesnt...then he is more than welcome to take his average play to another team.

Myself I think he comes around...and becomes a force again...then he becomes happy....and everyone lives happily ever after.

HACK

11. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Then his agent is a bigger idiot than he is. If the agent is advising a guy whos one suspension away from being out of the NFL forever, to have temper tantrums, call in sick, and bad mouth teammates --- while having a disappointing year-- as a strategy for getting the next big contract, he's a moron of epic proportions.

This is on Bryant. He thinks he's a superstar, he's probably been told he's been one all his life. All the people around tell him so everyday. He's such a superstar, that he's annoyed that he has to prove it, surely it's self-evident. If you don't throw him the ball, it's not because he'd drops it, takes off routes, or falls down at the slightest touch. It's not because Juju is working harder, it's because the team or the world is against him. You see, THEY don't realize, what a great superstar WR he self-evidently is.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    One option would be is to draft his cousin after next season......maybe he will throw him the ball.