1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Real options for Bryant situation

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by WWW, Oct 24, 2017.

1. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016

People get franchised all the time not being top 3 in there position and by the way I did not mean it literally I meant it to threaten him.

If he is playing in the superbowl and still is our number 2 receiver he absolutely has chance to be MVP. Remember that dude who went off on denver in playoffs 2 years ago and could not be stopped. Tuissant fumble, remember?

And you pick up a stud receiver by using draft picks. Hello are you really that clueless? You do what ever it takes to win sbl this year. Ben is just about done...........

What ever your snorting must be some really good stuff.............

2. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016

He use to, remember?> I think he dropped 3 out of 4 and that was it for him.......................lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Its been a whole 7 games after missing a year of football.

I dont care about the over blown drama. Its like the idea of complaining about not getting the football is completely foreign to some fans.

And you have no idea how the players feel about this, from what I read, doesnt bother them much at all.

AB just had a full on meltdown on the sidelines and showed up his QB but thats ok because he produces. Well, throw Bryant the effing ball and he'll produce. Already proved he can. Of course, a lot of that will depend on Ben being able to throw a deep ball accurately.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    He does get thrown the ball, he just drops it or goes down at first contact. He's whining when he's the one not getting open, not making the catches, and not fighting for YAC when he does actually catch it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :bscow:

6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Just give him some more targets and not just bombs....some people act like he drops everything. He's been out of football a year...it takes time to get everything back....catching, route running and timing as well. I don't know if the coaching staff or he himself would be open to returning kicks but anything to get him involved and back to what it feels like to play football. At least give him some opportunities especially in the RZ where we couldn't be any worse then we are....
    Anyone who has ever played competitive team sports should know what it feels like when you're not a part of something....even if he went about it in the most immature way possible....it's sheer frustration nothing more nothing less and nothing a couple TDs won't take care of....

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Id want a player for player trade... someone who could help us this year.

8. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    He's been good in the run game. By all accounts he's been practicing well. He's doing all the stuff you can do that is based on "want to" so the effort is there. He just can't connect on the long ball like he has in the past.

Ben's not exactly lighting it up with the long ball for the last 16-18 games, but I think Bryant is also a little slower.

Unless he starts having some success as a deep threat and if he really suffers from Depression I'm afraid we will be hearing a lot of stuff like this for the next two seasons.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  9. GOAT

GOAT Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Sit him now and keep him for insurance

10. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I think it is amazing that he acknowledges he is in the situation due to his own screwups, realizes he had a good thing going before the screwups, and yet is somehow mad at the team that stuck with him through the screwups, and chooses to air his disgruntlement with the media and the world at large before bringing it up with the coaches or team. Seriously. What a douche bag. I'd still keep him though because he is big and fast and we aren't going to get good value for him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Just throw him the ball.Ben, practice with these playmakers and I guarantee that we will score 35 pts a game

12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Not too much the Front Office can do; the fans' frustrations to the Public Relations department no less.

I understand that clinical depression is no sure simplistic fix. I also understand though that these situations need to be treated with caution and only more dissipation will lead to more consequences in the future.

What I want to understand with more clarity is what on earth is going on with Big Ben's deep ball? What happened? Is this truly his last season?

Too many unanswered questions my writing friend to draw conclusions. I need more concrete information before I say "forget Martavis" all together.

Calling out a teammate indirectly and venting about lack of productivity is one varible I do not worry abour considering such actions can and will be dealt with internally.

Big Ben's inability to throw the deep ball? That is something that needs answered for me first before I get to Martavis.

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I was taking it from an article that may have been abbreviated?

14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m thinking some of you have better “stuff” than I ever did.

15. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    There's really only one option for MB. Use him as best you can and enjoy the 2019 comp pick when he's gone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I will say this if and I am saying IF the Steelers are considering a trade, wouldn't the Giants make a great match? They need WR's and MB is signed thru next year right? The NYG are looking to be a top 10 maybe 5 pick, heck I would take a 3rd in a heartbeat and if we could get a 2nd oh man! Anyways that is all depending on what the front office is thinking but I have a feeling MB will not be going anywhere and this will all blow over.

17. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Tomlin said today that they have too much invested in Martavis and are not listening to trade offers. MT was going to talk to him personally this week.

I really thought he was going to come back this season and tear it up. I just hope there's a come to Jesus meeting and they get everything squared away with the attitude. He really does make the offense better when he can produce.

as to the Giants idea, I'd love for them to trade him for Sterling Shephard. Won't happen now, with what MT said today, but fun for me to think about.

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I wouldn’t want to be Bryant after the mood Tomlin was in today. If you think tomlin is just a cheerleader or players coach, it was pretty clear Bryant’s ass was grass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Tomlin was upset at Bryant for dragging JuJu name into this drama, he could be inactive for the Lions game or get fined.

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Boy gonna be ***** slapped good

21. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I would be shocked if they can get a 5th for him. Another toke and he’s gone. The best thing he can do is shut his mouth and play for a big payday in 2019. It’s up to him make millions or be blurb about wasted talent in sports illustrated 15 years from now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Yeah, that's about as upset with a player as I've seen Tomlin. It's about time.

This guy, and I refuse to call him a kid because he'll be 26 in a couple of months, needs to man up. You want the ball? Then get open. You want respect? Then earn it. He says no one helped him last year!? What??? What is anyone from the Steelers organization suppose to do to help him while he is serving a one year suspension for smoking weed? Hide his dime bag? Sell his bongs? If he has been legitimately diagnosed with clinical depression, then get professional help. I'm not trying to make light of a serious problem, but maybe he needs to get his **** squared away before he bitches and moans like a punk on social media about not being a big enough part of the offensive game plan. Why should Rothlisberger show trust and confidence in your game? Where were you when he, along with the rest of the team, could've have used you last year in the regular season and beyond? Wouldn't any reasonable person consider getting busted for a second time with an illegal substance in his system be considered selfish?

Rant aside, I would set his ass down and fine him this week, and make it clear why it's being done.

23. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Not the Steelers way, but thanks for playing.

24. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The idea of franchising Bryant needs to be dismissed as pure foolishness. That is one of the few things they could do that are worse than cutting him for nothing right now. Trading doesn't make sense, either. His value is shot.

Somebody else mentioned making him inactive this week and challenging him to prove he deserves the ball. That seems like the best approach to me, though I'm guessing he will be active if Smith-Schuster can't go.

25. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Apparently his girlfriend told him that JuJu was making other arrangements to get to the stadium after he stole the bike so he hit him over the head and gave him a concussion so he was guaranteed JuJu's snaps.

"I gots ta get mines, fool"

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1