1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

ravens

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by pepe95, Dec 21, 2011.

1. pepe95

pepe95 Member

Nov 26, 2011
    The Ravens gave away control of a possible bye in the AFC Sunday night, then the Steelers gave it right back Monday night.

Baltimore’s players didn’t bother to hide their glee at the second development, which we admire. Ray Rice didn’t go to sleep Monday until Ben Roethlisberger threw his final interception.

“It changed the mood of the team today,” running back Ray Rice said via the Baltimore Sun. “Coming in here, guys are happy. I’m not saying we’re never a happy bunch.”

They weren’t happy after getting destroyed in San Diego. The loss to the Chargers made us wonder how fit the Ravens are to play on the road in the playoffs, especially against dynamic passing attacks. Now the Ravens just have to beat the Browns and Bengals to get the No. 2 seed.

John Harbaugh also enjoyed watching his brother beat down Pittsburgh.

“[Harbaugh] was coming in and saying, ‘Hey, did you see that game last night? Who won? Who won?’ We were like, ‘OK, we all know who won the game. We know you’re way more excited now than you were two days ago,’” Joe Flacco said. “He didn’t know where to go with it once I told him I didn’t watch the game. He was a little confused but you could definitely tell that he was excited.”

Haloti Ngata said the team has “newfound energy.” Harbaugh said the Ravens “control a lot.”

They just better make sure not to lose control on the road once again in Week 17

2. pepe95

pepe95 Member

Nov 26, 2011
    They're more worried about us than themselves,,funny ,,
    now they've won 3 sbs in one season,REALLY PATHETIC
    HATE THOSE RAVENS

3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    can't really blame them I don't guess....when they lost to the chargers they lost much more than a game.....and then when we lost we gave most of it all back to them.....I doubt that they still beat us though come round #3

4. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I am so glad that at least publicly our team has the "take care of our own business each week and let the rest worry about themselves" attitude. Harbaugh is a clown. How does a head coach in the NFL show up, after his team got their a** handed to them on Sunday, and gloat over a loss of his division rival. The Ravens are still more concerned about the Steelers record than their own. They have designed their team exclusively to beat the Steelers. Not every good team in the NFL is similar the the Steelers. That is why I don't see them getting very far in the playoffs.

On the other hand Tomlin and company are always trying to focus on the next game on their schedule and are always a threat to beat any team, any week. I believe that is the reason that Ben played against SF and will probably start every game that he can physically get on the field. I know that decision is not very popular right now, but it is a consistent winning philosophy. Let the Ravens base their mood on the Steelers success or failure, they will be in a bad mood more than not.

5. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I can tell you (from living in the Raisin area) the thing that scares the Baltimore Cryin' Hairball and their loser fans more than anything is that we can lost to the brothers three times in the regular season, but they are still terrified that we will beat them just once in the playoffs and knock them out. No one else but them scares but us, and it really bothers all Raisins fans. I can tell you that is what I hear all of the time...

6. domaug

domaug Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    man, those reactions make me happy i'm a Steelers fan. what kind of joke of a coach cares more about a rival's performance than that of his OWN TEAM?

what a bunch of babies the Harbaughs are. at least the Steelers don't fear the Ravens as much as they fear them.

7. mstng1863

Oct 17, 2011
    That is because every year we are their Super Bowls. If you ever go to a game here in Baltimore (any game), their fans are so rude and disrespectful to us because they are so tired of us eliminating them from the playoffs every time that they face us. I also find it funny that both Hairballs never can eliminate that they are beaten by their opponents. It is always the refs, or the beater team did not win, or a break here or there goes our way and we win. That is why I love being a Steelers fan. Tomlin does not use anything but our play (or lack there of) to describe a loss. I love that he puts it on us and I really try hard to do the same.

8. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Tomlin should be ashamed of himself. Team looked a mess

9. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Can't blame them one bit. I watched and loved every minute of the Rats-Bolts game.

10. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    The Ravens are not ready. They're entire offense is based around Ray Rice. Captain Checkdown is a game manager.

If the Steelers meet them, in the playoffs, with focus and discipline... with heart and grit... they will send them back to Baltimore to watch the Superbowl, where they belong.

11. steelerzfannforever

steelerzfannforever Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I understand them loving the fact that we lost because we were all loving the beatdown the took in San Diego! However, John Hairball is just one of those people that you love to hate just based on how he looks. The guy is an arrogant prick, and I would love to just kick him in his teeth!! I absolutely loathe that guy!!!

12. CalifBlack&Gold

CalifBlack&Gold Member

Dec 6, 2011
    I guarantee you that neither "Hairball" makes it to the Super Bowl. Mark this down

13. CaBurghfan

CaBurghfan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    What were they supposed to do, root FOR the Steelers? :lolol:

14. mstng1863

Oct 17, 2011

Yeah, if they want to see a team with class. :hehehe: