1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ravens stole our pick

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Real steel, May 1, 2015.

1. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Nice job tomlin
    terrible draft

2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    With only one pick so far???????

3. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    tell the truth? you really hate the steelers

4. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm happy with a CB in this round, d needs more help than O. Hope the Rats lost something to get him.

5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    they had a ton of picks. So they had some to burn. But a lot are un-tradeable comp picks. They have done a nice job so far, as have we imo.

6. Hi5Steeler

Hi5Steeler Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015

You wanted a TE in round 2?????

You do realize we have the #1 offense in the NFL and about the 20th defense with 3 starters retiring on D right......

7. steelerdavidismyname

steelerdavidismyname Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015

They obviously did. And lets face it...the Steelers were NOT ready. They got caught with their pants down and Colbert PANICKED and selected Golson a round too early. Golson would make a decent 3rd rounder. But as a 2nd rounder, he is a reach. I HOPE he works out. But is not....it's Ricardo Colclough all over again.

8. thekingofohio7777

thekingofohio7777 Active Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Golson was a bit of a reach, obviously. P.J. Williams would've been nice in round 2, and Golson would be good in round 3

9. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    lmbo. not ready? you are joking right?

10. Hi5Steeler

Hi5Steeler Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015

You dont make any sense. Why did the Steelers panic? How did they get caught with their pants down?You are just talking out the side of your neck. No offense but the steelers have been preparing for four months for this. A crew of likely 50 or so steeler coaches and assistants.

We are not the browns. Steelers dont panic. They had likely more than a handfull of prospects at that spot in the second round. All the talk of ratbirds stealing our pick.... a TE really? .... is just hogwash.

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Didn't know that Tomlin makes the picks?

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The Steelers were not ready? Come on, you can't really believe that?

13. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Only Golson's performance was measured against strong SEC competition. Colcough played at Tusculum.

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    This is silly... Just because you don't agree with their draft board doesn't mean they were unprepared and panicked. Get a grip.

15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    So let me get this straight they had their choice of affordable young veteran TE's in free agency including Cameron and Housler and everyone said the Steeler were set at the position Now everyone is upset because the Ravens traded to get one pick above the Steelers and took a TE that will be a rookie making rookie mistakes and was rumored to be the Steelers pick at 56. How did we go from being set at the position to being up set that the Ravens moved up to take something we could have gotten in FA. What am I missing here? Is it just because it was the Ravens making a move and the Steelers didn't or is it because people hate the actual pick when it was rumored that they were taking someone that wasn't on everyone's mock drafts to begin with?

16. Supersteler

Supersteler New Member

May 2, 2015
    I can't imagine an entire staff of coaches, scouts and GM who spent the past 3 months preparing for this did not have a backup plan in the event that Maxx Williams was picked ahead of them in the 2nd Round. That seems very far fetched. You could pull a random person off the street to prep for the draft and they would be smart enough not to do that.

17. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It seems that lately I find myself getting angrier and angrier at the Ratbirds' actual existence. If they'd made a move ahead of us there to draft a long snapper I'd have been ticked! :shrug:

18. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I have a feeling this had an effect on how a lot of people initially processed the Senquez pick. Everybody could see the Maxx Williams pick coming. Mayock even knew as soon as the rats traded ahead of us what was going on. And most people liked the idea of getting a guy that really reminds them of Heath to succeed him. Then, our most despised enemy swoops in and grabs him and runs away laughing like a bratty little jackass.

Right then people had a horrible taste in their mouths. And before they could even process what happened, the Steelers grabbed a guy that most people, including most pundits , thought would go a round later.

It even affected me a first. Blast had Senquez to us in the 3rd RD of his mock and I was really happy with that, cause the guy can flat out ball. But in those initial moments after all that crap went down, I thought we might have screwed up. I dont feel that way now.

19. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I feel you Jack my thing was why are people getting upset over a what could have been situation? What happens if the Ravens don't move up and Williams is still sitting there and the Steelers picked some one else? At this point getting worked up because Mayock was speculating doesn't seem worth it. Besides the Ravens had to give to get so there will be a price to pay and that's good for us.

20. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Right.

21. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    How dare you guys attempt to infuse logic into my annual three-day rant fest! :smiley1: I reserve the right to lose my mind after every pick that doesn't match my personal wants and my own mental draft board.

22. Real steel

Dec 9, 2012
    Ravens kick our ass twice in one year

First they knock us out of the playoffs then they steal our second round draft pick

23. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  24. Real steel

Dec 9, 2012
    Dumb and dumber should've known the ravens were going to try to steal the tight end. should've traded up sooner before that happen
    every time that guy catches a touchdown pass on us We will be reminded of that mistake
    instead we drafted tattoo

25. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Who wants a TE that is as big as he is and can't block no thanks I like my TEs to be men not divas.