1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ravens rest starters/Texans do opposite

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by fanfav, Dec 23, 2019.

1. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I did a little research on who the Texans back up QB was looks like AJ McCarron. That gave me a chuckle.

Although AJ McCarron would of beat us in that wild card game with the Bengals, if Burfict wasn't an idiot.

2. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Maybe Ryan Tannehill will remember that he is Ryan Tannehill and go back to his mediocre self. He's played lights out for weeks now he is due for a bad game.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    It won’t shock me at all if the Titans don’t win that game in a Houston. I don’t think that game is going to be a walk in the park for the Titans even if the Texans play their backups. I think it’s going to be a very tough game for the Titans to win. It won’t surprise me if both the Steelers and Titans both lose and the Colts beat the Jags and the Broncos beat the Raiders and the Steelers back in at 8-8.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    All of that is very possible.

5. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Now looks like Deshaun Watson, Hopkins and others will sit.

Thanks for nothing Houston.

6. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I was already thinking it was Coach Speak..They really have nothing to play for ...I guess we can hope they win with the 2nd. unit ..The crazy part is they probably will and the the Rats will beat us as well with their 2nd. unit ..

7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Otherwise game over Steelers

8. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    No excuse to lose to the jets with the playoffs on the line. Coach popcorn lost his love from me that game lol

See ya next year

9. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I think by half time today the writing will be drying on the wall. Everyone should have already known that the curtain call is upon us. Reminds me of last year sitting in my usual bar seat watching us win against the Bungles and then watching Baker Minefield pathetically lose it against the Rats. I said then that I hope this doesn't happen again and sure enough here we go. But you never know. We get what we deserve when we need help to get to the post season playoffs. Whether we win or lose today, bottom line is if we can go from 1-4 to 8-5, there is no excuse to lose to the 5-win Jets (and I have heard all of our excuses 1000 times already).

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I knew they were making better acid

11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    No excuse to lose against the Bills either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Steelers made their bed, they have to sleep in it.

I will always support the Steelers but I’m not sure what gives you any kind of confidence as a fan that the Steelers can compete at least offensively with other AFC playoff teams. It’s not there, not this year. Heck we haven’t even had a game with 30 points all season.

On defense they stack up, no doubt.

• Like Like x 1
  13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Texans are gonna suck today. It's a given. The modern Steelers NEVER get the help needed from other teams. Playoff help has not happened since the Bubby Brister days (30 years ago) when I was in high school. This is why the "popcorn" loss to the Jets hurts... just like losses to Broncos and Raiders last year. Inexcusable, avoidable losses that should have never happened.

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Goofy as that seems it also is not out of the realm of possibility.

I have a tough time seeing them beating Baltimore today, even with Jackson on the bench. They can’t rest literally everyone and play nothing but backups.

RGIII doesn’t concern me too much but the Steelers QB situation does against Baltimore’s defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Common theme every year. We are competitive but haven’t been a legit threat since 2010

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    This.

Never been on the "Fire Mike Tomlin" bandwagon, but to ignore the list of losses to bad football teams is living in denial.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Well maybe a few years ago with a 13-3 record we were threatening. However, the Blake Bortles Jags came in for the second time to our house and blew our doors off in the 1st quarter because we were absolutely not properly prepared by the coaching staff even after getting an extra week to prepare. We got to 13-3 and that to me is a team to be respected even if we don't have coaching to maximize our players talents to their fullest..

• Like Like x 2
  18. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    With this defense... there is no excuse. Even with 3rd and 4th string power, we have enough QB and RB to win games if the right plays in certain situations were called, IMO. Call me delusional, but it's the truth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    As heinz once said we played a ton of backups and we squeaked those wins

20. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Hundley, Brisset and the Texans QB who I can't think of right now.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The brown acid from the 1969 Woodstock is making a comeback

22. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The season ends today. Yes, they should have beaten the Jets, but they had no shot at winning a playoff game. I'm just not as annoyed as last year. I'm amazed they contended as long as they did with everything that went wrong this season.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  23. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Sometimes it isn't about the X's and O's, it's about the Jimmies and Joe's, that 13-3 team had no playmakers on defense.

24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Texans are still alive for the #3 seed I believe, if the Chiefs lose and the Texans win.

25. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Same page here, HM.

Not saying they should have run the Jets out of the building. The lack of attention to detail in these winnable games is the common denominator. Dead ball fouls, missed assignments, poor blocking and tackling. Not an analytics guy, but I'm sure some pinhead out there has formulas for such things.