1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ravens pregame- I’m scared

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Oct 26, 2020.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It’s too late to flex this game. It stays where it is. Plus, CBS probably wouldn’t give it up anyway.

I did see one tongue in cheek article, but that was all it was.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    He is not an upper echelon passing QB so lets hope he has to throw and get picked often. I can see this scenario playing out after we get up a few scores.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I think the Ravens are a bit overrated if you ask me. They are a good team don’t get me wrong but they aren’t world beaters and playing as well as they were a year ago. They are the only team in the league running the ball more then they are throwing it. Jackson has only passed for more then 200 yards in 2 games this season and that’s simply not gonna be good enough I don’t believe to beat the Steelers. The one good team they did play in the Chiefs they got their asses kicked and got outgained by nearly 300 yards on offense and gave up 34 points. The Chiefs were also 10 of 13 on 3rd down conversions and went 3 for 3 in the red zone. So I like the Steelers in this game a lot. As long as they don’t beat themselves and turn the ball over like they did somewhat the other day in Tennessee I think the Steelers win this game.

I don’t see Lamar Jackson being able to single handily beat the Steelers running the ball. He is gonna have to make some plays throwing the ball in this game I think a bunch or the Ravens aren’t gonna win this game. With that being said, I like the Steelers in this game I think they win by a 4-7 point margin.

As I have pointed out numerous times in other threads this is a much bigger game for the Ravens then it is the Steelers. The Ravens absolutely can not afford to fall 2 games behind the Steelers with a loss to them at home having to still play another game here at Heinz Field on Thanksgiving night. I don’t see the Ravens being able to make that up and overcome that. This Steelers team is too good this year and if they get up on the Ravens by a few games in the standings there isn’t gonna be no Steelers collapse like there was in 2018 where they lost the division with 2-3 game lead in late November. This is a MUST win for the Ravens period.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Yeah and especially the past few years. Its pretty funny after they were the little brother of the AFC North for so many years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It's not being flexed

6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    You're probably right about being better than i think they are Scribe. I think their defense is one of the best, their offense meh. Reminds me of a college team that runs up scores but has no answer when playing a contender.

That said the Rat trolls around here need some things to think about. Getting swept last year has to be answered & the Steelers are in much better shape this year to return the favor. The run game can be shut down in the NFL. Big backs like Fournette make that harder to do. The best secondaries just cannot contain a good passing attack anymore. Ben should be excited & gunning to take his division back with his talented weapons. Ravens have two shots to win this imo. Lamar has a good day rushing, creating holes for his tes or bad Ben throwing 40 passes. I really like this Steeler defense, they are carrying the team like our SB years. It sucks that they lost Bush, a key component imo, but are in good shape to win a ring for him.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  7. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    In the words of the great Reverend Bone Crusher, “I ain’t ever scared”

But no seriously I’m not really terrified of the Ravens. I think it will be a tight game. But I think the Steelers are better.

8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I saw a stat yesterday that the Ravens are 25-4 in the regular season since Lamar became starting QB, 3 of those 4 losses are to the Chiefs.
    Something like that...

• Like Like x 1
  9. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    The Ravens I’ll keep saying need this game a lot more then the Steelers do to win this division because of that loss already to the Chiefs a month ago. I’ll come out and say it right now I think the Ravens have Zero chance to win this division if they lose this game at home to the Steelers Sunday and they fall 2 games behind the Steelers. Especially when you look at both teams schedules the next 4 games after this game. The Steelers play at Dallas, home with Cincy, at Jacksonville and home against the Ravens. The Ravens have at Indy, at New England, Tennessee at home, and at the Steelers. So this is simply a game realistically the Ravens can not afford to lose and expect to win this division it’s gonna be very very tough.

• Like Like x 1
  10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I hope you're right. Steelers are due for a clunker game.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  11. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    we have had 5 clunker games already! :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    We've definitely had some clunker quarters on offense. Yesterday it was the 2nd half.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    You misspelled a word there...I think you meant to put an s instead of a y.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Your 2020 Pittsburgh Steelers...

[​IMG]

15. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    BLASPHEMY!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    If Ben is accurate (dare to dream, Glory, dare to dream) a 4 man rush will give him and his playmakers time to work free. He just needs to be patient and throw the ball away if nothing is there. Dropping 7 scares me because he likes to force it. BUT, I think after last week, he's going to be a little more patient with the ball. Also, if they drop 7, that might open up a TE releasing from the line if they lose track of him in with the blockers. :thumbs_up:

Yeah, more of the same. Stop the run on the way to the qb. Set the edge, fill the gaps, and crash the pocket. :clapping:

21 wouldn't have been enough last week. Let's go with 28. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Two very different animals. Jackson will present a different type of containment issue but I really am not worried about the Ravens. If we can make Jackson pass, I like our chances.

• Like Like x 2
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Derek Watt and Hilton are expected back at practice this week.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That certainly helps, especially Hilton. They will need his quickness and physical play against the Ravens.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Agreed. Hilton is money rushing the qb off the corner. He should be sent between the line and the edge rushers who should be taking a wide path to force LJ up in the pocket. Edge rushes wide, LJ steps up in the pocket, Hilton greets him just behind the line.

21. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    The thing I want to see most about this game is around 4:00 a thread started with, "Don't look now......"

• Like Like x 2
  22. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    You’re not gonna watch the game?

23. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    It's too hard for him to come up with crazy comments if he actually watches the games. He might accidentally say something that makes sense. Just easier this way. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  24. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Maybe we will see the wildcat, that should help

25. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Oh I'm watching but you know that thread we all want to see after the game.

• Like Like x 1