1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ravens had bounty on steelers players

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by chuckie_os, Mar 25, 2012.

1. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Google is your friend.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3659317

2. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Thanks for the link.
    The fact remains that this was stated before the game even started and had to be known by Roger Gooddell with the publicity from which it received and still nothing. I have little doubt in my mind that if #92 of the Steelers echoed those same words about any player in the league then he would have been immediately suspended (again).

Gooddell really is an opportunist dictator when it comes down to handing out fines and suspensions. (JMHO)

3. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Good Lord. James Harrison said that he is trying to hurt players and said that he wouldn't piss on Goodell to put him out if he was on fire and wasn't suspended for it.

The Saints pay-for-injury bounty system and Suggs' comments have nothing to do with each other.

4. benwallace17

benwallace17 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    The problem I have with goodell relating to James Harrison is that we had a week in football that was apparently so violent that he couldn't take it anymore. So he went into the dictionary and found the word "egregious" and told the owners "I'm gonna start cracking down on these things starting today"! "If any reporters ask you anything just say egregious".

Problem is he gave no warnings to the players. He fined and made James the poster boy for this and made him a repeat offender in one day! You know what I"m getting at? You can't decide to change things up and then punish people for doing it the "old way" before people had known anything changed.

James Harrison became a repeat offender right away, and as he tried to adjust, every time he did something wrong.....fine or suspension, because he was a repeat offender. Wow, I can't see how any fan doesn't think that's BS.
    When you take into consideration that those infractions aren't swept clean when starting a new season it's just incredible.
    So all it takes is one replay showing Harrison's helmet grazing another players helmet this year and we lose him for maybe 3 games. And it's all because James Harrison is mean and aggressive, sorry goodell thats a perfect attitude for a linebacker to have, and you"re a boner.

5. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Goodell's warned everyone and warned Harrison even more with the repeated fines. He refused to change his style of play and it cost him a few games. He didn't become a repeat offender right away, he became a repeat offender when he repeatedly got flagged/fined.

Why should the slate be swept clean at the start of a season? If someone hit a player on the Steelers illegally, you can bet your ass that we would be screaming for them to be fined and/or suspended if they did the same thing within the last year.

You're obviously free to complain but it isn't going to do any good. The owners just extended Goodell's contract another 6 years so they must be pretty happy with him. The only way fans are going to make a change is if ALL NFL FANS boycotted the games, the merchandise and the companies that advertise during games... And that simply will not happen.