1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

ratbird Zebras

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Dobre Shunka, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Dobre Shunka

Dobre Shunka New Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Has it been mentioned at all that we were flagged for a helmet to helmet, which set up a score for them, and ray lewis knocked 86 out of the game (helmet to helmet) and wasn't flagged, which essentially took a score away from us.....

and also...the pass interference in the end zone that wasn't called on them, and also the holding call that took away mendy's run opening the third quarter...and also

I am still fuming from this one sorry, just need to gripe,have locked myself in my room since the TD.....bad calls by the officials, worse by our coaches....no way we let flacid go 90 yards for a TD...seems like a bad dream in slow motion still

2. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah, I dont want to blame this loss on the refs, but its undeniable that we got hosed on several calls-and they were game changers. The head to head on Ward was a ridiculous non-call. The holding on Starks - not much better.

3. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    There was another head to head or defenseless player no call towards the end of the game. Can't remember who was involved. If there are no fines then something is definitely not right with the NFL. I thought they were supposed to error on the side of safety?

4. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I was thinking this very thing this morning and then realized I was starting to sound like one of "those" fans from some other team.

5. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Actually, brown was hit head to head and dropped a pass due to it. Non-call. That said they battled through them all and the Defense let them down at the end. Also, listening to these bastards talk as if they kicked ass, but they were run on and passed on all night.

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    The Ref calls were iffy, but I really just don't like these rule changes anymore.

Troy and Clark can't blow people up anymore and it has totally take their game away from them. Steeler defense died last year with the Goodell crusade. This is the arena football version of the Steelers now.

Ravens WR were allowed to push off all game, DB's have no chance in this league anymore.

7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    As I've said a few times before - the Lewis hit was there, on the replay that they were reviewing for Ward's catch. Now, I know they can't introduce a new call when they're reviewing something else, but this just makes no sense to me.

(Can't remember if pass Interference a reviewable play?) But still, if the new rules causing some inconsistency in terms of WRs pushing off etc., then surely we need to get to a state where every call can be challenged. It won't slow the game up anymore than challenges already do.

8. Concussion

Concussion Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    The ref's were very inconsistent in calling illegal hits, what is a catch, pass interference and invisible holding. Unfortunate.

9. SteelCityDynasty

SteelCityDynasty Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    I couldn't agree more about these horrible referees. My dad and I bleed black and gold and watch all of the games and it has come to a point every week no matter who they play all the receiver has to do after a pass is broken up is jump up and cry for a flag and low and behold there it is! The Cardinals game instantly comes to mind for me when Ike broke up Kolb's pass and as they were lined up ready to run the next play there comes the flag! All of the holds on Harrison and Woodley among others week after week just go by the wayside but it's funny when Harrison or Clark or anyone else with the Steeler logo on their helmet plants the opposition there comes the flag. My dad and I agree that they should either have a points system for these referees and or fine them like they do so often to Harrison. Take a little money out of their pocket and maybe that would motivate them to start "noticing" things! Maybe a few drug screenings would'nt be a bad idea either! At seasons end if they happen to cost us the post season which I still believe we will overcome their garbage, I would pay top dollar to watch Harrison line up all the refs and throw in hypocrit Goddell and have an hour long game of kill the man with the football, lol! Go Steelers, defy the odds like us fans know and expect you will!

10. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The refs were embarrassing last night to say the least. Nothing pisses me off more than when the flipping zebras determine the outcome of the game. Yes we were still in a position to win at the end, but we had to overcome not only the ratbirds but the officials too.

11. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I actually don't mind bad officiating. It happens.

I DO mind it when it's very lopsided in one team's favor as it was last night. Makes one wonder if they were intentionally trying to affect the flow of the game. :thumbsdown:

12. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I can agree with that. I'll tolerate bad officiating (as if we have a choice...) as long as it's bad both ways.

13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Here is another instance that I want clarification on as well. Anyone remember in the first meeting this season that the Ravens defense were basically beating the heck out of the Steelers receivers on any play that was ruled a tipped ball. I remember one of the broadcast team(not sure who it was probably Simms) saying it is perfectly legal on a tipped ball to hit the receiver anyway you like and the Ravens were darn near killing them. On one play Hines came across the formation in what was going to be a bubble screen and well before the ball was tipped the outside linebacker clothes lined him and there was no flag on it for anything because the ball was eventually tipped. At this point I want to see the Steelers tip the ball just so they can grab a receiver and pile drive him since anything goes on a tipped ball.

14. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The other helmet-helmet hit was McClain on Brown over the middle and he dropped it after getting his bell rung by the helmet-helmet hit. I do not understand what Clark always gets called for it and Ray can do it or other Rats and not get called in the same game.

The hold they called on Starks was totally a phantom call and took away a nice run by Mendy. We had to overcome that (which is huge anbd usually kills drives) and they never got called for holds.

I do not like complaining about refs because it usually goes both ways, but some of these calls are so bad. And they are happening in other games too.

I really hate the late flags that come after a receiver complains about the lack of a PI -- the officials should not be influences by post play antics. Did anyone else see Plaxico mug the Db on his TD last week -- he grabbed, held, pushed, shoved etc the guy and nothing was called. The DBs have no chance in today's patheticly called NFL. Whatever happened to letting them play and calling the legit calls, and not iffy touch calls that change the game?