1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ranking the 2018 Steelers vs the rest of the NFL

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TenaciousD, Oct 1, 2018.

1. TenaciousD

TenaciousD Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2017
    I will try to rank each position, mostly on the starters but also considering depth. I will rank from 1-32, 1 being the best in the NFL and 32 being the worst.

QB - 15. Many will be shocked to see Ben ranked barely above average but take a look at his stats throughout 4 games and that's exactly what he is. Backup QBs are regularly putting up 350+ yards and 3+ TDs. Ben just turns the ball way too frequently to be above average. He's up to 7 turnovers already in 4 games (5 INTs 2 lost fumbles)

RB - 28. I like Conner but he is no Bell. With Bell this rank goes up to top 3. I don't know why they won't use Ridley more. More Ridley I could see this getting closer to 20.

WR - 2. AB + JuJu. Where the heck is James Washington? Switzer is out playing him so far.

TE - 10. This number could go up to top 5 if Vance stays healthy.

OL - 15. Solidly average. Not elite.

DL - 30. They are overpaid and awful so far. Invisible men.

OLBs - 20. Watt has been mostly invisible since week 1. Dupree can get a sack if unblocked.

ILBs - 28. I like Bostic but VW is slow as molasses. We can't cover a TE to save our lives.

CBs - 26. Haden is the only good CB we have. If he's out we drop to 32.

S - 28. Where is this Burnett guy who was supposed to be a big FA pickup? Edmunds has gotten a few turnovers but his instincts stink. And he's not a sure tackler.

P - 32. Is there really a worse punter than Berry? His 30 yard punts are killing us.

K - 16. He has a good chance to move back into top 10 or top 5 if he puts his shaky first 3 games behind him.

Coaches - 16. Average. And that's being generous.

Overall - I think we are one of the 5 worst teams in the league right now.

• Agree Agree x 1