1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Randy must go

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by VTSteelerfan, Nov 24, 2019.

1. VTSteelerfan

VTSteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2016
    it's like watching a high school coach. The defenses are way ahead of him they know the play, and why can't we throw a slant pass we seem to get yardage when we do . It is horrible to watch

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Do not Insult us HS Coaches ...No way would you ever predict my script like that ...I would never go into a game with 2 running plays ..I watched on line and I missed some , but damn we ran the same 2 plays over and over from what I seen...

Ok just to let you know us HS coaches are better than that ,, when we kept running counter left the D kept stunting to that side and leaving a huge hole in the middle..Ray Charles could see it ..Simply draw a play in the dirt fake that Counter and shovel to a WR in that huge hole..He may still be running at the very least it would stop them from slanting that way and trailing the pullers ...Is really Football 101 and that's the first play that came to me there are 1000's of more wrinkles and we seen none ...As did the D of the Bengals...

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I hope they let him go. If they do it’ll probably be after the season.

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I could not agree more. If that is not the case, look for an Offensive Assistant. Generate heat on Fichtner's seat!!

#FireRandyFichtner

5. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Yeah he should be outta here but it probably won’t happen with Ben coming back given Randy is his guy. Some of the play calling is just utterly bizarre, he is out of his depth although he doesn’t have an awful lot to work with relatively speaking.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Fichtner goes and Tomlin stays?

7. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I think it’s pretty obvious that Ben has been the real OC and Randy is his yes man.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    How about yesterday??

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I haven't seen the player development at the QB position
    Landry Jones, Dobbs, Now Mason. Now I know it is hard for these
    mentioned players to get real playing time when you have a better
    player playing in front of them. But we should have saw some signs
    of things that each of these players bring to the table that they are
    capable of possibly playing as a starter in the NFL. They have not.
    Is it the player or is it the offensive system? Big question
    will have to be asked at end of season.

10. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    One question I had watching the game yesterday (aside from all the QB drama etc.) was: where the hell are our TEs?

MacDonald is probably the best receiver out there with Juju out, and he got one catch?

As Fichtner's playbook has come into effect, we've seen less and less of the TEs, barring one or two games. Vance is a very good player. Vannett is a good player. Both are better than Johnny Holton by some way. Can we not use them more?

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    This right here and even more reason why I want more of Ben tutoring on the sidelines. Fitch has no clue, where is the slants, where is the bubble screens get the ball to the TE's omg..........

12. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Great post WardisMVP.

This is somewhat similar to the development of the Secondary. "Coaching" is synonymous with "Teaching". Where are the Teachers on this administrative staff for the QBs? Like with the secondary, how many of the players that were drafted have come and gone? AND NOT ONE remains here under this administration. The administration is the "Common Denominator". You cannot tell me that every DB that we drafted stinks as the same with every QB that we brought in under this administration. Very frustrating!

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

13. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    So true! And for all of you glueheads who think Ben is done or over-rated, the reason we are just now seeing how bad Fuchtner is, is because Ben has the smarts to check out of Fuchtner's idiotic play calls.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    This is a good point and even though I am not sure any of those guys are uber-talented; it points to a common denominator.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    How many of these players have gone anywhere else and made it?:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Juju on his 3rd wr coach. Washington on his 2nd.
    No speed at receiver. All 4.5+ guys.
    No speed at rb.
    A 3rd rd. QB that was supposed to be learning this year. He was a 3rd string player last year, so little chance.
    We started 4 udfas Sunday on the offensive line.
    We have a second year offensive coordinator that has a new o-line coach, a brand new wr coach and a new college rb coach.
    We have a qb coach that had little experience (one year) at the pro level.

I know you all want this to run like clock work but we don't have the resources for our oc to succeed.

Colbert and tomlin built this mess. They had to give butler 10 first rounders to make him somewhat competent looking and it still is iffy at times. I'm fully confident a good DC would have this group at the top of the league. Right now they are good but could be better.

the offense has crap to work with. The coaches are not good position coaches. They were counting on an aging qb to carry this unit. Wrecking the whole system right now would just finish ben.

We saw what a good wr coach did for ab and the receiving corp. It made them better. They are not good with Sherman. We saw what munch did with the line. We are not good with sarrett. We saw what we did with our rb coach last year but we went to the college ranks and expected the same results.

Colbert allowed this. Tomlin went along with it. We see the results. You guys expect fichter to make this chit show playoff worthy with so many thing working against him. Who knows what they may bring in. Watch what you wish for.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yes I think we learned our lesson that the grass is not always greener lol. Who would we replace him with

18. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    Bens old, they aren't changing, firing anyone as long as Ben remains on the team. That goes for Randy and Tomlin both. Rooneys are happy as long as Tomlin keeps his head above water with never having a losing season. Forget about all the seasons of massive talent on this team that couldn't be handed wins. Rooney has Tomlin and Ben has Randy.

19. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    The downfall of Mason Rudolph from when he first came in against Seattle until now is remarkable. Is it just bad coaching? Is it the Earl Thomas hit? I don't know but he reminds me of Steve Blass the former Pirate pitcher who simply forgot how to throw a baseball. The physical skill was still there but he had a mental block that ended his career.

20. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Sounds like your giving Randy a "get out of jail free " card...….just saying

21. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    You are partially right. There is a blocking problem.:cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    It wouldn't matter if we brought in JC at this point. We have bigger problems than the OC.:cool:

23. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    It blows my mind on what the coaches don't see or they don't know how to fix. Somebody should have seen that MR does not move well in the pocket and doesn't slide and is slow footed in the pocket. This should of been fixed before even last year.

Many have said this many times before, your going to see how bad we are when Ben is gone. He was carrying this team for several years and didn't need player development from coaching. Agree that Mann did help the receivers when he was here.

24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Ben is only one of several pieces this offense has lost over the last couple seasons. Big pieces.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You’re right there are problems bigger than the OC but in this **** Show Fichtner is definitely on the stage.

• Agree Agree x 2