1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Random thoughts after W2 Win v MINN

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by WWW, Sep 17, 2017.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Except New England, they own the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    they had a run game then with ray rice and a very good defense. the bombs away came after that. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Looked to me like the deep passes were a product of the defensive looks we were getting. Guess what - they worked pretty well too. A completion, 2 DPIs that were a direct result of the coverage being beat, plus another near completion where AB caught the ball with a foot out of bounds 45 yards downfield. The only time it looked bad was when Ben tried to force the deep ball to AB a couple of times in a row early in the game when it wasn't there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    If you watched the game, you know it was close for much longer than it should have been. Yea, we won, and that is all that matters, but if that is all the better this team can play, under those conditions, we are not a legit contender. Now, do I think we can play better? Sure. How will we fare if we play to that level in Balt? It will be ugly.

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Yep.

Without the Ray Rice of old, Joe elected to "heave ho". Did not work then.

6. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017

I did watch the game, and I think you are overstating the competitiveness of the game. The defense only gave up one td and really, one long drive. Other than that their offence was non-existent. So if the D plays like that in Baltimore I would be quite pleased. As for the offence, they did leave some points on the field, but they still scored 26 pts against a damn good defense. That is only 4 pts shy of the magic "30" pts a game that everyone wants to see from our offense. I expect them to get better as they are clearly shaking off some rust.
    Bottom line is that at this stage in the season I think they could compete with about 90% of the teams out there, including Baltimore, who has quite a few warts of their own. And given the trend I have seen in the first two games, I have reason to believe that by the time we do actually play them , we will see a more cohesive team on both sides of the ball. Therefore, I for one, am not ready to hit the panic button just yet.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Wrong they beat Denver in the playoffs their SB year by Flacco throwing bombs to Torrey Smith.

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
  9. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Dupree's shoulder after the game still hurting him but playing through the pain.

Also stated that he was not even aware Bradford was not the starting QB until the 2nd series of the game.

10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
  11. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'll take both wins even though the offense looks like its missing something. We could have easily played KC then New England and be 0 and 2

12. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
  13. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

True. That's why it is so important to not lose the "supposed to win" games.

14. stompin69

stompin69 Member

Aug 30, 2017
    Hey fellas, just throwing my 2 cents in. I know this is a random thought post but KC and NE are pretty random considering we did not play either! Random and fictional are two different thoughts.
    So anyway, Haley and his idiot game planning against the Clowns put unneeded and unforgivable pressure on our D. In no way do I think it was Ben, or Bell! Those stupid bubble screen/quick 1yard pass plays gives their D an easy situation to deal with, and keeps them tight for the run D too.

I will not knock Haden too much but like I have said before, or something like it, he is not great like he has been heralded. His best plays are when he does not get caught holding, but with that said, I will admit that I have changed my mind and like him on our team because if he can get Brady to hold te ball one second longer that would be great. Then we go back to Haley that gives all Defenses toooooo many chances to have the ball, hell yeah Brady can pick us apart if we can't keep him off the field!

15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    a couple of deep passes is not bombs away thats just a game plan. they used rice a lot. bombs away is many of those in one game as we do now and as baltimore does now. big difference. :cool:

16. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Well you could look at it another way. If it were so easy to go 20 yards how come they only were able to do it once?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  17. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    He hasn't played in a long time . He drops balls and should be way more of a physical presence then he actually is. He had the tools to be great but he's not great . His stats say he's mediocre at best.

• Like Like x 1