1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

random thought

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TheSteelHurtin2188, Feb 25, 2012.

1. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    This is a little old but did anybody else notice the chemistry between b. Marshal and big ben at the pro bowl. That td pass was supposed to be a short pass but both seen the opportunity to go deep. I know he has some issues but coming home could fix that. Yeah he only lived here until he was like 9 or something like that but still has family here. I think he is in the final year of his deal. He wants to win amd could you imagine that group. I would let sanders walk next year and it would be marshal wallace and brown and hopefully cotch. That would be just about unstoppable. I know this would never happen but i would love it.

2. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    It's pretty easy to have chemistry when no one even cares about defending. Not saying it wouldn't be a good match-up, but I would never let the Pro Bowl be what made my decision.

3. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Yeah thats true but i was more looking at them both seeing the same thing and not having to signal or anything

4. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    We're over the cap trying to save Mike Wallace and we're going to bring in a big named guy? Don't think so

5. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I would take Brandon Marshall and I bet big Ben would too

6. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Brandon Marshall is bipolar, coming home to Pittsburgh isn't a cure. There is no cure at all. He's bipolar and always will be.
    Now even if you can get by that and you want him anyway, you're basing chemistry on one play in the pro bowl. Yeah, they went deep, what else is new, if it was up to Ben, he'd go deep on every single play, and WR's always love to go deep, especially in a game where there's no defence.

7. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    My son just got diagnosed with bi polar so dont go there and i was talking next year i believe this is the last year on his contract that is y i said let sanders walk. . It was 2 am and i was bored.

8. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Our receiving core was supposed to be unstoppable this past year too...

9. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    We need a big wr and every team haley has been part of has had big wrs. Hell look at the chiefs last year all three of there wrs were 6 foot 2 or taller. We dont have a wr over 6the foot. So either they are going to take one in the draft or free agency.

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    not to put you on the spot, but haley has how many rings? :cool:

11. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    wasn't the pro bowl where mcnabb recurited T.O.?

12. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Okay, so your son has bipolar as well, not sure how that's relevant. You said he has issues but bringing him home to Pittsburgh may solve those issues. I'm pointing out that it doesn't matter where he goes, his issues aren't so much attitude related as they are mental health related. So no offence, but I'm bringing up a fact, he has a mental health issue and I'm not going to avoid talking about it because it may be a sensitive issue to some. That absolutely will affect performance, and Brandon Marshall said as much himself.

13. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    As long as he takes his meds he is fine i dont really remember any issues from last year. I should have put that in my post. Didnt marshal just get diagnosed last off season.

14. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    I thought it was 2 years ago. Could be wrong.

Will he be fine if he takes his meds? I have no idea, only him and his doctors would know that. The problem with mental health issues is what works for one person doesn't work for another. Some people battle symptoms of bipolar their whole lives, others have it under control and are pretty much in remission their whole lives. As with all mental health, it's unpredictable. Anyway, I was just saying that coming to Pittsburgh won't solve his issues as they are mental health related. Either his issues will be kept in control by meds or they won't be, it will have nothing to do with living or playing in Pittsburgh.

He is a prima donna though, even outside of the mental health issues. When he doesn't get his away, he pouts and starts playing at half speed.

15. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Having family around him could help the situation. I dothent know like i said it was 2 am and i was bored at work. I just really think we need a tall guy to really help out in the redzone.

16. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    We do need a big, tall WR for sure. I don't want Marshall to be that guy though, I don't like his attitude or his effort sometimes. The guy could be unstoppable if he really wanted to be, but he doesn't always fight for the ball or fight through blocks.

I would personally love to let Wallace go, cut a few other people, restructure some more contracts if need be, then bring in Bowe to be our #1 guy. Have Brown be the #2 and give him #2 money next year. Have Sanders be the #3 and give him #3 type money next year. Let Cotchery walk. Keep Ward for at least 1 more year. Bowe won't be cheap, but if we are going to be a real passing team, we need that big, tall WR to make catches in traffic.

17. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    I would be cool with that bowe is a beast and already knows haley. Or drafting floyd with the other number 1

18. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    I like Floyd, but we need 2 guards and possibly a tackle. With the FA's out there this off season, I think we should find a way to get one of those guys signed to a long term deal, preferably Bowe, then use our picks on our Oline and Dline. Yes, we will have to pay Brown and Sanders next year, but Sanders hasn't done anything in his career so he can't ask for big money, and if we sign a big time WR, then Sanders won't be in a position to ask for much since he'll be the #3 guy. Brown won't get huge money either, especially if he gets pushed down to the #2 spot next season.

19. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
  20. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    if not for big ben and an amazing catch by holmes he would have one against us

21. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Bowe making catches in traffic REALLY? lmao oh how you forget the KC game against us this year!

22. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Now I understand people makes these kind of statements all the time to 'make a point', but to me it doesn't work. How do I put it, they were part of our team....! You can't say if not for them. They were drafted to make such a play, right? It's not like the Steelers borrowed them from some other place for that game only or for only that drive. THEN you could say if it weren't for them.

That's like saying if it weren't for the fire department the house would have burned. Granted they credit, just like those two players, but that is why they are here and expected of them. Am I making sense or does someone have a way to articulate MY point better.

23. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    That's one game. The guy is a stud WR

24. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Wow you are going to use a game in which tyler palko started as a measuring stick now thats what i call funny

25. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    again i ask you, with his offense, how many rings does he have? :cool: