1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rahim Morris

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Jan 10, 2012.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I know Tomlin said both coordinators are returning, but would anyone like to see Lebeau retire and us hire morris or singletary?

2. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Never singletary. He's a damn head case. He'll moon the fans next.

3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    It will be the LB coach....he has been here so long he probably is the heir apparent, and probably knows Lebeau's 3-4 and all his secrets. When healthy and the right players in place this D is still relevant. It it ain't broke don't try to fix it. Butler would provide the most consistency.

4. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011

You don't think that so many teams run the 3-4 now that the league has figured it out alittle bit? I know this year we ranked high, but it just seems to me that teams have caught on. we had a low sack total because qb's get rid of the ball so quick because the db's traditionaly play of the wr. Maybe Butler would bring some new ideas I dont know. I like Lebeau, but it may be time for a change

5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Lebeau kind of stopped creatively blitzing with the CB's and ILB's. Part of it might be age, but other part is he knew this year his players were not good enough to risk take too many chances.

6. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    When did he say that? I listened to the news conference yesterday and all I heard him say is that there are always changes after the season but wouldn't or couldn't elaborate.

7. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    I thought I read it on here somewhere in a post. it is possible that I misunderstood. although I dont Tomlin lets either one go, my guess would be the choice would be theirs

8. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I would not crown the LB coach the immediate replacement if Lebeau retires. He needs to have some innovation on how to bring back the zone blitz and how to utilize it because Lebeau did not use that part of his play book.

I remember when you would see a different type of blitz every week. And then by week 14 you was seeing week 1 blitz packages. I have not seen one blitz use this year that resemble anything Lebeau use to use when he had Greene and Lloyd. Or even Porter and Haggans for that matter. I would not anoint Butler the successor of Lebeau just yet.

9. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011

That is what I have been missing. where did all those exotic blitzes go. we look so vanilla now.I think this group of lb's are as good as any group lebeau has had. I know they have more speed. I remember seeing greene stunt inside and blowing up a center on a blitz and knocking him into the qb. all harrison and woodley do is rush up field.

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I listened as well, and I don't recall hearing him say he couldn't elaborate. Here's a quote from the audio-

"Mike, do you anticipate both of your coordinators returning next season?"

MT-

"I anticipate it, but of course you know we all understand what the end of the season is about and movement is a part of it in today's NFL for both players and coaches. We're going to work to maintain continuity like we always do. We believe that's a benefit to us, but we also understand that things could happen and we'll deal with those as they arise."

next question-

"How much of a say when it comes to Bruce Arians, do you give Ben in a decision like that?"

MT-

"None. You know, not from a coaches perspective not from a staff building perspective. None. Of course, just in terms of hearing his opinions from a player coach relationship the samebamount of say you give anybody that's in a significant position of contribution for our football team."

11. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    wasnt Lebeau when we had Greene and Lloyd it was Don Capers

12. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    it is the same scheme though isnt it? I mean they worked together didnt they?

13. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    yes same scheme Capers learned from Lebeau but dif coaches add there own dif winkles to the scheme :herewego: