1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Race for the # 1 or # 2 seed...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Nov 9, 2018.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    And we should get to enjoy that position for a few weeks but you know our boys don't enjoy the easy route.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    And we can actually afford 2 lose 2 more games long as we beat ne.

3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I think they call Jacksonville the Pittsburgh of the south. Lot of ex Burghers live there. I'd say this will sound like a home game for us.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    We have a real good shot at the number two seed as if we beat the Pats because we would have a two game cushion.The Saints are playing off the charts so even if we lose to them and beat everyone else we’re still number 2!The Chiefs play the Raiders twice (gimmes) but play the Rams next week and the Chargers a few weeks later with really no other threats.They will probably be a number 1 but there is plenty of time left and anything can happen.

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I believe they've nicknamed it Jacksonburgh?

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We control our own destiny now for the #2 seed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    Huge loss for the Pats. Steelers Chargers and Chiefs all ahead in the standings now as they enter their bye week. Steelers have the toughest schedule by far with games on the road in New Orleans, Jacksonville, Denver, Raiders home games vs Bengals Pats and Chargers. I don't see Pittsburgh beating New Orleans on the road. Can see them winning the rest but never a given. Pats only have 2 tough games left vs Vikings and Steelers So that 2 seed could come down to Pats vs Steelers game again and we know how that goes...... I'm seeing Chiefs Pats Steelers Texans Chargers Titans in that order.

8. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    The Titans winning today was big. It really opened the door a lot more for the Steelers to have a realistic chance to still get a bye week and keep them out of Foxboro come playoff time. The Bengals getting destroyed as well also put more of a strangle hold on the AFC North right now for the Steelers as well. They are now 2 games up on the Bengals in the loss column and 3 games up on the Ravens with 7 games to go. Why next week I am rooting for the Ravens to beat the Bengals so they both would be 5-5 and if the Steelers beat the Jags which they definitely should do they will be 7-2-1 and 3 games up in the loss column on both the Bengals and Ravens with 6 games to play. And if that happens I don’t see neither the Bengals or Ravens making up a 3 game deficit on the Steelers With 6 games to play. That will just be too much for them to overcome and it just isn’t gonna happen.

9. Kevin James

Kevin James Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    The Bengals & Ravens will be lucky to finish 9-7 this year. The Bengals are not as good as their 5-4 record and I think the Ravens beat them and they split with the Browns if their lucky.

I think our division is pretty much ours, so if KC is #1 , NE #2, PIT #3, HOU #4, LAC #5, TEN #6, if we beat Tennessee, we go to New England, if we are #2 and Patriots are #3, they will come to Pittsburgh. Either way it looks like there is a good chance we will be seeing the Patriots again in the playoffs. Having said that, how much do you show them in your regular season match-up. It seems like coaching is going to be a big factor and that doesn't bode well for us. On the upside, we haven't lost on the Road yet this season, 3-0-1, if it comes down to that.

It's going to be tough to get a bye with our schedule, but there's a lot of football to be played. Players can get motivated against good teams, but the Coach needs to get them motivated for the bad teams and Tomlin has struggled doing that, so it's hard to count out a loss to anyone besides Oakland.

In the end, it's fun talk about it and waste some time, but as long as we win the SB, none of us care how we get there or who we play.

• Like Like x 1
  10. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    And we can actually los
    Not necessarily. If the texans win out and we lose to the saints they would be the 2 seed.

11. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    A lot of football left to be played...

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Just go one week at a time. Win the next one. Jacksonville up next.

13. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Correct you are and the Texans schedule from here on out doesn’t look too daunting.