1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Race for the # 1 or # 2 seed...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Yep. This team was very lucky that the Jets did them a favor in 2010. Remember the Pats beat us at home pretty handily that year.

2. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Ithink Tenn wil beat the Patsies sunday so that should help a lil...But im not even thinking abt playoffs yet, there is still alot of football left to be played

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I thought they were but maybe I overestimated Carolina. But then again I didnt want to make seem like I was discrediting us.

4. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm with you on that. I think vrabel steals one from his former coach.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Vrabel is HC... he will have the Titans ready to go to war against Patriots. For once, Patriots have to play a legit team on the road. A Titans win would be a gift to the Steelers... and the Chiefs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I think if they lose. Kc has the 1 seed locked up. I only see them losing maybe 1 more game and thats a maybe.

7. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah, Cardinals don't have the roster to put up much of a fight on Sunday.

8. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Ithink Mahomes will hit a wall in the playoffs,, this is his first year starting.. and it gets cold in KC in Dec. + we all know Andy's playoff record

9. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yeah, looks a whole lot more possible now after last night`s performance. We need to win out to make it happen IMO.

10. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Meanwhile, over the last decade, or so, it is not uncommon for the AFC North to send two teams to the playoffs with a third team from the north fighting for the 6th seed. And I believe there have been 2 seasons in recent history in which Steelers, Bengals and Ravens all went to the playoffs.

Rivalry aside, I respect the fact that the Bengals and Ravens would be a big problem for other teams that generally control their division if they moved to other divisions.

Steelers have a tougher road in a tougher division. But it makes the winning all the more sweet. :cool:

11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    May just be meant to be. It is his 2nd year so he did have an entire year to sit to learn everything. I thought so too but the way he came back vs ne in that Sunday night game showed me he isnt scared of the moment. Now of course the playoffs is a different animal but going against ne in foxbourgh in primetime is a big deal.

12. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I absolutely think the Chiefs are for real and going up against Mahomes will be a huge huge challenge. However, the Steelers played like absolute crap against them and still almost beat them and only lost 42-37. The defense was still trying to get its footing at that time and also Joe Haden didn’t play in that game either which changes everything for this secondary. So I like the Steelers chances in a rematch in KC if it gets to that. The Chiefs have a terrible home playoff record and haven’t won a home playoff game in 25 years and are 0-6 since then. They just have a bad history of choking at Arrowhead and until they win a playoff game there that stat will continue to haunt their fan base and be in the back of the current players minds no matter how much they say it won’t matter I think it does. So you factor that and combine it with Andy Reid’s history in the playoffs of choking, and Mahomes being a rookie in the playoffs for the first time the Steelers have a good chance of going into KC and winning.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Surprisingly Pats fans are taking notice of our team. Just want to throw some forum comments I have read from several boards. Kinda chuckled at some. lol red comments are theirs, black mine.

1. Looking like a typical Steeler season
    -Chaos in the beginning
    -Get a little streak going with their strong offense even more st Heinz
    -Beat a good team mid season
    -Pats will whoop that ass
    -They'll focus on the Pats rematch and lose in the divisional round

Rinse snd repeat (heinz that you? lol can't argue with this one)

2. Pitt is dangerous.

As of today, Conner has 1158 combined rushing and receiving yards. 11 TDs and 5-100 yard rushing games. I hope that Bell does not go back because those 2 RBs in the backfield would wreak havoc.
    NE is due for a loss in Pitt so I would not be counting my clams before digging.
    (there are some bedwetters over there too lol. Until we beat them as a pats fan I wouldn't be worried)

3. I've been saying for several years that we are playing Russian roulette with the Steelers, and that one of these times they are going to get us. Every year I say that, and every year we get by them, but we can't keep expecting to bat 1.000 against them. They are a bigger threat this year than they have been in recent years. I really wish that game was at home. We were lucky to eek by last year, thanks to Jesse James and his screw up. (if we somehow beat them that is almost as good as winning the SB. almost)

4. Their defense should get some praise too. Playing to the level they were last season before Shazier went down and out. (yup, defense has played well. 18 ppg in the winning streak. Take all the trash points given up and we are playing at 14 ppg.

As long as our offense performs our defense will be dangerous.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Kudos to whoever said "I would not be counting my clams before digging." Such New England...

• Like Like x 1
  15. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers have been due to beat Patriots for years now. It hasn't happened. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Well, fichtner does not look scared. Our defense needs to tee off, and those qb sneaks may prove invaluable. I am kinda buying into the Steelers right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Let's wait and see what happens vs. the scrub teams like Jaguars, Broncos and Raiders.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Just move on to the next one. Beat the jags. Steelers just need to take care of business the next one.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    With Fournette, the Jaguars are no more scrubs than the Steelers were scrubs just because they had a crappy September. His return may be too late for them to salvage their season, but the same talent is there.

That said, it's a game the Steelers need to find a way to win. Fournette is expected to play this weekend, so he will have some work in before facing the Steelers. That should provide another good test of just how much that run defense has improved.

20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't see it happening, most likely they will get the #3 seed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Is Landry Jones gonna start against us?? Steelers rarely play well against Denver in Denver. Next 2 games not gonna be easy...

22. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    The Russian roulette comment is interesting, because it sounds like the point I’ve made about how the pats have beaten us.

The last AFCCG against them, we looked bad. But Belichick took a big risk with his strategy: go no huddle to take advantage of season (and stomach bug) fatigue, and use a receiver set all game that they’d only used 8 or so times in the season. This negated our pass rush and allowed Brady to pick holes in a confused secondary.

It was genius because it worked. But it was a risk. It could have gone wrong.

If we just look at the record and the scores, we’ll buy this idea they’re unbeatable. Interesting to see some pats fans seeing what I was seeing though.

• Like Like x 3
  23. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Let's focus on the Jag wires. Road games seem to be a winner for Steelers so far. One game at a time. Titans win will help.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Not gonna lie I’m slightly worried about jags broncos lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Steelers just moved into the #2 seed.