1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

quinten carter and david burton

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Jan 7, 2012.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    these will be the two young safeties for the broncos. burton is also questionable. i know ben would like to exploit these two but can he with that ankle giving him trouble? would we be better served instead of trying to beat them deep, just using our TE's down the seam, they don't run near as fast and the throw wouldn't be as far and brown,wallace and sanders spreading they're corners out of the way. heath and saunders could have a field day if we play it right. :cool: thoughts?

2. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    en can't plant and drive on that ankle.

3. baadbreaks

baadbreaks New Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I'de like to see us start with some quick passes to Heath. 5-10 yards. A few weeks ago, I forget which game, We did this on our opening drive and it worked real well. I think Ben will need a quarter to warm up and then He'll be alright, As long as our O-line can give him time.

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    yep and heath aint caught a pass since

5. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    See what the Saints are doing to Detroit....that is how you run an offense. 2 plays...2 throws...11 yards total, First Down. This is what we need to do in order to win.

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If Ben gets the time, and that is a big if, our wideouts will exploit these 2!

7. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The answer to your question is, Ben never uses the TE's down the seam. We haven't seen Ben use Miller since the Patriots game. Arians is not smart enough to use his TE's or short passes to his RB's out of the backfield, or RB screens. You should already know what Arians game plan will be, to throw the ball 40 times all over the yard. They will struggle in the redzone and Suisham will miss a fieldgoal.

8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Ben has a hard time getting those passes right, that's why they aren't called as much.

Just think about the Ints he's given up in the red-zone over the last few years.