1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Quiet week... Detroit here we come

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Oct 28, 2017.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Not sure how I feel about this one. Lions have lost 2 in a row, we just won 2 big games in a row, and Caldwell’s lions are 3-0 after a bye. Bad ben good ben who knows.

I do know Steelers do well in Sunday night. We are 6-0 last 6 games with a 19.5 margin of victory.

Lions are 0-5 last 5( started to go way past 2005 lol no Sunday games I guess)

So given these stats I think it’s safe to say we all know what’s coming lol.

1. Win - Tomlin is taking this season serious, and we have a legitimate shot(not just mathematically) to win it all. Probably go 12-4

2.lose - we all panic(all though we can afford this loss at least) and we say how bad Tomlin sucks. Get the bye, regroup and go 10-6.

We can use the bye to get some bodies back for the end stretch. It’s primetime, let’s hope it’s the Brown and Bell show. Lions are 8th in ppg, their D sucks but they cause turnovers so watch out.

I Can’t really formulate a game plan. Lions are desperate to keep up in their division. It’s pretty simple. Go through the motions and lose, counter their jabs and win.

It’s safe to say let’s enjoy this and hope for no injuries.

BTW where is BFT lol

2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Stafford ain't healthy hopefully the D gets on him... Keep him pressured were good. D needs to show up and they're pointing up keep it going.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Aim for his ribs

4. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I agree. If Stafford gets comfortable we lose

5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Well the way I see it is the Lions oline has given up the most sacks or something like that and we are 2nd in sacks right? With that said if we do not go into "New England" D where we rush 2-3 and play zone we should be all over Stafford. I think we feed Bell and I can see Ben going deep a few times and hitting the big play.

The last 2 weeks Ben has gotten better and I think he is due for a couple bombs for td's. I also feel like JJ will see an increase in targets and we score a lot of points tonight......at least I am hoping this all works this way lol!

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i hope we only see ben throw 25 times or less. i'd like to see 2 backs over 100. :smiley1::cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Agreed. The Lions are very good against the pass so we should be running the ball down their throats as much as possible and only passing enough to keep them honest on defense.
    On D we should be able to get in Stafford's face all game and his WRs just aren't that good.
    It's the TEs we'll really need to worry about. If we can't stay in Stafford's face and keep the TE's covered we could be in a bit of trouble.

Steelers O- Run the wheels off of Bell and Conner and be careful when we pass.
    Steelers D - Keep the pressure on and lock down the the TEs.

8. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

This is why if feel a few long bombs today, we run run run Bell then bam!!!!!!

9. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I made my weekly bet with Vegas and took the Steelers giving 3 points to the Lions. So far so good this year.

10. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Been reading lions forums. Most fans are worried and predict a loss.

Bears and jags did the same.

Offially worried

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Lions will be without their LT and WR Golladay

12. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I think Steelers win convincingly behind big performances from Bell and Conner.

• Like Like x 1