1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Quarterback Questions.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Spencer, Dec 9, 2019.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :eek:

2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Nice post about P. Lynch, yeah I had written him off but you might be right. Why do you think we will see Rudolph next game? Duck gets hurt? We're up by 30? Duck starts throwing it in the ground? Just curious.

3. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I have been predicting this since the end of the 1st Cleveland game. Mason has not been the same since the Baltimore game. More testing should have been done
    They did not allow "Cole Trickle" to get right back in a Nascar Race (Days of Thunder) Mason's brain wasn't just a little fuzzy; it was completely turned off against Baltimore.

Buffalo should be his first real test for having to go out and put points on the board. Cin, Ari, and Cle without Miles, were all easy layups.

4. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    1. I don't see the Ben we remember, and need, coming back next year. An unproven, out of shape qb named Ben Roethlisberger will most likely start for the Steelers and not be good enough to carry the team.

2. Duck has a chance to be the future of this franchise. He is interviewing for the position right now and the more games he plays this season, the better his chances are. His future with this team is literally in his hands.

3. Yes. Even if Duck balls out and takes us into the playoffs, competition never hurt anyone. And I think it's almost always better to red shirt your rookie QB's.

4. I think Duck has already begun putting the games on his shoulders. He slung quite a few 3rd down passes and moved the chains. He did it in the pocket. He did it under duress. He did it scrambling. He's ready to put a game on his shoulders. He's 3-0 with emerging skill positions. They are growing up right under him. And not once did any game seem to big for him.

Mason, unfortunately, just isn't ready for prime time. After this season's beating, literally and figuratively, he's going to need some counseling because he has to be questioning his ability and future in the NFL. He had a great run in college, but his successes ended there.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Get the flip outta here. The best view Rudolph will have of the field is with binoculars.

And who have the Bills actually beaten? They have only beaten one team over .500. They beat the Titans back in October before they caught fire. So I'm not convinced there is much at all on paper to be worried about.

Does that mean will win? No. But Duck is more than capable of throwing against the Bill secondary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Buffalo only scores 20+ a game against the weaker secondaries also.
    Giants, Bengals, Redskins, Miami twice.
    Duck has this playing at Heinz Field.

Edit: The Bills only had trouble with the Eagles in the NFC least. They have had a cupcake schedule this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    This is a game we would lose in the past. A pretender team, playing us at home while we control our own destiny late in the season. Let's hope Duck and the other youngins haven't figured that out, yet.

• Like Like x 2