1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

QB2022

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by burghfan58, Apr 16, 2022.

1. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I watched the end of the careers of many great QB's.
    Some stayed around too long.
    Johnny U, John Brodie, John Hadl, Joe Namath, etc....

Peyton Manning was so lucky to have the Bronco defense to support his last hurrah.. it was almost painful to watch passes that once zipped through the eye of the needle shredding the best defenses, now fluttering like wounded ducks.

Big Ben's last season was a season too long. He survived on his smarts as the good ones can. His arm was gone.
    His leadership was unquestionable and will be missed.
    But a Big Ben operating at 50% is still better than a lot of QB's. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not hard 2 except. For the 5000th time I agree, Ben was the worst He's ever been, but don't change the subject....So if He played so poorly why worry about taking a 1st round Wrs.....since it was all Ben's fault. I mean the line is better than last year, with more experience, the 2 main targets Wrs are still Here, and N. Harris is still here....So with all that said.....Should We not Be better on offense????
    See again its not that I don't agree with Ben playing poorly....it's with a lot that put everything that went wrong on offense ....on Ben....are now so desperately Trying 2 up everything on Offense now. I mean all I'm saying is stick 2 Your convictions....if it was all Ben's fault....With the upgraded line....We should be Way better on Offense this Year .....correct....it was all Ben's fault people?????:shrug:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m not, it was primarily Bens fault. The offense will definitely be better this season.

I have no problem making predictions ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    :thumbs_up:
    I like it. Stick with Your conviction. :thumbs_up:
    I have stuck with My Baker, Sam Darnold, and Lamar were not worth 1st round picks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I think Trubisky will be our starter. MR does not impress me at all. I really have not seen anything that makes me think he can give us a chance to be a contender.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    My original point was that I think Mason could have done 22tds and 10ints in a 17 game season. Then everything blew up from there haha.

I don't blame everything on Ben, because there was a lot that went wrong last season.
    Our offense was predictable, Ben couldn't throw deep, our receivers were inconsistent, our center was getting trucked weekly, and we kept pitching the ball back 5 yards to gain 3yards on runs.

Also, defenses loading up LOS because we're not a pass threat is a problem for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I understood trying the comeback after the surgery, but it reminded me of Troy. His last season was painful to watch, he should have ended it a year earlier...yet wanted one more year and they said no. They really should have told Ben it was time. Hard to say that to a legend, but it was time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Everyone sitting around thinking Mason is gonna have some breakout year or something......I think you're gonna be terribly disappointed...He has never passed the eye test and has at best been very average.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    since we are looking for a third QB, Roland Rivers should get an invite this summer, his twitter says "free agent QB"

• Like Like x 1
  10. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017

• Like Like x 1
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Mason got his chance against Detroit, I doubt he could've led the team to 9 wins, and the playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I wasn’t making excuses. The original post I responded to said with improved line play either MT or MR should be able to play better than Ben did. All I was saying was, if Ben had a better line, he would’ve been better too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Per se yes

But it wouldn’t have made his ability to throw a good pass any better than my wife

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We should sign Your wife then.
    Since Ben's last (worst) year is still almost as good as Trubisky best.:shrug:

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m being snide here but the actual last pass Ben threw in his career was less than what my wife could throw. My wife isn’t very good. His last pass was horrible.

Im being pretty nit picky here

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I may be drunk(I am), but I like this interview. Never once have I pulled for this kid, but now I am.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Unless....Trubisky is better than what He was in Chicago....I think Mason is better.
    I pray Pickett is Better than all of them.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Honestly, and it's probably the biggest allure of this season, I have no idea what to expect. An 11-6 season wouldn't surprise me, nor would a 6-11 season .

It's the great unknown right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Honestly except for the few elite teams many franchises are on that position. So many games won or lost with a last minute fg the league is that tight. I do not think the Bengals were elite, yet we're good enough to take a lot of those close games into the playoffs and win a couple of those pt games to get to the SB..and could have won there. Im.not saying the Steelers ate there, but enough quirky stuff happens that an 11-6 record is possible...as is a 6-11 lol.

• Agree Agree x 1