1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

QB Question

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Born2Steel, Jun 30, 2024.

1. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    IF....The Steelers could make a change right now, which 'AVAILABLE TO SIGN OR TRADE' QB would you rather have than Russell Wilson/Justin Fields/Kyle Allen?

Not already franchise QB for some other team. Someone that is still a free agent or could be possible to get in trade.

Curious where thoughts on this goes.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Specifically who is out of the equation.....If I said CJ Stroud would You say I can't use Him....I mean anyone could be traded for the right price....except maybe Mahomes

3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Mitch Trubisky!!!!! :puking 5:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    Specifically any QB that is already the franchise QB for their team. Yes, CJ Stroud would currently be eliminated from contention. I don't think 'any QB could be traded for the right price', and that's what I'm asking about. There are QBs still in FA, there are QBs that they and their team are no longer 'in love'.
    I think Russ will be good for us in 2024. Not sure his value after that though. I do not think Justin Fields is the answer at all. I'm just looking for a QB. I wonder if any of you here have QBs in mind you would trade for, or sign from FA.

5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Interesting sticking this thread in the Watercooler section. It's more Steeler related than many threads/posts in that forum. :hmm:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    Next year we'll have Shadeur Sanders as our 1st round QB pick. Most teams around the league right now have young up and coming rookie studs, or established franchise QBs. Won't be a lot of teams jumping up in the draft after these guys.

There's US
    Maybe the Jets?
    Broncos if Zach Wilson craps the bed maybe.
    Let's see how high the Raiders stay on O'Connell
    The Seahawks may choose to move on from Geno and/or Howell.

That's about it, and mostly maybes. Not a bad year to go into the draft needing a QB.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    For the win…. Spencer Rattler

• Like Like x 1
  8. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    No thank you to Sanders.

9. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    You want to let the season play out first?

10. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Apparently you don’t, we will take Sanders as noone else needs a qb, which is fine , I didnt criticize you. But, i say no thanks and its …let the season play out.:shrug:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    Didn't mean that as criticism.

I have an awful track record picking QBs. I like Sanders as a QB and I think he will make a good NFL QB. We'll see.

Like every season, my opinions at the start are not representative of what they may be at the end.

This discussion will get much more interesting and entertaining as the 2024 season plays out.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    You maybe right about Sanders, Im just not into him.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    As was pointed out to me elsewhere, the Broncos drafted Bo Nix. Cross them off that list of teams in competition for a QB next draft. Also, I forgot the Seahawks just gave Geno a 3yr $75M extension. And the Jets drafted Travis out of FSU. Outside chance we are 1 of 2 teams vying for a QB. If O'Connell pans out for the Raiders, we could be the only team in the NFL without a legit starting QB under contract. Khan really is a genius!

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I will definitely need to see more of him before I jump either way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    JMO, but I would bet who should go 1st as a Qb in college will change by the season end, and also who will need a Qb in the NFL.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    I do not disagree. I can only speculate on it from today though.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    I keep pressing my luck on wanting Rattler! Im gonna get banned:roflmao::eek::roflmao:

18. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    No we'll wait until the Steelers draft him and he stinks up the joint;)

19. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Average QBs making $50 million will make players coming out of the draft more valuable. I expect to see more than 1 or 2 teams going for a QB next season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Did someone say Mason Rudolph or Kenny Picket yet??? :)

21. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Even if Wilson has an amazing season, Steelers better draft a QB with first pick.

I sure as hell want Wilson to have a banner season. I just don't want the Steelers to think he's their guy for the next 2-3 years. Wilson would be great as a back-up for a few more years???

22. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Generally when you are not a Steeler I don't follow you closely anymore but those 2 will have my attention for a few years. Living in Eagle land I really want Kenny to have to play part of the season. And I'd love one of those games to be against us. I wish Mason all the success in the world as long as it has no bearing on the Steelers.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    I agree. My post was a bit 'tongue-in-cheek'. But...If you look around the league almost every team has either a franchise QB already or a young rookie 'stud' that they have a lot of confidence in moving forward. Obviously QBs will still have their draft value. I'm just thinking the Steelers may be one of 2-3 teams in NEED of a QB.

24. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    I'm in that boat as well. I would love to see Russ win another ring and retire at the end of this season. The Steelers draft a 1st round QB and everything just keeps rolling successfully. Hanging onto older guys just a bit too long is sorta our style though.

• Like Like x 2
  25. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The prime circus alone is enough for me to say no

• Like Like x 1