1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

QB Prospects

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by DukeDukeDaDaDa, Mar 31, 2021.

1. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Apparently Mike Sullivan was spotted at Mac Jones workout, which is a waste of time, he'll probably be gone top 10.

But scouts also in contact with Kellen Mond from Texas A&M whom I never heard of. Good chance you would think Steelers take this guy in higher rounds if available.

2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I have seen a few "Old" mock drafts where the Steelers take Jones, but I now believe like you that all the top QBs will be gone by the time we select in the 1st.

Still need a 4th camp arm, and possible practice squad QB, so I can see the Steelers bringing in an undrafted rookie QB. Haskins vs Dobbs for the #3 spot?

I have not heard anything about Dobbs, other than working with NASA this year.

3. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I think Dobbs is already gone...He was a FA

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    As of right now.. Ben, Mason, and Haskins are the only 3 QB's under contract

5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Unless he is determining if he is worth trading up to get? I find it hard to believe we would go after a QB after signing Ben on for another year and all the other positions to fill yet. Nothing surprises me anymore so who knows. Lots of Green Bay fans pissed off about using a 1st rd pick for a QB to sit and rot behind Rogers last year.

6. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I don't know why they'd waste even a high round pick on a QB for just a camp arm. What's Paxton Lynch's phone number?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    They'll sign a couple UDFA's...A couple St.Pierre types...They do every year, just to sling the ball so the WR's get their reps...And you're not overusing your " real " QB's

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Well i have heard and read that the crop of QB's next year is not very good and that this year is where to grab one if you need one.

9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I wish Brian St. Pierre was a UDFA. I still can't believe we wasted a pick on that bum.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I really hope the Steelers pass on the QBs this year. They already tied themselves to Ben for this year. There are to many other areas of concern to address. They already have a 3rd round and a former 1st round picks on the roster. Go with what you got for this year, and then reevaluate the position in 22'.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Agreed...I have said this a few times, and it's just my opinion but...NEXT year, I would like them to use the 1st round pick on a QB AND, sign a stopgap ( Fitzmagic, Mariotta ) type...

Ben will be retired ( we think ) very good shape with the Cap, and ready to move on to the rebuild/ transformation of the team...

Give it one last hoorah this year, regroup...And hopefully find the next Ben...With money to spend, and the wherewithal to surround him with good, young talent...and not rush him at the same time

12. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm not sold on any of the qbs including Lawrence.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I suppose if Ben has a fantastic year they can entertain the idea of signing him for another season but otherwise, it’s an easy departure, won’t have to cut him.

I’m fairly sure this is Bens last season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    I feel like I’m the only one pleased with having a year of Rudolph and Haskins developing behind Ben. We have more pressing needs than a QB that, at best, is our backup. I’d prefer to just evaluate Haskins/Rudolph at season’s end, see what we’ve got, and go from there. If Newman or Mond are there in the 6th, sure, why not I guess

I don’t think Kellen Mond is the answer, personally. Draft RB, TE, OT, C, CB, DT, EDGE, ILB before anything

• Like Like x 1
  15. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    There is talent in all of them, but many red flags as well. If the old adage of 50% bust in first round is correct (who knows), this year that % could go a lot higher, especially is all of them go as high as predicted.

16. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I agree all have talent. But plenty of question marks. Lawrence of course has the least concerns but I don't look at him as slam dunk like everyone makes him out to be. The guy that was at clemson before him was a far more slam dunk than i think Lawrence is but they picked Trubisky over him.

17. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    The only feasible option that I would be content with the Steelers going with is Kellen Mond from Texas A&M as he not only is a very enticing mid round option for development not just in terms of his experience, arm talent, athleticism, pocket presence, pocket poise, good processing and careful management of the football but also his potential as well. While it will take some fine tuning overall in terms of the more finite aspects of his game, Mond definitely has the traits to be a very good NFL Quarterback should all go well. Keep in mind though that the keyword is "should" as very seldom do such circumstances end up that way for players.

That said, having a College Offensive Mind in Matt Canada along with a dedicated QB Coach in Mike Sullivan (an experienced one at that) will leave Kellen Mond in better standing than without. Jamie Newman was also recently being reported to have met up with the Steelers via Zoom Call as well. As I stated before though, of the two, Mond is the better pick.

18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

I hope not, he sat out last season, and he looked bad at the Senior Bowl.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
  20. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Based on what, holding a clipboard?

• Like Like x 1
  21. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    You know they are both free agents at the end of the season. There is no 5th year option for Rudolph.

22. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I disagree. I think if they can get him in Round 3 or 4 it's a no brainer.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Still with a chance 2 start here , or backup somewhere else. IMO .
    I believe he'll stay.

24. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I do not want Mond in round 1. round 3 would be ok. He's got a better arm than Rudolph and more upside. But he's still a project at this point. I started a thread talking about people putting Mond to the Steelers in round 1. No thanks

25. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    The only way the Steelers take a QB in round 1 is if a guy like Wilson gets Aaron Rodger'd and drops to them, which wont' happen.