1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

QB in First?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Steel4Blood, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    What was Joe Burrow before the 2019 season?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Justin fields is a top 2-3 pick.

3. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    I'm ready for the Steelers to try a smart, boring, efficient QB like this. He also has good pocket presence, something Mason lacks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Depends who you talk too. ;) I was telling this board about him when he was a soph. or before. I remember him in hs. He was good then. Urban blew it with him. I never was a big fan of myer. I'm kind of curious about book from ND. His size is his downfall. The kid is a gamer. I've never been real gone of ND qbs but he just had something to me. Trask, book, mond. I think any of them could be pretty good down the road. At least the guys I think will be available to us.:cool:

5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I look for the Steelers to go for NC QB next year.

6. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    How many first/second round picks would you be comfortable giving up for the Steelers to move up to a top 2 or 3 pick(what it will likely take to draft Howell)? Considering, because we have a quality franchise, we will be picking outside of the top 10 for the 100th year in a row.

On a side note, this is why I find teams like the Falcons so offensive. In just the Ryan era, if you take their best 6 seasons vs the 6 worst, it's an offensive joke. In their best 6 they averaged 11.3 wins per season. Three of the best seasons were in the first four of Ryans career btw. It's not like they spent years developing him. In their 6 worst they averaged 5.5 wins per season. Are you sh**ing me? Over 6 seasons with a "franchise" QB, and you average 5.5 wins? That's pathetic. And obviously leads top multiple top 10 selections, even though you've already got a franchise QB. Ryan has thrown for over 4000 yds 10 different seasons in his career.

The Steelers can't suck bad enough to finish with a top 10 pick, no matter who the QB is. Not for nothing but I wouldn't mind the NFL going to a lottery system. You weight it obviously, but I think every non playoff team should have at least a chance for some blue chippers once in awhile.

Just cause our floor is much higher than most doesn't mean we couldn't use a blue chipper to help us become a top contender occasionally. Too much talent is wasted on crap organizations and not enough reaches the better franchises.

7. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I have to disagree with this as the 5 best lifetime QB's in the league right now were all not Top 10 draft picks.

#1 Tom Brady, Patriots #199 Overall

#2 Aaron Rodgers, Packers #24 Overall

#3 Drew Brees, Saints #32 Overall

#4 Ben Roethlisberger #11 Overall

#5 Russell Wilson, Seahawks #75 Overall

Only Ben went in the top 50% of the Draft!

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m actually starting to think the Steelers won’t take a Qb in any round this year.

They will bring in a vet possibly and see how Haskins develops and then make a decision in next years draft if Ben hangs it up.

It’s going to be tough for me watching them pass up on a couple QB’s I think could be franchise guys if they are there when they pick.

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Start looking in 2022 then. Tyler Slough, JT Daniels, Dustin Crum, Desmond Ridder and Phil Jurkovec are a small list of names I would get antiquated with if I were you. Hopefully though Haskins somehow, someway turns it all around.

Him panning out helps in a big way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I wouldn't say that it's likely that he does, but I think his chances are much better than many think.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Rivera was talking about him on a podcast, says he needs to commit himself 100%. Said some players don’t understand just how much when they enter the league, said if the light goes on, has the talent to be special. That’s not verbatim but the gist of it.

Without the distractions he had in Washington and knowing this could be his last chance, maybe he can turn it around.

• Like Like x 3
  12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    brock purdy. iowa state.:smiley1::cool:

13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't look for Steelers to take a QB this year. I look for them to be all in next year on the NC QB though.

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i could see us get an UDFA. they were at northwestern pro day. peyton ramsey? NW actually has quite a few prospects in this draft from CB, OT, LBers, QB. all of whom may be looked at during or after the draft. they were at arkansas st. as well. NT forrest merrill? WR jonathan adams jr.? i'm still holding out some hope for ian book from notre dame as maybe an UDFA we may bring in after the draft. :cool:

15. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    For some reason I still have hopes that Dwayne Haskins' career can be brought around. I'm not saying I'm going all in on him because he obviously has some issues and Tomlin may be the wrong guy to correct those off field issues. But the raw talent is there. Good chance he's cut during training camp but man if it works out it could be a good thing

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I also do not think the Steelers will be drafting a QB this year. I also doubt they will be bringing in a vet. I think the Steelers are a lot higher on Mason Rudolph that the rest of us are. I think Haskins winds up as the number 3 QB.

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I was just going by what Rooney said. If they do, then they aren’t as high on Mason as the media likes to report.

18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    being high on mason and keeping mason next year may be part of the thinking not just how much they think of him. bringing in a draft pick or an UDFA makes sense. he would be the only guy left under contract for next year. :cool:

19. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I think we're all hoping against hope that he can make a turn around. He's only 23 for heaven's sake. Sure, he's not a really mobile QB but his arm is quite ridiculous. I don't need a runner, I need a QB. If he could turn it around to even be a top 10-15 QB, he could save the Steelers years.

• Agree Agree x 1