1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

QB Battle

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, May 24, 2022.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It’s the goto for people to try and discredit a good performance, “oh they are playing against guys who will be packing groceries”. I’ve pointed out a few times now that teams have been leaving their starters in longer than usual this preseason.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    OK guys Kenny Pickett who I watched play 5 years at Pitt (Pitt Alum) is the next Dan Marino because he’s played well in a couple preseason games. Got it.

I did watch the first game and he was throwing check downs in the fourth quarter against Seattles backups. Once again I like Kenny a hell of a lot more than Mitchell Trubisky but some of the talk on here….amazing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. HueyWorley

HueyWorley Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    DREW PLITT

4. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    When you see pre-seasons highlights and they’re all Mason and Pickett, it makes you go hmmm…

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Agreed.
    Even the guys calling the game said....most of the starters are in when Pickett scored on Jacksonville....,and they are Jacksonville announcers.

6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Who here referred to him as the next Dan Marino? People are encouraged by what they have seen so far.

At times, he takes what the defense gives him. That is a good thing. It took Roethlisberger years to learn it.

If you really watched his entire career at Pitt, you know he can do a hell of a lot more than throw check downs.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    People are excited for the future.
    Thanks captain buzz kill.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Well there is a thread saying Kenny>Ben and if you read some of the posts in this thread people are over the top because of a few pre season series.

I like Kenny Pickett he was unbelievable last season. I’m also realistic and realize he has flaws that could hinder him ever becoming a solid QB1. Hopefully the kid becomes a star I’m simply laughing at people saying that after watching him play the Seahawks practice squad or the Jaguars first team for a couple series he is going to be “special” Sheesh.

9. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    before the final preseason game this is where I stand concerning QB battle:

Trubisky is not the starting QB week 1. He needs a smooth QB1 first quarter to start week 1. If he converts a few first downs and does not throw any int's than he will start week 1. If not than Pickett could very well start week 1 if the following happens: Trubisky does not convert first downs and/or throws an interception or interceptions 2) Pickett plays as well as he has payed in the last two preseason games (over 130 QBR)

I guess what I am saying is that this next preseason game cld determine a lot. Not rooting against any one, we'll see how it goes.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I started the Kenny>Ben thread and stated in the OP that it was clickbait and done quite tongue in cheek. The point I was making in the thread was that Kenny seemed to better at leading the receiver allowing for more YAC. I did not say that Kenny is a greater quarterback than Ben, that would be a ridiculous assertion to make at this point in Kenny’s career.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Except no one said that but you but it is undeniable that Pickett has looked good.

Would it be better if he has played like **** so far???

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    To me, Cowherd is in the same league as Jim Rome, just less irritating. I don't pay attention to either one of them. Or Bayless and Sharpe.

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    You're claim was to discredit Pickett based upon him playing against backups; which was a false claim. I never said that Jacksonville has a good defense. Just a young defense; the same defense that had Mitch running for his life.

And this is what makes everything about you disingenuous AF. Who in the effff said that Pickett will be the next Marino based upon a few preseason games. All I said is that Pickett is doing everything asked of him and is succeeding; and all you're doing is moving goal posts and not even watching games. Frankly, it doesn't even matter who starts week one and for all I know Pickett will be a bust. I've been critical of Pickett myself these past 8 months and didn't even want the Steelers to draft him.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I only read the beginning of the thread. I thought it was more a comparison of Pickett to the Roethlisberger we saw the last two seasons, not the Hall of Famer he had been.

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Pickett still has a lot to prove, but he has done everything asked of him so far.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Of course not. I’m done with this topic because obviously I am in the wrong for stating I wouldn’t get overly excited about a few pre season series.

Mitch is not the answer and that will be painfully obvious soon enough however with possibly the worst OL in the league he is still the way to go at this time. The only QB out of the 3 that could be a legitimate NFL starter is Kenny and hopefully he pans out but we can’t get him killed year 1 or we will be spinning our wheels for years to come. In my opinion you need to build an O Line which is the foundation before you draft Rd1 RBs or reach on a Rd 1 QB.

16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Bayless and Sharpe are nothing but Cowboys, Brady and Lakers. That show is unwatchable/unlistenable.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Simple math
    8+2=10

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This... I stopped watching(listening)2 years ago because of exactly that.

19. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    I can not for the life of me understand why anyone would watch those two dildo's. Just TV trash at it's finest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Beerburgh

Beerburgh Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2022
    Of course I'm biased, but Pickett's upside looks better than Mac Jones from my view.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
  21. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Cowherd's broadcasting is fundamentally great. However, and I've said this for years, Cowherd is so full of himself these days, he yells his own name when he climaxes during sex.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Who's Picot's?

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Jean Luc Picot

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  24. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    He's a great Chef, I hear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. stangboy06

stangboy06 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    So by all means let’s not have Pickett play with the first stringers and have Trubisky out there the whole first half we solved absolutely nothing we got one yard Benny out there with Pickett

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1