1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

QB Battle

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, May 24, 2022.

1. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    WTF are you talking about? His game winning TD in the 1st Preseason game was a throw on the right side.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    That WR isn't even close to being open. You completely made that up.

He meant the other right

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    There was talk about Kenny red shirting his first year. Thats not going to happen. At this rate, he may be the opening day starter.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Beerburgh

Beerburgh Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2022
  5. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I'm just happy that i'm starting to get excited about KP. Both the big pass to Muth and the(called back)TD to DJ were both short armed fade away throws as he was about to get punched in the mouth. I really loved that.

He moves great. I don't want to hear anymore about arm strength. Will his hand size be an issue in a January snow game? Don't know. All I do know is that I'm starting to feel optimistic about the future.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    It's crazy man. Before the first preseason game I was completely open to him redshirting; hell, even today I still am. He even looks better than he did in college, which is saying something. The reason for my dm last week was to get you to walk me from the ledge. It's unbelievable that's Kenny P is a feasible Day 1 starter, and I'm someone that doesn't want rookie QBs to start Day 1. Kenny P has that potential to be very special.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I don't think I'll know who our best QB is until well into the season. Whoever starts the season, if they do well, then we'll know when that happens. If whoever starts the season does poorly, we'll see who replaces him and how they do. If #2 does well, then we'll know. If #2 screws up as well, then we'll see how the next QB does and if he does well, then we'll know. If they all suck and we rotate QB's in and out trying to figure out who gives us hope, then it won't matter. Practice games aren't real games so I will initially say that our best QB will be the one the coaches start against Cincy. JMO>

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am sure you all know that Kenny P. has been working
    with a highly qualified QB guru in NJ for over 4 years, I have read articles that Kenny P
    has a really high football IQ. I have watched him all his Pitt career, he is going to make some mistakes
    but he has a good work ethic and will work to improve his abilities.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I can't believe the Lions game is on CBS. Thought for sure I'd have to watch that one on NFL+.

• Like Like x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Bill Simmons said on his podcast the Steelers should get Jimmy G if the 49ers release him :facepalm:, even if Trubisky struggled, they would turn to Pickett first.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    “…there’s going to be an adjustment period and growing pains along the way.”
    I’d sit Pickett until we are past that adjustment period. No sense throwing the No. 1 pick out there to get injured or killed. And why would anyone put in a system that’s only effective against power rushes and bull rushes?

12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

Since you like to hate on Trubisky so much :shrug:.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Again....I don't hate anyone. I know that's hard for some 2 understand.
    So ....Ben , Brady Bradshaw, both Mannings , John Elway, Brett F, and many other Superbowl winning Qbs have thrown pick 6s.....So what the Hell does this prove?:shrug: LoL

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I hope He starts.
    For some reason this makes Me a Trubisky hater. I don't want them 2 get rid of Him, or Rudolph....they are great backup/emergency plans.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Here's another. And it's from an analysis from a former QB/current QB coach.

"Look at his helmet stripe....hold that thing TO THE RIGHT...."

• Like Like x 1
  16. Beerburgh

Beerburgh Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2022

Good stuff. I mean how stupid are some to say he's staring his receiver down? Just goofy.

17. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I mean, your posts regarding Mitch have been negative since the moment they signed him. It honestly makes no difference to me who starts week 1. I want the guy starting that gives us the best chance of winning, whether it be Mitch, Kenny or Mason. Kenny will probably take the job and never look back at some point.

• Like Like x 2
  18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    It doesn't prove anything, I just posted it to mess with you, since you bash him all the time :shrug:.

• Like Like x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I thought it was dumb signing, but I don't hate Him.
    I just happen 2 watch Chicago when Steelers aren't playing....Since 70% of My family is from there, and live there 2 this day.
    Doesn't Mean I hate Him...., and I'm glad He's now on the team with Mason they both can make great backup, and emergency Qbs....with covid, and injuries.....We may need all 3.

21. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  22. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I am hoping Kenny Pickett is the starter since he is our future and first round draft pick. However, if we are going to use a bridge guy I am rooting for Mason as he has stepped up in every aspect of his play and played better than Mitch Trubisky. I felt all along bringing in Trubisky was to push Mason to compete rather than just be handed the job. Mason has responded exactly so. It just seems Mitch Trubisky is the one handed the job and forgetting he needed to compete for it.

• Like Like x 3
  23. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    While this is an impressive stat, he has one more game. I hope he maintains it.

24. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I hope whoever is our starting QB that the OL doesn't get them hurt or our Rb's.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    The more I think about this the more spot on I think you are. If it was a true QB competition, you would think Rudolph would at least get to start one of the preseason games with all of the starters.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1