1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

QB Battle

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, May 24, 2022.

1. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Once again you can’t seemingly stay on course. I never said Pickett would suck I said he was drafted too early. Fact. Go to bed you are drunk.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Definitely

• Like Like x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Actually, they do care about his entire resume, not just what they see in the preseason. Tomlin actually cited their resumes when he said that Trubisky would be the starter if there were a meaningful game this weekend.

If you don't care, why have you been arguing the point for days? I certainly don't mind. It hasn't been hard poking holes in your arguments. There really have been some terrible arguments in Rudolph's favor on this thread, though not all of them by you. You were the one who said do a good job of not posting misleading things, but I come close. Given that you failed to back that up, too, I guess it just means you don't like how I phrase my arguments when you disagree with them?

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I totally remember....I was sick 2 My stomach at first. LOL.....about 6 games later....I was like...:clap:

• Like Like x 1
  5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    If Pickett doesn't start. It was a bad pick. He doesn't have off the wall talent you're waiting to develop like Willis you pick him because he's supposed to be ready to go now.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You sound like the Jets fans making idiots of themselves today, which is no surprise. Actually, you are worse. You are talking about giving up on the guy before he even throws a pass in a preseason game.

No, it's not a bad pick if he's not starting day one. That's a foolish narrative being pushed by people who disagreed with the selection and are desperately searching for a reason to declare victory prematurely.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm still waiting for some of you to look more closely at the statistics from last night's preseason games. I knew we would hear about Willis, but nothing about Ridder? Also, there is one more guy who shined last night and I can't believe nobody mentioned it yet.

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. OK.
    :thumbs_up:
    You are funny sometimes. You talk about comprehension....You just read the parts you want 2 is what it looks like 2 Me.
    :lolol:

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Like most mobile Qbs He took off when He didn't have 2.

10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Unfortunately, I subjected myself to the whole thing.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Willis is incredibly raw, using him as a barometer for Trubisky makes no sense.

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I didn't....almost all rookie Qbs(athletic or not) tend 2 run when they don't have 2. It's just MOST of the really athletic ones tend 2 never get past that. You know this.....You are just arguing.....Well....because You like 2 argue. It's cool with Me.

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Actually, you did. There are far too many examples of athletic quarterbacks who did grow past it for your point to be valid.

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    You feel better now? Good. I could care less what you think actually. yet you keep harping. Dear Lord give it a rest. You are so irritating. Nobody cares what you think or how right you think you are. Your cadence is quite tiring. :smiley1::cool:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  15. Beerburgh

Beerburgh Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2022
    Vintage Rudolph. Shuffle the feet in the pocket, make a terrible decision and should have been picked.

Anybody that hasn't seen enough of him is coo coo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    For cocoa puffs.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  17. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I liked all the qbs tonight

The training wheels were on but Pickett surprised me. Nice game young man.

HACK

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

• Like Like x 4
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  19. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    I say play Pickett full game next week. Lets see if he can rack up points, like 30 at least.
    The other two guys don't need playing time.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Beerburgh

Beerburgh Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2022
    Comes down to decision making for Pickett. Checks every other box. Tomlin looks alive for the first time in a long time. He knows and he likes life without Ben IMO.

• Informative Informative x 1
  21. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Naw we need to see how WR, FB, TE do. Plus i still say sit pickett for the year to learn. There's truly no reason for him to start.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    I wouldn't say it like that. O think he's happy to see the entire team clicking with each other.

Clearly trubisky training with a lot of players in his Florida home did a lot of good. Rufolph really studied the playbook really deep. And pickett wasn't afraid to take hits, do a 2 minute drill, go for 2.

23. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Justin Fields sure as hell would love a mulligan right now. Still feel horrible on how Trevor Lawrence's was though. To say it was a disaster is nothing but a slap in the face to the term itself.

Just... oof...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. cboath

cboath Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Trubisky was picked so that whomever they got in the draft would not have to start out of the gate. Just like Ben wasn't supposed to start til year 2. Now, while they didn't reveal exactly what was said in the conversation, Trubisky has said in an interview that he was told when he was signing there was a good chance they'd take a qb in the draft (don't recall if he said R1 or what). So, there was clearly a plan there. Nothing tonight says you change that plan either.

• Like Like x 1
  25. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    We want to see Full Game from Pickett! And then another!

• Like Like x 1