1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

QB Battle

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Maybe. Teams also knew we were going to have to cut one of them. If LJ ends up nowhere, your point will be proven. But the context probably played a part in trade offers etc.

I wonder if it will come out in the next few weeks whether trade offers were entertained or not...

2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yes but if you were a team who thought highly enough of LJ that you wanted to bring him in as your back up QB ,why wouldn't you invest a 7th round pick in him to ensure no one beat you to the punch...

3. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017
    He would always have had more value to the Steelers than any other team, simply by virtue of knowing our system and playbook.

4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    True. but then I guess our perceived value of him = cut.

5. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017
    As I wrote on another thread, I think the way Dobbs played on Thursday was just too much to ignore, and closed the gap between he and Landry's ability to win now. Landry may still give them a slightly better chance, but Dobbs' upside was just too much to let go. Not to mention Dobbs presence might push Rudolph just a little bit harder, and that is a good thing. No doubt it's a gamble, but a calculated one, and one that looks far better now than it did last Wednesday.

• Agree Agree x 1