1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Put the "official" board to sleep!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by rutan74, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah I had a brainfart and didn't give them the site info... so I had to send another with it pasted.

Edit* Cru Jones and freakfontana are with us. I'm hittin but I ain't quittin.. :grin:

2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
  3. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    Welcome freak. This board rocks thanks to TerribleTowelFlying!!

4. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i can put my picture too... nice .thanx

5. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Hey Freak. welcome.

This is much cosier huh? :grin:

BMan

6. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Keep it coming guys!

It is refreshing to see that many are coming over and joining. Maybe when the last few will notice that the lights need to be turned off, they won't need a flashlight to get here.

We all should strive to make this board 100 times better than the official board. Maybe in the long run the organization will realize the merits of a message board and work to make it worthy of the Steelers themselves.

Of course, I am beginning to think that the Steelers want no part of a message board. In our P.C. society, they probably don't want the hassle of playing message board police and this is their way of dealing with it.

Can't say that I blame them with the thought of lawsuits due to what was said on their message board.

It is better to have an independent site anyway in my opinion.

rutan

7. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    For 2-3 weeks now I've tried to post on the official board and still can't. I'm done with it! Deleted it out of my favorites and added this board today! :drinks:

8. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    Glad to see you made it hear Gamecock. I just said Gamecock with no stupid message about bad language. Life is good.

9. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Can`t blame ya, Gamecock!
    Heck, it wouldn`t even let me type your username, without getting warned about profanity! :roflmao:
    (Or Dick LeBeau, or fundamentals, or embarassed, or...) ;-)
    Anyhow, welcome aboard, and enjoy!
    Seems much better...
    Gonna take me a while to catch up on the new luxuries, as I`m not all that `puter saavy,
    But I know I will enjoy it much more, and not be frustrated by the frequent "crashes"! :D (Knock on wood)
    Thanks, Again Towel! :clapping:

10. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Really happy to see more and more from the O-boards coming over. Keep spreading the word!

:swordsman: :superman: :write: :wizard: :drinks:

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I just checked in on the other board to see if it's still breathing, down to just a few heart beats. I saw beastly asking what the big secret is, don't tell him! :rotfl:

I haven't seen gummys name mentioned on the other board, have to get a page out to him too.

12. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    I just checked in on the other board to see if it's still breathing, down to just a few heart beats. I saw beastly asking what the big secret is, don't tell him! :rotfl:

I haven't seen gummys name mentioned on the other board, have to get a page out to him too.[/quote:2nmyknja]
    I already PM'd gummy and just about anyone you can think of. Left a post telling anyone that if I missed them to PM me.

As for beastly, :blush: I already PM'd him. Call me crazy but he's entertaining from time to time.

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I already PM'd gummy and just about anyone you can think of. Left a post telling anyone that if I missed them to PM me.

As for beastly, :blush: I already PM'd him. Call me crazy but he's entertaining from time to time.[/quote:1ms3pgm1]

Just kidding about beastly, I just like beating him up now and then :blackeye:

Cool about Gummy, hope we get them all over. :thumbsup:

14. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
  15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    A test??? :eek: I havent even studied :rotfl:

16. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Sorry freak but your not allowed to test on this site

Bman

17. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    You're a Steeler fan! You're supposed to always be ready. :p

18. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Hey Gamecock, Welcome aboard. :drinks:

19. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    That's totally cool. Anybody's welcome here. It should be known that we are less patient with troll-i-ness, though. :club: :lolol:

[​IMG]

20. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Beastly is fine when he applies himself. He acted like a moron for a few months, but once he realized he was the least popular person on the board he changed his ways. I'm fine with him as long as he doesn't revert to the old beastly. :roll:

21. Steel Buckeye

Steel Buckeye Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Hey fellow official message boarders, I'm glad i saw the thread about this place today over at the other board. Tried posting something only to find out there is no post button. Looks like I'm hanging out here now

22. numbah58

Oct 16, 2011
    Welcome to the MB for the fans by the fans. I think you'll really like it!

23. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Welcome. We're trying to spread the word without being too obnoxious about it. Numbah has been working overtime.

The next step will be to make an actual thread - no subtlety anymore - for that last push. Our goal is to get everyone from there over here. That place is a sinking ship. This is a tropical island. :cool:

24. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Did deljzc leave the official board before all this happened? He had his own blog on the steelers I know...

25. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree with Rutan 100%. Put that board to sleep. For Christ sakes, it is not even linked from the Steelers official web site anymore. What does that say about the board. I haven't been able to post for more then a year now. Thats rediculous. I have no loyalty to that board at all. I will be where I can post my opinion and thoughts with no problems. In America jack, you take your business to whoever offers you the best service. If your service is lousy then you are S. O. L.!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.