1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pump the brakes on Rudolph worship

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, May 10, 2018.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Has a wonderful chance to learn and succeed in near future.

2. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I ran into an old draft prediction that had him as the 3rd best QB in the whole draft. :shrug:

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That's what so strange about the whole draft and people's reaction. For a couple of years now board members have talked about drafting Ben's successor but that wasn't going to happen outside of bundling a talented player and draft picks to move into the top ten and if it did you'd almost have to question the wisdom of the move. So here we have a case of a QB heavy class of first round talent and teams needing it. A guy like Mason could have been the 2nd or 3rd taken if any of the other 4 stay in school or choose a career other than football. So they catch a heck of a deal getting first round talent in the third by moving a troubled but talented player who my gut says might not make it. I can't imagine a scenario that would be better.

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Wasn’t Ben also ranked around third? Too long ago to dust off that brain cell for me.

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    To the headline of this thread; pump the brakes? You are not supposed to pump the brakes on an ABS system.

ABS( Aging Ben Successor) :smiley1::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    They had Eli as the top pick, and Ben either the 2 or 3 QB to be drafted, the browns passed on him for winslow with their 6 pick, what a break for us.....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1