1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

PSU vs Pitt

Discussion in 'College Football Talk' started by SteelCity_NB, Sep 10, 2016.

1. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    How great is this game? 4 mins to go, Pitt up by 3.

2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes indeed - HTP - and largest attendance ever at a Pittsburgh sporting event 69,000+. And every one of them got their moneys worth. And I thought Narduzzi was a defense guy. Sure was getting deja vu all over again - like a few of those Notre Dame games the past several years. Love that little Quadray Henderson dude - looks a lot like Dri Archer...oh wait. Hope they saved some in the tank for OS next week.

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think all you guys know I am a Pitt Man, I am elated on beating PSU. Both teams have a long way to go to compete in championships in their
    respective conferences. I am disappointed in Pitt's defense so far in the Pat Narduzzii era, I think he should have them playing better.

4. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Hopefully Conner is back on his way to being like he was in 2014.

Curious, amongst those living in Pittsburgh and surrounding area, what's the % of Pitt fans vs % of Penn St fans?

5. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    50 /50 State College is only 100 miles from PGH. Lots of PSU grads living in the Pgh area.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The Panthers are probably the bottom of the fandom totem pole too huh? I've always wondered that.

7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Being surrounded by the likes of the Steelers, Penguins and Pirates in comparison to being surrounded by nothing in the form of Penn State definitely mitigates Pitt's ability to advertise their brand..

... that and Jon Pederson as a head coach mutilating a legacy.

8. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    This is a pro town no doubt about it, but if Narduzzi can build a winner the fans will come back.
    Steve Pederson ruined Pitt Football, and the coaching carousel they have had to over come has been an up hill
    battle. There is only so much entertainment/spendable income to go around in our small metropolitan area of
    about 2.8 million.