1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Proud of the front office and coaching staff

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Jul 23, 2012.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Last year at this time I was worried about how old we were getting. Now with great drafting and great decisions on the older players, we look good at almost every position. Just proves we don't rebuild, we reload. Thanks to the best organization in football

2. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree with you wrote, but it sounds like there are going to be a lot of tough decisions next year that will be made as our defense is up there in age overall with Troy P., Brett K., James H., Ike T., and others in their 30s and in the later years of their contract. Don't get me wrong I want all of those guys around but I hear plenty of people saying we will not have them all here after this year.

3. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah I know. Troy and Ike will be back I think. James and brett have got to have great years in my opinion to stay. One good thing is, they know what they are doing

4. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Agreed, but, who coulda thunk that the O-line would look like a potential(yeah, it`s still only potential, but it looks good),STRENGTH of this team, heading into 2012?!?!
    Funny how, what we were all screaming for, for years, got addressed in one draft, more or less!
    Sure there was a lotta luck involved, but sometimes you make your own luck, by being ready to take advantage of opportunities that present themselves to you, and that is exactly what we do, by our longstanding strategy of grooming from within.
    Kudo`s to the Rooney`s, and the people they hire to take care of business!!!
    As for the "D"...
    I ain`t skurd...
    They are still being led by LeBeau, and there is plenty of youth coming onto the frontlines.
    Woodley, and Timmons ain`t old, and, Harrison doesn`t have as much on-field time, on his body, as his age would suggest.
    Troy, I love to death, but he has sacrificed his body to the hilt, to play the way he plays...
    Don`t expect too many more years outta him, but I think they will be damn good ones, as long as he avoids the injury bug.
    Keisel, I think(and hope), might surprise a few people with how many more quality years he has left.
    Last year was one of his best, and the rest were pretty damn good, too.
    At the very least, he is still there to teach the kids what Aaron Smith can`t, anymore;).
    Same with Taylor, even if his best years are behind him, which I don`t think they will be for at least another season or two, can teach the kids what it means to be a Steeler, and how we do it, in the `Burgh!
    We have a great mix of veteran leadership(Even with the offseason releases), and young talent, on both sides of the ball...
    And THAT is what I would give thanks to the front office, and coaches for!!!
    Our basic identity, has been long established, and well proven ,thru the years, and I tip my hat to the Rooneys for that!!!
    Thank you, for giving me a team to root for, that even our worst enemies concede, they wish they could be like!!!
    HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! HERE WE GO!!!!!
    Lombardi #7, in our sights!!!

5. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    The thing about Keisel is, to me, that he keeps getting better each year instead of the other way around. The last 3 years I have seen his game evolve. This should be a very telling year for JH. Personally, I think he will be on fire and show that he has a few more left in him. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Troy has one of his best years, to date. However, I think it will be one of his last. I still trust Ike and believe that, as he slows down, his speed becomes "normal". I can live with that for now!

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i like our mix also. kiesel is our best d-lineman right now, i don't think he goes anywhere. we have a couple of spots that need clarified yet but it looks good on paper. 1 more day until it kicks off. i kind of like the fact some of these older vets may get extra breathers this year, it can only help us down the stretch. something we have not been able to rely on in the past near as much. i hope they play these guys and get them under fire. i'd like to see ike moved to FS after this year. i think it could extend his career. :cool:

7. JD99

JD99 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Yep, exactly! I don't get why people are constantly saying that Keis won't be here much longer. Whats comical is I've heard this for the last 4 seasons now. He is by far our strongest and best DE. His only downside is his tendency for hammy injuries which have nagged him since college. When he's healthy, he's a total beast.

8. SteelYourPoints

SteelYourPoints Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Although Ziggy is probably the strongest, Keisel is my favorite D lineman on the team and definitely the best. He seems like of of those down to earth guys who loves to play and will do anything to help us win games on Sunday. (See Heath Miller and Aaron Smith)

9. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Sorry to keep quoting quotes but... Keisel is to me what A. Smith was, a football player. Injuries aside, when guys like this play the game it is played the way I believe football should be. They give their heart to the game and that makes it that more special. Ok, done with my bromance, for now!

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    jim and keisel sittin in a tree k i s s................... LOL :cool:

11. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I am in that group who is somewhat worried about our age on D, but I expect we will see an overhaul next year on defense much like we saw this year on offense. Safety is probably the largest area of concern for me, but ILB and OLB are also things where players performances THIS year will impact the draft. If Spence and Sylvester step up and show they can play, we can deal with some of the issues there by signing UFA guys, even Foote, to be depth.

12. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I'd grab that big furry beard and give 'em something to remember...I'm talking about the bearded lady at the circus for all you people that think I might be some kind of freak or something.

13. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I do feel good about the decisions of the front office and the current coach/player personnel. I feel even better about the players offseason works like Bens. PLus the responses from Sanders offseason workouts with Wallace. Sounds like most have worked harder this time around.