1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Project Blue Book

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by turtle, Sep 29, 2018.

1. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    New series on History channel starring Aidan Gillen (Littlefinger on Game of Thrones). Project Blue Book was the Air Force's investigation into the UFO phenomenon. Looks like an X-Files type show, which I'm a big fan. No start date announced that I can find...

I like all that weird stuff so I read a book called "The Day After Roswell" by Army Colonel Phillip Corso. Some very interesting stories about the immersion of alien technology into military and mainstream products (computer circuit boards, night vision, fiber optics to name a few). IF you believe it, will we ever know exactly? :lolol:

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Whew! I saw this thread and thought I missed the premiere.

Looking forward to it.

3. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I'm a skeptic by nature, but I have always been fascinated by Roswell/Area 51/Betty and Barney Hill/Kecksburg, etc. If you find a start date, let us know. I'd like to check it out.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It's fascinating but I've never bought in to it either. They have the technology to travel all this way but A) are subdued by a more primitive people or B) don't make themselves known? Why?

I googled the show though, looks good. I'll watch. I think I saw Dec start but nothing definitive.

5. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    This may explain the operation of Le'Veon's brain cells.

6. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    On a drive out west, i ended up overnighting in Roswell NM. Interesting place, but clearly mainly a mid sized western town making the most out of the UFO schick. Ex: the street light are shaped like alien faces, the McDonald looks like a flying saucer. You must go to the UFO Museum and Research Center, for $5 you get to see the 'evidence', mostly local newspaper clips and photos. Most of the visitors there are in on the joke, but a select few view every exhibit with somber seriousness.

Aside: former Steeler great Laundry Jones grew up in Roswell.

7. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    3 episodes in and I'm not crazy about it, I'll continue to watch though and see how it progresses. The investigation part of the phenomena seems washed out by some of the other sideline action. You can see they are slowly starting to develop the government conspiracy part of it.

8. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I was very much a believer in my youth.

So have UFO sightings just stopped since the smart phone came out? :lolol:

Seems less and less likely. So much more technology to atleast photograph a UFO/alien yet I've heard very little over the past 10-15 years.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Didn't realize it had begun. I'll check out the next one, see if the first three are worth watching.

10. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm a little disappointed they decided to go all X-Files with this.

The show actually revolving around how they really investigated things would have been fine. Anyone old enough to remember the Project Blue Book show from the 70s?

11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I actually like the show. It's not great but it's entertaining so far. Then again all this stuff is in my wheelhouse. I watch it all. Ancient Aliens,whatever is out there. As far as going all X Files this is supposed to be based on actual characters and events that happened way before X Files . If anything X Files copied off of this. It will never get to XFiles status for entertainment of course but I'll see it through.

12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Yea, I watch all that crazy stuff too including the paranormal shows. Both shows deal with the same subject material so there's gonna be comparisons. X-Files was the s*&t though, it'll be tough to top that one, but I'll continue watching as well...

ever see George Knapps presentation on Skin Walker ranch? It's like 2hrs on youtube but interesting as heck. Some of it is really out there, but Utah has weird areas with the earth's magnetic fields I heard..

13. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Wow birds of a feather. Oh I agree it won't touch X Files but it was loosely based off the story of PBB. I actually did watch that documentary like 3 days ago. There's some crazy stuff going on out there that's hard to ignore. The story with the wolf was wild....If you get a chance check out 2 Docs one is called Above Majestic and the other is Unacknowledged. The first one is crazy you will be second guessing everything you think you know. A lot of times I like to actually look at the people who are telling some of these hard to believe stories and watching their emotions just as much as the events they are describing. They are either some fabulous amateur actors or these things have really left a imprint on them. Check them out. Let me know what you thought.....

• Like Like x 1
  14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I just started reading the book "The Hunt for Skinwalker Ranch". I had no idea where the ranch was in Utah. Come to find out it's just west of Vernal, UT in the Uinta Basin. I was in Vernal for 8 months back in 2012 building a natural gas plant. Man I wish I would have known. I guess it's all fenced off and private property but I would have taken a drive by just to see the land. Supposedly that whole basin area is a UFO hotspot as well with a long history of sightings.

15. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Maybe you got too close already. That would explain a lot ;). You ever get a chance to watch Above Majestic and Unacknowledged ? Good stuff!

16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I am a weird dude, so you may be right!

At home, I only had internet access at the library so I couldn't watch them. I'm on the road again now, so maybe after the draft. I watched Unacknowledged for the most part about a year ago and it was very interesting. I'd like to watch again to see the rest of it.

17. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm pretty far out there myself too. I have a open mind to a lot of possibilities. Unlike some of the guys in the draft room :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  18. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    dang dude, Above Majestic was insane! I had never heard of that Oregon dry lake bed mandela occurrence before, especially weird with the nuclear disarmament timing. So many crazy things were brought up there. Thanks for the head's up..

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Used to like History and Discovery channel stuff.
    Now it's mostly sensationalized garbage.

On;y things I like now are the ones about logging and gold mining.

• Like Like x 1
  20. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Forged in Fire is a great show too imo

21. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Reading "Lost on Skinwalker Ranch" now. (Free book on Amazon prime). About a guard who was assigned to the ranch. Pretty good so far.

22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Sounds good. I’ll be waiting for your report....Being a proud ,self admitting conspiracy theorist that I am . I do find it kinda odd that there seems to be a push by the media (TV shows) and even the government somewhat to bring things to light. It kinda seems like a slow and subtle attempt to condition the public to something coming down the road(and soon).

A lot of the top UFO experts are predicting a disclosure in the near future. I’m hoping to find out the truth in my lifetime. For better or worse people need to know the world doesn’t revolve around them.....especially around here :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Forgot that was History Channel. Love that one

Not as into the new one Forged in Fire: Knife or Death. Second season is better, but it just feels too American Ninja Warrior cheesy!

24. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I had an actual UFO sighting. The government has issued me a gag order, but I feel safe revealing it here. I was driving at night. There was a full moon, so visibility was excellent. I was alone when I saw three lights formed in a triangle. They were white lights that looked similar to street lights (funny these advanced beings can only find lights like those here on earth). Anyhow, it got closer to my vehicle and my vehicle completely shut down. I got out of the car because that is what you do when an alien ship hovers over your car and shuts it down. The ship landed and a door opened to the ground. I was scared and fascinated at the same time. There was a fog as the doors opened, but before I knew it, Bigfoot came out of the ship and spoke to me. We had a nice conversation, and I learned he was from the planet Thyroid (weird huh?). He said not all his people look like him, some are white and live in cold mountain regions, some have wings, and some live in swamps. I told him I was surprised he could fly a space ship since I always thought he was more primitive. He assured me that Nessy was driving, and she had a valid space license. She? To say I was shocked that Nessy is a "she" is an understatement. Please do not discuss this with anyone else. I could be eliminated for divulging this information!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1