1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Profession sphincter at it again - AB - Thank God he is gone.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by LoneGranger, Aug 2, 2019.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Cant wait
    :rolleyes:

2. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016

4. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    LMAO AB deserves all of this. **** that guy for the rest of his career.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Usually once a player leaves the Steelers I don't follow him but am so looking forward to wishing ill will on AB and LB all season long.

6. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    LOL.

Yep, exactly as I thought. Something self inflicted by AB being irresponsible. Completely avoidable guarantee that Chucky is pissed but won't show it. And Im sure he's way less than trilled that he went behind their backs and showed his injury on social media despite the fact that the Raiders wanted to be mum about his injury. Again, I guarantee he's pissed but won't show it.

7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I don't care about Bell and Brown now that they are not Steelers, but it will be impossible to avoid the media talking heads on CBS, FOX, ESPN, NFLN and NBC. Brown and Bell will get endless coverage. I may turn off the TV during pregame, half time and post game.... to avoid as much as I can.

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Part of the problem is the Steelers rewarded Brown's idiocy by giving him exactly what he wanted to the detriment of the team. Maybe you try to find a good deal, but once he ruined the deal to Buffalo, the efforts to trade him should have come to an end. Show up or play and sit. It made very little difference to the salary cap.

All due respect to your overall point, but the bit about not accomplishing anything is crap. This is the ultimate team sport. One player can't control whether or not his team wins a championship, but Brown was a huge part of them being contenders.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    No, they don't. He got the new contract he wanted. He made the Steelers look bad. The team is weaker without the guy who caught 100 passes last season than it would have been with him and there is nobody with a lick of sense who thinks the Steelers got fair value for him.

Those things are inarguable among the sane.

10. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016

The steelers were a fake contender in the Killer B's era (2014 to 2018) .... The Steelers have never been close to winning something big with them ... Even in 2016, the AFC title game was not even close.

The killer B's era was the most disappointing era in steelers history, it was time to turn the page ... I do not care if Brown is happy or not, but I can say that many are very happy that the drama is probably over, since we would have never won something big with a distraction that Brown has become.

We're going to see who's going to miss the most..Are Brown going to miss the steelers in the next few years, or is it going to be the opposite? .... We'll see but if we look at the Roethlisberger era, we've had many success before with so many WR(Ward,Holmes,Wallace,AB and now it will be JuJu..He is ready)

And if we look in steelers history or even in the NFL history (especially in the last 20 years or so) it's impossible to win a super bowl with a toxic locker room ... Your leaders and your best players must be teams players, otherwise it's sure you'll win nothing big..I think the steelers want to come back what made their success before.

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Whether Brown misses the Steelers or not is irrelevant. They would have been better with him than without him. It is comical to see posters here twist themselves into rhetorical knots trying to dismiss the value of the best receiver in the game, which he was for three or four seasons. Y'all need to realize it is okay to be disgusted with his behavior while still acknowledging his contributions during his time in Pittsburgh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    The Steelers would have been better with Brown if he would have been a team player.He's a great player, but it was time to move on.

Say whatever you want about Brown, but it's almost impossible to win a super bowl with ME players like Brown as one of the leaders of the team who is too focused on his stats (even you said that) .. .It was a big distraction and it was time to move on ... When Ben say he has fun in the training camp again that says it all!

His opinion was very different in 2013 when the Steelers lost Mike Wallace by the way ...

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.c...berger-thinks-steelers-will-miss-mike-wallace

13. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Crap or not yes there were accomplishments but I'm approaching it from the angle that the team has not won a bowl with him or because of him... Always added to the team being in contention sure. I whole heartedly agree about it being the ultimate team sport, however one player can be the added piece to put things over the top just as much as the one player can **** on the lockerroom floor and ruin everybody's work day. I don't like how any of it went down but ultimately he had to go.

14. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    And if they would have done what you liked and dug in where would they be right now? My guess is still mired in a media circus that would have weighed down this entire training camp. Brown would still be sitting, still be tweeting, and still be doing interviews with LeBron, while Ben, Tomlin, Colbert, and the rest of the team would have to endure the daily bombardment of questions and media commentary about the whole situation. How productive would that be, especially given the few number of years Ben has left? Sometimes it is wise to know when to cut your losses and move on. Obviously the Steelers brass know this.

Made the Steelers look bad to whom? The national media who has gone out of their way to defend the mentally ill by trying to push the blame to Roethlisberger? If the Steelers improve on last years record and are able to grab another Super Bowl before Ben retires while AB's stats flounder with a lesser QB, then who looks bad? And at that point who cares if they got fair value for him, especially if Devin Bush is a catalyst toward that success.

I don't think many here are dismissing his value or denying his abilities. If they are, shame on them. What I see are many, like myself, who see beyond taking a fantasy football approach toward valuing a players contribution to the team. We're able to see the bigger picture and realize that there's more than stats. And sometimes those great stats come with a price. A big price, like being an egotistical malcontent who is constantly making himself a distraction and causing God knows what kind of friction in the locker room and the huddle. The reality is that while his production will surely be missed, a smartly designed and well executed offensive system can make up for much of that production. Especially if that system has plenty of other talented players capable of producing.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Amen

16. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Can't add the tweet link, but ab's lil boy asking him where is Roethisburger at camp... Apparently O'l owner mentality Ben left a mark just as much as his old man spoke Ben up. I can't stand when people contort **** to fit their agenda.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Good riddance to bad rubbish. They are better off without this version of AB.

JuJu is going to step in and fill the void left by AB.

The big question IMO is which one out of JW, Moncrief and DJ will step up.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    What else are the current Steelers going to say? Also, Colbert put all his chips in on Roethlisberger. He made that idiotic comment about the other players all being kids and he gave Roethlisberger an extension. Of course, after all that, Roethlisberger is going to go all-in with the team's chosen narrative.

Brown's me-first attitude hurt the team in 2018, especially the end, but the idea that it somehow held the Steelers back in previous seasons is unsupported at best, ridiculous at works. Most of his seasons as an elite receiver were wasted due to a piss-poor defense.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Brown is too old to follow in Bell's footsteps. Unless he wanted to retire, he would have played. You don't buy that? Fine. But there is every bit as much evidence supporting my claim as there is supporting yours.

The Steelers looked ridiculous to everybody outside of Pittsburgh. I'm sorry you can't see that.

It's not a fantasy football approach. There is absolutely zero evidence that Brown's selfishness had any effect at all on the team before last season. None. What he did was provide one of the best offensive weapons in the game.

20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It's certainly possible that Smith-Schuster can dominate against primary-receiver coverage, but he still has to prove that. None of the three guys you mentioned is ready to be a No. 2 like Smith-Schuster was last year.

21. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    I will agree that it was quite the circus and to a certain point yes the steelers got jobbed by a prick that forced their hand. I wish we could've gotten a better/much deserved finer return, but that's how reality works. A dumb ass tanks his value and in order to put his nose in the corner (very deservedly so by the way) you do the right thing and prove a point by keeping a sudden hostile under wraps against his will further causing division/turmoil etc... Yes he won. He won on his personal level because he got what was presented to all those of us to judge which is what HE wanted. He don't give a **** about the raiders he may come around to reminisce about his time here but ultimately he wanted out because his days of being the show pony were drawing near and mostly so due to the fact that his aging QB won't be around for the last hurrah.

I hated that the steelers caved and scraped for what they got in return (as well as the precedence it sets more so)but realize the act of shining him on and tough love demanding him to honor somehting he was not going to do in any fashion is not a positive yielding approach altogether.

There is always one guy who's production will be felt and more so when his production is lost, yet when you remove an ******* that can alone carry 200 lbs of mix to the site by himself... The folks who have to double down on effort seem to be happier to do so with the ******* removed. Addition by subtraction and that's what I am hoping for. I also full on know that the whole show could further devolve into another **** show but morally speaking, that's easier to take than letting idiots have their way. Yes he got his but the team may in fact be better for it as they sit back and watch his inevidible blow up fest with the rest of us.

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    1426 yards, not likely but 7 TD's is very doable. I'd take 1,000 yards and 7 TD's by any of them.

JuJu's TD's should go up being the main guy this year and I'm confident he'll have similar output in yardage.

AB is on the wrong side of 30, his game is dependent on precision and speed, two things that will drop off the quickest with age. His game already started to slip last season when looking at his DYAR and DVOA

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...-san-francisco-49ers-nfl/stories/201902040126

I think the offense will still click without him.

23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    No offense to you Blast Furnace and I agree that even with 100+ catches and 15 TD's something did seem a lil off about AB's production last season, but those are the dumbest stats I've ever heard of.

24. IZONUFOTO

IZONUFOTO Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    In honor of AB...Raiders changed their motto to... JUST WHEN?..YOU BIG BABY!

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No offense taken, I didn't invent it but I disagree that its dumb. Far from it.

But I get that these advanced metrics isn't to everyones liking.