1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Profession sphincter at it again - AB - Thank God he is gone.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by LoneGranger, Aug 2, 2019.

1. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    AB is already planning his next contract. He figures he has the new signing bonus from quitting before a game, so he will get an even bigger signing bonus from a new team quitting before the season.

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Wake me when he actually misses a regular-season game or fails to produce. For all the talk of his missed time during training camp last year, he still went on to catch 104 passes for 1,297 yards and 15 touchdowns.

The only winner in the Brown mess this offseason was Brown. It certainly wasn't the Steelers and I doubt it will be the Raiders, either.

What is the story here? That he's a selfish jackass? Isn't that something all of us learned this offseason if we hadn't known it earlier?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    The only winner last season was Rosenhaus, not AB.

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Brown wanted more money and he wanted more of his contract guaranteed. He got both. He wanted at least some control over where he was traded and he got that, too. He also seemed to want to hurt the Steelers on the way out the door and he got that, too. He made them look bad and he weakened the team. Sure, he made himself look bad, too, but he doesn't care about that.

He's on a worse team with a lesser quarterback, but he'll still get his targets and his own production, fame and fortune are all he cares about. He won. Accept it and move on.

5. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Blistered feet? I guess that is what happens when you're too damn ignorant to quit toe tapping on the hot plate of BS he's known for.

• Like Like x 1
  6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Reminds me of the scene in Platoon where Sgt Barnes accuses the guy of spraying skeeter repellent on his feet to get hauled off the line.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Makes me wonder what Brown's reasoning is going to be when the Raiders go on a losing streak. For all we know, that could happen within the first five games. The likes of both Minnesota and Chicago will cause the Raiders fits; Kyle Fuller and Xaiver Rhodes notwithstanding and doubly so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I know I should just try and forget him but what still really ticks me off is how he could go so wacko and devalue not only himself but at the same time a Steeler asset. We didn't get the value of a top 3 receiver in the league we got the value of a spoiled diva nutjob.
    How that happens with no repercussions is beyond me.
    I still don't know if it was a spoiled child like play to get out of the Burgh or if he is really having a mental problem.
    At his worst Brown made as much sense as Charlie Sheen when he was talking nonsense as he went of the rails.
    If its an act it's ridiculous he gets away with it , if its not an act he needs serious help.

9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It was about money. He had a few years left on his deal, and no more guaranteed money. There was no way the Steelers were giving him more, so he had to force his way out of town. I feel pretty damn sure that Drew Rosenhaus cooked this all up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Classic. New team new playbook and he's not there :lolol:

Of course he will now take Grudens comments as disrespect, it's already starting :popcorn:

Definitely the right move by the Steelers. I don't buy the money excuse, he's not acting, he's a nut job. His agent saw it as an opportunity to get more money but his disgruntled attitude towards MT and Ben was real and wanted out regardless.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't see the money thing as an excuse. I see that narrative as making him look like a manipulative lowlife who didn't care how things looked or who got hurt as long as he got his money.

12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    bears have the best defense in the NFL

13. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    The Killer b's era (2014-2018) was the most disappointing era in steelers history, so I'm glad this era is over .... We can focus in the football instead of being worried about what drama the steelers are going to have, since the steelers had drama almost every week in the last two weeks because of several players.

We won several games with Ben Roethlisberger before the killer B's era and Ben had a lot of success with so many WR in his career, so life goes on ...

For AB, I would not be surprised if he is a disappointed with the raiders like Randy Moss was in 2005 and 2006 .... I think it's likely he'll be productive for the fantasy football, but are the Raiders are going to win a lot of games with him? ... I do not think so and I would not be surprised if he's only with the raiders for 2 years, because of the drama.

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Moss was dogging it most of his time with the Raiders. I just don't see Brown doing that. I doubt he will even care that much if the team sucks as long as he gets his targets.

15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't remember Gruden's offense as having plenty of vertical routes so he is going to have to work to get those targets. Lots of short and intermediate routes which he does extremely well but may carry increased risk for an aging player.

16. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    If so, it was the time the Steelers trade him.It's really harder to win when some players are too focused on the stats ... No wonder Ben said the other day that he has fun in the training camp again.

The steelers will be able to focus on the important things and if our passing game continues to be productive and Brown loses its effectiveness with the Raiders, it will hurt his legacy, on and off the field ... At least for Ben has already proved he could be successful before Brown (and Bell) became a star in 2013.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
  18. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    I agree... Wether or not we think the team got jobbed it was time for him to go. You can't force a malcontent to play along if he's already checked out. Hopefully it's another case of addition by subtraction and he actually smells the roses he left whilst falling down in his own ****.

• Like Like x 1
  19. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    He's all smile.... I've suddenly lost my taste for little potatoes baked/mashed/fried or otherwise hahahahahah

• Like Like x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Brown was always focused on his statistics. He was the best receiver in the NFL for two or three seasons while he was focused on his statistics.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    But either way you spin it, address it, acknowledge it etc... He had to go and the team historically prior to his departure, even with his disdain for the current QB (that made him) included, accomplished more without him... A lot of different variables for sure but at the end of the day, he's gone and while we all as fans have a nice sized hi light reel to appreciAte from here til whenever, it really mattered none!

I wished they could've got more by trying to do the right/necessary thing but he purposefully tanked his value and still came up north of what he should've while the club lost a dandy. I get it dude but kind of like an addict, you can't make em change forcefully or not. Be it his wish or his agents he saddled up and wanted out and rode that horse for the longer than needed 8 seconds for a score.

It's all moot and I understand your logic to a point but he was done here hell or high water and keeping him around was only gonna make it worse. Hopefully the owners do their due diligence and get a play in place to where this sort of **** is not recognized or rewarded but I doubt it as they keep overvaluing folks to reset a market they have no business being in to begin with. Yeah certain athletes are hard to come by especially the QB market but it's as simple as this, make our team relevant and will talk about your place on the market value. Nothing more nothing less will actually swing the pendulum in the right direction.

Pay for accomplishing something not in accordance to what the dude across the way is worth. That alternative notion has tanked sports.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Those things remain to be seen.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Maybe he should cancel his shoe endorsement deal.... if he has one.... and try a different brand.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Just one word: Socks! Mr. Brown, I want to say one word to you...

• Like Like x 1
  25. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016