1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Profession sphincter at it again - AB - Thank God he is gone.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by LoneGranger, Aug 2, 2019.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    This thread is a prime example of why the first game can't get here soon enough.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You seem to have trouble with your reading comprehension and writing skills. You should contact AQL for pointers. I think he is a professional.

Just trying to help a fellow board member.

:smiley1:

Edit: Heck, I’m thinking Edson could help.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Then Real Steel will be back and life will be normal.

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

See, every time I attempt to hold out the proverbial olive branch, all I am met with is unthinkably, colossal bulverism. Why bother if someone is too proud to admit they are wrong?!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Professional sphincter (dyslexia caused me to not notice I left off the al)
    The human body has around 60 sphincter muscles. A sphincter muscle is any of the ringlike muscles surrounding and able to contract or close a bodily passage or opening. Of course when mentioning AB and sphincter in the same thought, I am referring to the anal sphincter. AB in Pittsburgh is viewed as an anal sphincter, AKA xaxsxsxhxoxlxex, professional type that is.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Thanks for the explanation. I thought you meant to type 'Professor Sphincter'.

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    That would work too. I think AB has earned an honorary doctorate in Sphincter-like behavior.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This thread should have been moved weeks ago. Who gives a **** about Antonio Brown,
    We should care only about the Steelers and how they can get better to compete against
    Pats, SD, KC, Balt, Cleve, Houston, Jax.

9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    All the teams you have listed have recently had question marks put in there 1st month evaluation. Only the Pats have ever shown talent for overcoming those questions. Chargers have their feature back holding out. KC is trying to recreate last season, Ravens have qb and defense issuses. Cleveland just had a come back to Earth moment. Houston lost their starting back. Jax is well Jax, they are trying to keep Foles confidence high.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    I can't believe people were serious about needing an explanation for the title. :confused1:

As you mention, it is a way of referring to someone as an anal opening, but not be crude about it.
    Like poker players referring to someone else at the table as a "donkey" (and not just because they are being stubborn).

The "professional" part was to emphasize that his sphincter-ness is not by accident, or at an amateur level, but that he has taken it to a professional... nay, an all-pro level of jack-@ssery.

(EDIT: This is the first time that I noticed the "al" was missing. I kept reading it as if it was there.)

11. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Apparently you do by posting a reply. :smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah the problem was it just said Profession. I knew he either meant Professional or professor, but he posts some silly stuff sometimes and I wasn’t sure.

I had some other reasons too.

13. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok smart ass who is better in the AFC?

14. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I wasn't trying to be a smart ass, I'm saying that all the teams you listed are having question marks heading into the first month. So you are right they should be focused because those teams will be vulnerable to start the season.

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I was one. I read it accurately. I just thought it was some reference I knew nothing of.

16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not denying what I said. I'm denying your dishonest twisting of what I said. There is nothing juvenile about not allowing you to misrepresent my words.

I know exactly what an ad hominem attack is. You have been using them. You've been attacking me, whether you want to lie and claim otherwise or not.

17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Yet another ad hominemn attack. Funny. That doesn't look like the University of Pittsburgh.

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Speaking of attacks, I see that's still all you have. If I need to learn how to post silly pictures, I'll ask AQL.

By the way, the real news on topic is that Brown is about to get an endorsement deal for his new helmet. So he got out of some practice time and he is getting a little more money, but should still be ready to go Week 1.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Wow. I can’t work out if AB is incredibly astute, or just charges forward and things fall his way.

20. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I didn't see the exact numbers, but it sounds like he'll be getting a lot more money for a helmet endorsement deal.
    https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/r...io-brown-found-happy-ending-helmet-fight-over

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think I'll take a wait and see approach to the accuracy of this news. Coming from one camp only.

If true, AB owes everything to his agent, keeps saving his ass.

However, anyone that thinks it will be all smooth sailing from here, come see me, I have some priceless jewelry to sell you, give you a great deal on it.

22. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011

All the more reason getting rid of this cancer, regardless of compensation, was the right thing to do.

Certain people have been railing against the Steelers rewarding his bad behavior by giving into his demands.

If the Steelers had dug in and forced him to play like certain people wanted, the helmet issue still would have still happened. It was going to come up this summer regardless of where AB was playing. Him getting an endorsement deal after acting like a petulant child IS rewarding bad behavior. So if he were still a Steeler, like certain people wanted, their course of action would have been undermined by a 3rd party that they have little to no control over. He would be even more emboldened (he still is, thankfully just not on the Steelers watch).

Im sure those certain people won't see it this way, but it even further undermines their argument.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm glad we are 3-0 in preseason. Imagine the doom and gloom if we had lost a game.

24. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    My mistake.

25. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    What a ****ty person AB is. Goodness.

• Agree Agree x 1