1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Profession sphincter at it again - AB - Thank God he is gone.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by LoneGranger, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    On this point, we absolutely agree. I also believe Clark. Brown was always a selfish ass. He was also a guy who worked his ass off to be a great player. All of that is true. It just took a while to see that he was an ass.

Bobby Bonilla was the same way. Fans thought he was a great guy, mostly because he played with Barry Bonds, who was openly a jerk. It wasn't until he got to New York that his character was truly revealed.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Football needs him, he doesn't need football. lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    lol. I never mentioned Bush at all. That's you grasping. I simply said that picks in 2019 are more valuable then picks in 2020.

You doth protest too much.

You're so wrong on this, but can't admit it. It's comical.

Let me put it this way...would you take the trade back right now if you could?

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    No, I brought up Bush because I keep seeing people on your side of this discussion regurgitating the false narrative the Steelers have pushed connecting the two trades.

I see you are moving the goalposts now because your first ridiculous hypothetical has proven to be a failure. I'll be happy to address this latest question once you admit your attempt at a gotcha moment also failed. Despite your hopes to the contrary, I did notice that you avoided that particular point. I'm not going to keep addressing your points if you're going to keep ducking mine.

5. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Lol, this says it all right here.

This is akin to saying "In my opinion the Sun revolves around the Earth. I don't think any astronomer on the planet would agree with me, but I'm sure that it does"

Case closed.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Only a profession sphincter could pull that off

• Like Like x 1
  7. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    14 pages in and we still haven't figured it out, nor has @LoneGranger fixed it or explained it.

8. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    He's not answering that because we all know he wouldn't. Just like he won't answer my question about AB's current trade value. He tried to side step that one, but instead stepped into a big pile of s**t

• Like Like x 1
  9. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    "They lost. Brown won."

Your insistence on treating this as a zero sum game when it isn't is ridiculous.

wait, I take that back. given you obstinance and complete refusal to admit you were just wrong on this tells me everything in your life is a zero sum game. You have some issues, man.

And in terms of ducking, how about answering my question. If you could would you take back the deal now?

10. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Exactly.

11. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I love the part where in order to not admit that he is wrong he has created a world in which the Steelers are so worried about the perceived appearance that they caved into Brown's demands that they have launched a campaign to distort the truth about how they were able to move up in the draft to take Bush and link it to the Brown trade so that they can fool everyone. The Truth is out there..... in a corn field in New York I'm assuming.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Now actually try a little harder to understand my point. I don't think the distractions matter once the games start, but they could have an impact on his perceived value to teams other than the one that currently has him.

Next time you try a mic drop, do better.

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Why else would they go out of the way to push that narrative? They were taking criticism for the trade, and suddenly they tie it to the trade for the pick to take Bush. I didn't create anything. I just pointed out something you don't like.

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You're still ducking my point. Why should I answer your questions if you run away from mine? Sorry. I'm not playing that game.

You thought you had me and you didn't. Please admit as much, or at least address the point, and I will be happy to address the new hypothetical you offered after your previous one turned out to be a failure.

15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Wrong again. You offered a hypothetical and I answered it. Then I raised a point that you refused to answer. Deal with that, then I'll deal with your next point.

Seriously, you want to keep moving the goalposts all over the place and throwing out one pointless hypothetical after another, but when I catch you on something you won't even acknowledge it. Sorry. I'm not playing that game with you.

16. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Why?

I won. You lost.

lol.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I didn't sidestep anything. I proved your gotcha moment wasn't one and you ran away.

19. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I have no feeling on the trade or the draft. I have no standing with the team or stake in what the team does or doesn't do. If the ownership that has been pretty straightforward for the 28 years I've been seriously paying attention to football say so I will take them at their word. I don't need to engage in speculation about the motives behind a trade because at the end of the day I don't matter in the grand scheme of the Pittsburgh Steelers organization. So pushing a false narrative in order to not appear weak in their handling of the Brown situation sounds like a conspiracy theory spun by armchair owners and GM's who think they can do better.

20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Only in your dreams. Actually, you and Bobbybiz kinda blended together there. You both like to move the goalposts when your arguments fail.

Would I go back in time to when the Steelers traded Brown and refuse to deal him and refuse to give him new contract? Yes.

Would I reverse the trade now? Not with Brown's current contract. He got the new contract he wanted and things got worse. I don't think he pulls half of this foolishness if he's still stuck with the old deal.

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Actually, it is a concept based upon critical thinking. This isn't the Steelers of 28 years ago. This isn't the same owner, GM or coach, so I'm not going to assume they will be as straightforward.

General managers in sports lie. They share information in a way that serves the best interests of the organization. Most often, that means telling the truth, but sometimes it does not.

22. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Just saw on the NFL network that Brown has filed a second grievance against the league about his helmet.

23. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Yep, you're right. Brown wouldn't pull half of this foolishness if the Steelers would have not given him what he wanted and forced him to play where he didn't want to, under a contract without any more guaranteed money. I'm certain that he wouldn't have missed any practice time and would have simply found a new helmet to play with. :rolleyes: If you believe that, then I've got land in Florida that I'll sell you by the gallon.

The man got everything that he wanted....a new team, a new QB, and 30 million more dollars guaranteed....and he's pulling this foolishness.

Do you even think about what you are writing? Do you proof read it before you post? You can't possibly believe what you just wrote, can you? You should have quit 10 pages ago. You're just looking worse with each passing page.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    He wouldn't have done that if the Steelers would have just forced him to play here this season.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  25. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    I see what you did there. If you reverse a trade, why would the Steelers be stuck with the Raiders contract? That's not how it works. So with that out of the way, answer the question.....would you reverse the trade now?

• Winner Winner x 2
  26. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Brown has his money, which makes it easier for him to do whatever he pleases, not harder. That's the point you were missing. The last thing you want to do is give a selfish jackass everything he wants. He'll just push for more.

I think about my posts well enough that I don't have to employ ad hominem attacks like the one you used in the last line of your post.