1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Profession sphincter at it again - AB - Thank God he is gone.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by LoneGranger, Aug 2, 2019.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Well the masses are right in this case :shrug:.

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    15 pages and I still don’t know what profession sphincter means

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Not to defend Brown in any way, shape, or form but this whole thing lends itself more to the theory of him having some sort of bipolar disorder. The poor impulse control. The helmet thing practically screams OCD that can cripple bipolar suffers to the point of shutting down. My younger brother would tie and untie his shoes several times, pulling the laces so tight they would almost break in an effort to make them feel right. If he couldnt, he would take all his clothes off get back in his sleep pants and stay in bed. He only had a mild form of bipolar mixed with social anxiety.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ouch

6. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    He needs a better mentor than what he has as of now. I mean bad, he really needs one bad before he starts his sabatoge again.

7. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

It was one of the goal for Antonio Brown back in March..

8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Initially:

I thought the Steelers should have made AB shut up and play.

I thought a 3 and a 5 wasn’t enough.

I thought Tomlin/Rooney had lost control.

Now I know I was wrong.

It is good AB is gone.

It shows how good of a job Tomlin was doing at holding this together and being P T Barnum at the circus our resident with echolalia has repeated mentioned.

I’m still not a Tomlin fan. It will be a challenge to make up the lost AB production.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Yea that's def one way to look at it.. I'm not a Tomlin fan either so it's hard for me to give him credit for anything really but to see the raiders already sick of him it's pretty amazing to look back now and see how we were able to put up with him for 9 years.. And to put up with him and bell to boot. so I guess Tomlin deserves some credit for that.. Ouch that was hard to do

• Like Like x 1
  10. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Imo, the challenge will be when we need a score, who will Ben trust to throw to in double & triple coverage. I think we will still be able to move up & down the field on offense.

11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Agreed , and i cant stand Tomlin

12. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Me either.. There's literally nothing about him that I find likeable.. Saying anything good about him was about as painful as Satan going into a church

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Steelers got what they could for the monster they created. I still don't dissolve them of all the blame in how AB turned out. You notice the Raiders made it clear either he's in or out yesterday and he's there today? Where was that with the Steelers? They would have lied to cover-up all this mess like they did last OTA's. Steelers tried something new.. Getting away from the Steelers way for generational talent and at the end of the day it got them nothing. Hopefully they learned from this experience and don't make the same mistake again.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Personally can't understand penalizing your team and your own development..... over an issue you have with the league. This isn't a Raiders caused issue, it's purely the owners and NFL that came up with the helmet specs after continuing CTE lawsuits and such. It's not like every single other player in the NFL doesn't have to abide by the same rules. Bizarre situation. Glad the head case is gone, as a fan, I feel like we were sheltered from this drama BS for his whole career until week 17 last year.

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  16. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    I don't think we were "sheltered from this drama BS for is whole career." When he first came into the league, he seemed humble, likable, hard working, and all smiles. The AB of today is nothing like the AB of 9 years ago battling Arnaz Battle for that 5th WR spot. But then, he was fed Money from the front office and Entitlement from Tomlin. He's become so bizare. I wonder if his own Mother even recognizes him.

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    According to Clark, he's always been this way. I believe Clark.

He said you give that money too AB, he's going to be a monster and on the very day he got Wallaces contract, he got into a fight with Dick LeBeau.

18. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    While I agree. A lot of fans were blinded by his smile for years. I said they should have traded him instead of doing something they normally never do and reworked his contract to make him the highest paid. I knew who he was at that point but fans were still blind to the truth. It still doesn't mean the Steelers handled him right. Some discipline over the years could have gone a long way.

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes, I'm going by hindsight of course and I once felt that Tomlin was maybe to blame but now I think he actually got a lot of mileage out of AB in light of whats happening.

Raiders are fed up and haven't even made it through one preseason :lolol:

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    The Steelers didn't create the monster, imo. It was always there.

As for the Raiders somehow handling it better and that the Steelers should have publicly called him out like Mayock did, we'll see how successful that is. Just because AB is back doesn't mean that much. He could be just going through the motions at practice and it remains to be seen how he performs and behaves as things go forward. My own feeling is "getting tough" on AB isn't going to change his behavior one whit and may have negative results. Remains to be seen obviously, but I don't see this ending well for the Raiders.

21. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I so look forward to Hard Knocks Tuesday night.

22. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    From what I've read they didn't have practice today. AB simply showed up at the facility much like he showed up for the Cardinals game on Saturday.

What I don't get is why he can't practice in a certified helmet while he's sorting out the issue with his other helmet.

I have yet to see one person in the media bring this up.

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Didn’t you know he’s the franchise?

24. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not in a corner at all. Your ridiculous hypothetical question is what would the Raiders get for him if they tried to trade him now. In my opinion, the distractions are irrelevant. I don't think the other teams in the NFL will agree with me, so the foolishness this preseason could reduce his value from what it was a few months ago.

Please not, I never said the helmet and feet issues were "deal breakers." Please don't misrepresent what I post. Thank you.

I'm being fair and realistic here. You are claiming a gotcha that simply did not happen. I do hope you will admit as much now that I have clarified things for you.

25. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The Steelers lost an elite player and got a minimal return and he still counts against their salary cap this season. This was a significant negative for the talent level of the team. They also showed that star players who don't like their contracts can just throw temper tantrums to get out of them. They lost. Brown won. Perhaps the Raiders lost, too, but that doesn't help the Steelers.

And please don't bring up the false narrative of the Brown trade allowing the Steelers to trade for Bush. They had the picks to make that deal anyway. The team just put that false narrative out there because they know how bad the Brown fiasco made them look.